• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • DB waits 6+ years for RWBY to get buffs to beat a series that ended
  • Ended series gets more notable buffs in that time period than RWBY

NGL kinda funny.

Fire force currently dropped stuff which with wank gets you at tier 1, higher plnes a d math being mentioned among these for that
How many seasons does RWBY have left from Monty's story bible? Like c'mon Miles and Kerry, give Ruby a black hole feat or some better silver eyes hax, I don't want to see her be excecuted by Maka.

How many seasons does RWBY have left from Monty's story bible? Like c'mon Miles and Kerry, give Ruby a black hole feat or some better silver eyes hax, I don't want to see her be excecuted by Maka.
Bro, at this point, there is no escaping that execution. Miles and Kerry are firmly convinced they've shown the characters power progression well already, despite them, feat-wise, having regressed in reality from earlier volumes. Ruby is doomed to decapitation by Maka.

A lot undeserving of it, but what can you do, really?
true but shit
its funny just how being a Uni buster just isn't hotshit nowadays
Bro, at this point, there is no escaping that execution. Miles and Kerry are firmly convinced they've shown the characters power progression well already, despite them, feat-wise, having regressed in reality from earlier volumes. Ruby is doomed to decapitation by Maka.
its funny Maka indirectly gotten a massive buff despite her series being done 9 years ago

When Toriyama and Toyo pull their heads out of their asses and give us some feats, then we can talk about a DB character potentially reaching tier 1. As of now though? None of them. Not even football head.
I meant a Dragon Ball to be blamed, like how DB was blamed earlier in this thread for the circa 2015-2016/2020-2021 revisions of people's pet franchises getting Universe Buster status. What franchise introduced via Death Battle or the wider versus community as a whole would inadvertently cause a huge influx of upgrades.

Characters will stop reaching uni level and above when franchises stop getting cosmic or using characters from higher planes of existence in their series. Franchises keep introducing that shit so characters keep reaching those levels.
IDK if you agree: Marvel and DC were among the comics who introduced the concepts of multiverses and timelines and higher dimensions. Many current literature just try to follow suit and add extra spice.

(Dr Strange, Dr Fate, the Flashes, true form DS, that 5D imp, TOAA, The Presence, Monitor Mind Overvoid, THE Writer...)

I meant a Dragon Ball to be blamed, like how DB was blamed earlier in this thread for the circa 2015-2016/2020-2021 revisions of people's pet franchises getting Universe Buster status. What franchise introduced via Death Battle or the wider versus community as a whole would inadvertently cause a huge influx of upgrades.
Hard to say, really.

More or less yeah. With that being the case Shinra and Carter would probably be in nearly the same range.

However, if you scale Carter Grayson to 1/5th of the Life-Force Megazord (because the zord is literally powered by the Power Rangers themselves as opposed to normal megazord) then he is 1/5th of a Small to Large Star Level calc.
Wait since when did the Zords get a Tier 4 calc?

Back then being a planet buster was the hottest shit you can be and seeing characters getting into Universal level and above to be somewhat of a rare sight

Now?

Almost everybody a Universal Buster :ROFLMAO:
Remember when STTGL was famously one of the strongest anime characters just because of it's multi-galactic size and speed, no multiversal or 11D BS?

Remember SSJ4 gogeta being the strongest db character (at least in the eyes of the fandom)

elder god demonbane

IDK if you agree: Marvel and DC were among the comics who introduced the concepts of multiverses and timelines and higher dimensions. Many current literature just try to follow suit and add extra spice.

(Dr Strange, Dr Fate, the Flashes, true form DS, that 5D imp, TOAA, The Presence, Monitor Mind Overvoid, THE Writer...)
They might not have been the first to introduce the concepts, but they definitely popularized it and brought them mainstream, which helped bring these types of feats and stakes to popularity. So they're definitely somewhat at fault. I'd say Dragonball could probably be pointed at to a degree too.

Remember when STTGL was famously one of the strongest anime characters just because of it's multi-galactic size and speed, no multiversal or 11D BS?

Remember SSJ4 gogeta being the strongest db character (at least in the eyes of the fandom)

elder god demonbane
Simpler times man simpler times
How strong is soul eater Now anyways?
Without FF being taking into account Island
With it now Planet Level

I’m like 100% certain those don’t quantify as lightspeed :V
*they only travel in straight lines
*they generate heat rather than produce force when impacting objects
*they cut things instead of fragmenting them
*they reflect off of mirrors
*Velvet was able to make a perfect replica of her lasers with her Light Dust (Dust in RWBY literally being natural elements turned into crystals)

In Dragon Ball, Roshi destroyed a moon.
In Dragon Ball Z, Frieza destroyed a large planet.
In Dragon Ball Super, "with God Ki, Goku could match blows with the God of Destruction, Beerus. Their clash nearly destroyed the entirety of Universe 7, a cosmological structure at least nine times larger than our own universe. At most, it could even be as large as 13 times greater than ours. Uh, side note, it's worth mentioning that when two Gods of Destruction fought, they were capable of casually destroying two of these universes."

Oh Dr Slump has Arale casually playing around planets (and even she was defeated by Beerus). Popeye, Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny casually jumped out of the anime reel and interact with the animators.

In fact, whenever a franchise gets popular, it easily becomes a template for other writers to follow suit. Just like the online game craze and VR craze spawned off Sword Art Online, which spawned off Log Horizon, Bofuri and more isekai genre.

Or how Gundam Seed spawned off praises on Gary Stus.

