• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well make bad guy Dark Nintendo copy Battle Royale lol
Not really, since alot of other Nintendo dark copies don't really have alot in common with each other aside from being dark copies of Nintendo characters
DS vs DB tho can stand on it's own, it has connections, animation potential and a GODLIKE music potential because of Dark Bowser's theme in BIS (Seriously, that has to be one of the best final boss themes).

DBMatch19-1.png

Just a dumb ol BR, those could be fun

Dark Bowser had no official Art so he died sorry Loh :V

Why didn't you use fan-made renders then?
I'd rather use official art. While not all fan art, I dont like some fan arts used in TNs.

Which reminds me how Bomberman has fanart used in current DB TN lol
in terms of Super Era Reps we only got
Hit
M.Zam
Jiren(Maybe)
that's it
Technically Subarashi-man & NEW! Broly as well if counting everything but... yeah. Super doesn't as many fights as one would think.

I mean that DB is a business comment exists in the same reality as a Popeye vs Saitama fight. I don't think Popeye fans are gonna jump on me for saying Popeye hasn't been relevant in decades.

Also completely unrelated to my above comment but another awesome fighting game fight would be Zangief (Street Fighter) vs King II (Tekken).

Even then... its Popeye.

Sure, maybe you dont know all of his details like I didnt but... its Popeye. He is nowhere near obscure in west.
I'm going to be frank and say I know friends who collect comics who were asking me who Popeye was. He really isn't too much in modern pop culture as much as Saitama or even Megatron. Aforementioned movie cancellation being a prime example of that. King features probably more laser focused on the Cuphead show they're working on rather than Popeye liscensing.

Yeah but again was Popeye
I mean it was one of his popular fight... though not his most by a long shot. Probably Saitama's biggest (that's not superman or goku) would probably have been Sans, as stupid as it may sound. Probably would have been a better match and gotten much higher views, but they didn't pick it.
If you want to talk about matches no one has every actually asked for Storm vs Korra also happened this season.

I'm going to be frank and say I know friends who collect comics who were asking me who Popeye was. He really isn't too much in modern pop culture as much as Saitama or even Megatron. Aforementioned movie cancellation being a prime example of that. King features probably more laser focused on the Cuphead show they're working on rather than Popeye liscensing.
Fair I guess. I'd say say in 90s Popeye would have been more relevant, but that was still 22+ years ago, ****. This might be modern bias but Popeye is 93 years old.
Probably Saitama's biggest (that's not superman or goku) would probably have been Sans
Its Goku or Superman.

Cell's ideal opponent should use style of copying opponents like Amazo & Super Skrull, less Copy X. I guess Dark Samus counts, but being Samus + Metroid + Phazon doesn't quite feel like Cell. Also no banter.
I think Omega from Mega Man may fit better than even Copy X as Cell's opponent.

And no **** Super Skrull and Amazo, we had enough DC and Marvel characters, even Dark Samus would be better at that point.

The last time Popeye wasn't stuck in syndication/direct to DVD/low budget YouTube hell most of the people posting in this thread likely weren't around (80s).

Its Goku or Superman.
I specified not Goku or Superman for a reason. Yes they're his biggest match up, I know that, but the connections for those are terrible and it's only discussed because Superman and Goku are seen as strong not because they have connects. If you ignore all the fights that are just "Saitama vs [Strong Character]" funny skeleton man is probably at the top... or Hulk maybe but like he still kinda falls into that.

I mean that DB is a business comment exists in the same reality as a Popeye vs Saitama fight. I don't think Popeye fans are gonna jump on me for saying Popeye hasn't been relevant in decades.

Also completely unrelated to my above comment but another awesome fighting game fight would be Zangief (Street Fighter) vs King II (Tekken).
Popeye is a ******* icon
yeah he isn't relevant that much in the modern but its lets not act like he some literal who tier his videos on youtube has bigger views than majority of Saitama MU outside goku and superman

not to mention Saitama being popular as hell to be on the DB also helped it

I specified not Goku or Superman for a reason. Yes they're his biggest match up, I know that, but the connections for those are terrible and it's only discussed because Superman and Goku are seen as strong not because they have connects. If you ignore all the fights that are just "Saitama vs [Strong Character]" funny skeleton man is probably at the top... or Hulk maybe but like he still kinda falls into that.
You dont just "not count" those. Its like not counting Goku vs Superman or Mario vs Sonic. They are far more popular than other bad fights like Maul vs Carnage.

Which is great how we dodged a bullet lol

You dont just "not count" those. Its like not counting Goku vs Superman or Mario vs Sonic. They are far more popular than other bad fights like Maul vs Carnage.

Which is great how we dodged a bullet lol
But "Goku vs Superman" and "Mario vs Sonic" have connections, Superman/Goku Vs Saitama is just "Would this strong character beat other strong character?" which is the kind of match death battle should never do. It's matches that are more popular as arguments about characters abilities rather then a debate between the actual characters, it's a fight like Flash vs Accelerator, a match that has been discussed but not actually for the match but an excuse to argue about how character function.
4573989-2m7glqp.png

I cant help it Cell fits best with comics characters. Might as well not use him then I guess lol

Realistically "business" DB is not going to touch a sub-sub Mega Man franchise that wasnt even shown in Smash, so I cant see Copy X happening.

Dark Samus is... not good but might be ok if we have to stretch it.

We already talked how some DBZ characters just dont have matches and Cell... well, kinda is that.

Besides the problem with comics is not only over-saturation, its that most fights chosen after S7 have been so-so on average. Theres plenty good comics MU but we get the not great ones. That, on top of high usage, is a problem.
But "Goku vs Superman" and "Mario vs Sonic" have connections, Superman/Goku Vs Saitama is just "Would this strong character beat other strong character?" which is the kind of match death battle should never do. It's matches that are more popular as arguments about characters abilities rather then a debate between the actual characters, it's a fight like Flash vs Accelerator, a match that has been discussed but not actually for the match but an excuse to argue about how character function.
Yeah, but Saitama vs Goku/Supes is waaaay too popular, even when they are trash. Probably the most popular trash suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back