• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for ****'s sake, people do not give a single **** in the universe what megatron it is. If they see "Megatron", they will not care which one it is. Casuals don't even know what the **** "G1" is.

Also, you were trying to justify Frieza vs Megatron as a good matchup earlier, but now all you can say is that it will happen because DB is a business. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Once again missing the ******* point

If you think DB going to use a specific version Megatron than the one most are familiar with then you don't know shit
They didn't do that shit with Optimus they ain't doing that with Megatron

And damn missing the point again how do you keep doing it
FriezaTron is a good MU AND ONE THAT ******* DRAWS VIEWS

Of the current characters who have returned in DB, do you think some were not justified to return?

Thinking on how Carnage fought a "nobody" Lucy while Alex Mercer would have been an ok option. Yes, we know Cole vs Alex is bigger fish, but is Alex not worthy of being 2 timer? While understandable "business"-wise, it does make a point that some characters might get wasted with bad luck.
That depends on the character
Batman is the bigger offender given we had four episodes on him

Both Alex and Cole comes across as being one time thing in DB especially when they don't have much a strong pull

Bats vs Spidey & Hellbat vs IM make sense, but yeah vs Cap and especially vs BP pushed it bit too far, with latter having issues.

And hell, I think DB wants to do Avengers vs JL, so expect more Bats. I guess technically Bruce was in Terry's ep too as part of fight.
Asking from a company with budget concerns, I think the Justice League vs Avengers MU is just too costly for Rooster Teeth to make while making the animation reasonable (like, better than Akuma vs Shao Kahn or Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man).

In fact, they refrain from doing battle royales for a long time, with like only Mega Man battle royale and The Seven battle royale being more recent Death Battle episodes - and Rooster Teeth did The Seven battle royale because Amazon sponsored them.

Speaking of commercial decisions by Death Battle crew, it is kind of weird to see the discrepancies of popularity of matchups among different people. Like Galactus vs Unicron, Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer, Shulk vs Lightning, Frieza vs Megatron or Mewtwo, Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia and/or Yugi Muto, Agent 47 vs John Wick vs Spy (TF) vs Spike Spiegel vs Revy vs Lupin III vs Sly Cooper... (2 out of those)... These matchups have been floating around for ages and the crew are still not dishing them out. Like some matchups have been floating for too long as an idea they are becoming stale and therefore losing audience drawing potential. (I can understand Galactus vs Unicron being postponed till around a time a Marvel or Transformers movie goes on screen and the movies keep being postponed just like the battle itself, but the other matchups... I cannot speak the same.)

Last edited:
Going by S6 & S7, they really tried to match fights based on kinda or close trends, like Marvel vs Marvel near movies, same with attempting WW & Venom in S7 but lolCoronadelays.

S8 was Legacy for what they wanted, not necessarily what community wanted. S8 looks like based on some trends too.

A lot of fan requests just get missed due to this. Also Comics matches being big in S2-S6 led them to keep saturate them a lot, which lead to even S8.

So Shang Tsung vs Starscream's size difference makes it's animation potential shit, but Megatron vs Frieza's can be worked around? Nice double standards.

He may not be immune to being wrong, but you sure as hell aren't either. And in this case, I think he's much more knowledgeable on the subject than you are.
Yeah and?
simpsons-monkey-knife-fight.gif

"I remember Ben or Chad saying something along the lines of "if you want longer fights or better animation, drop us $500k" in one of their commentaries"

So why don't they do a gofundme or whatever site is used nowadays and have the fans pitch in? I'm sure they can get a decent amount if they promise certain fights or remakes of older fights...
I am not sure myself, maybe because Death Battle is owned by Rooster Teeth which is owned by Warner Bros. which is in turn AT&T so doing so may look like sleazy e-begging (despite the logistics of being funded by their parent or grandparent companies being slim to none), the more likely would be copyright unless if it falls under parody like the series proper.

Is it weird that I think that Spawn vs Demi-Fiend would work well as an SFM episode?

Focuses on abilities over physical strikes, good potential banter and personality showoff between Spawn and Demi's summons (which in turn would give the opportunity for both to have fun expression work), both have good modern models to work with (Spawn from MK, Demi-Fiend from SMT5), it's got good stuff going for it.

also DevilArtemis animating Mara is perfectly blursed

Is it weird that I think that Spawn vs Demi-Fiend would work well as an SFM episode?

Focuses on abilities over physical strikes, good potential banter and personality showoff between Spawn and Demi's summons (which in turn would give the opportunity for both to have fun expression work), both have good modern models to work with (Spawn from MK, Demi-Fiend from SMT5), it's got good stuff going for it.

also DevilArtemis animating Mara is perfectly blursed
Could we throw this Demi-Fiend at Devilman? I really want to see Devilman in, but his best match is Spawn or Ghost Rider, and those two are definitely going to fight one another.

(To launch The Emperor of Mankind in Death Battle)
You know that's impossible
Well if not for poor marketing technique of Games Workshop... The Emperor of Mankind in Death Battle is actually having a bigger chance than we think. Given Warhammer has some actual media footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back