Or how Saikano spawned off those "grotesque / doomsday weapon girlfriend" genre (one of which is Elfen Lied).

*they only travel in straight lines
*they generate heat rather than produce force when impacting objects
*they cut things instead of fragmenting them
*they reflect off of mirrors
*Velvet was able to make a perfect replica of her lasers with her Light Dust (Dust in RWBY literally being natural elements turned into crystals)
Fair enough.
That make Blake stomps harder on Mikasa, while implying Mitsuru is far stronger than how she was portrayed in fighting Weiss. Not what can boost Yang against Tifa though.

Wait what? Kaguya-sama: Love is War shares a universe with other series?
This... Actually served as a counter argument against the belief that some characters are god tier by living in the same verse as gods who performed some godly feats. Just look at Marvel and DC. (I must say though sometimes people refuse to acknowledge characters reaching high tiers because characters actually went fist upon fist with other high tier characters.)

Do we have a CRT on the Soul Eater / Fire Force god tiers now? (If people are accepting such scaling)

Whoever gets matched with this monster is toast /s
IMG_3249.png

This dude unironically blitzes and one shots Saitama tho

Last edited:
Looking back on the Season now that it's been a little bit, I'm kinda surprised how many fights were neutral feeling or negative for me. More than I thought left no impression (and some I already forgot becauseof it) or I actively dislike.

Everyone's perspective is different of course, and my subjective view means really little, but it's surprising looking back on the big anniversary season and only being able to pick out 3 I loved and 3 I liked

Of course, would I trade it? No, probably not, the peaks were all super high for me, Reverse Flash Vs. Goku Black, DIO Vs. Alucard, and Saitama Vs. Popeye have all entered my 'fights I'll rewatch any time' club...but I guess I was hoping to be blown away more than I was.

Maybe my expectations were in the wrong place, maybe I'm just a complainy bastard who needs to loosen up. Dunno. Just wanted to vent that after a watch back I just feel weirdly disappointed.

God I hate the "it fulfills the properties of laser so its a laser" shit.

Of course its easy to do that. They are simple properties and practically common knowledge. But with common sense I doubt some could dodge sth that moves around earth 7+ times.
Why discriminate against RWBY on light dodging feats?

Samurai Jack barely scratches small town AP and he is relativistic+. Jake Long is Tier 8 and Danny Phantom is Tier 7 and they are relativistic+ to low FTL.

Outliers are an issue but this is still a laser dodging feat - we have had relativistic and Moon Lucy by cosmetic graphic display and she does not even have anyone in her verse remotely comparable - and her tsunami kicking feat is ranging from city to large island. Her MHS feat should be legit still.

The true concern is consistency: and RWBY is not like those who abuses the hardest - like those 80s and 90s cartoons with extra cheese... These works have a lot of laser dodging feats just to be counter-argued by being unable to react to a falling tree trunk or a measy bullet.

You know what is as weird? Having characters who cannot even clear light speed normally and then they are multiple universe busters. To spice up, they have automatically been upgraded to infinite speed or at minimum MFTL+ speed because destroying a universe with an attack has to have such speed to reasonably spread through a universe.

Or another case: everyone is "infinite speed" of crossing a distance "described" to be "infinite" in length.

Besides the obvious stuff like whether or not characters reacting to and/or dodging lasers is an outlier or not, I think it's perfectly fine to count something as a laser so long as it fulfills a sufficient amount of its properties. Like the saying goes, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Why discriminate against RWBY on light dodging feats?
I don't think his issue is with RWBY specifically, rather light dodging feats in general.

I don't think his issue is with RWBY specifically, rather light dodging feats in general.
Yeah, it wasnt just for RWBY, its for any verse where FTL+ only comes from lasers.

I guess technically there is a loophole for energy attacks that do destroy unis, those being MFTL+ is fine, but thats bit different from generic laser attacks being given actual FTL+ speeds. But honestly, in DB universe crossing waves are surprisingly rare. Besides lolGokuBeerus

Yeah, it wasnt just for RWBY, its for any verse where FTL+ only comes from lasers.

I guess technically there is a loophole for energy attacks that do destroy unis, those being MFTL+ is fine, but thats bit different from generic laser attacks being given actual FTL+ speeds. But honestly, in DB universe crossing waves are surprisingly rare. Besides lolGokuBeerus
Actually I see lolGokuBeerus a good way to demonstrate a universe busting feat without busting an actual universe. Similar case for lolBarryWally.

The real way to confirm lasers & energy to have FTL+ feats is to know the distance we know of them.

Goku vs Beerus clash reaches universe in less than a minute? Thats fast.

Piccolo destroys moon in short time frame? We actually know enough to calc that.

Somehow like 4 fighting game verses have lasers that reach from orbit? Yeah thats fine too.

But say, Steven Universes shitty ass defense grid system making them FTL? Get outta here.

Now, SU might have other technical MFTL+ stuff like Diamond attack, but no one really scales to its speed.

The duck fallacy sucks. If how it looks is important, please look at how the actual scene is portrayed. The scene DB used to prove Steven is Lightspeed is really bad.

Of course its easy to do that. They are simple properties and practically common knowledge. But with common sense I doubt some could dodge sth that moves around earth 7+ times.

This but for 'destruction of all existence pertains to 2-C+'. You're telling me Malos needed Aion + Sirens to blow up a planet, but can seemingly universe bust 'because Xeno'? Imma press X to call bullshit, chief.

I know this is coming from someone who puts 'life wiper' at moon level, but there's a reason it's an estimation that's normally a lowball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back