• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Based individual on the DBW

Hey remember what I said earlier about folks instantly dropping MUs just cuz of what one person said?

Remember what I said about how connections don’t have as much of an impact on MUs as long as it has a strong theme and a good fight dynamic?

Remember how debunks aren’t automatically fact and are also capable of being wrong or bullshit because so many of them just throw a shit fir over the fact they’re not basically ripping each other off and just nitpick all the little details that make zero difference to the fight?

Remember all the good times you had liking the MU for its many qualities? Good times that apparently must not matter all that much if a single ****** not liking it is enough for you to call it dogshit?

Remember how you’re a human being with independent thought and the ability to come to your own conclusions and even dispute claims if you think they’re being unfair towards a MU you think doesn’t deserve the hate?

Remember the reason why I ******* despise connection debunks because it’s one of the most blatant examples of how people will piggyback off of a single well known individual’s opinion and spread more vitriol and in many cases blatant lies for no other reason than because they want to stay in the cool kid’s club even if they would’ve liked the MU had they not been afraid to have any semblance of independence?

From a Based individual on the DBW

Hey remember what I said earlier about folks instantly dropping MUs just cuz of what one person said?

Remember what I said about how connections don’t have as much of an impact on MUs as long as it has a strong theme and a good fight dynamic?

Remember how debunks aren’t automatically fact and are also capable of being wrong or bullshit because so many of them just throw a shit fir over the fact they’re not basically ripping each other off and just nitpick all the little details that make zero difference to the fight?

Remember all the good times you had liking the MU for its many qualities? Good times that apparently must not matter all that much if a single ****** not liking it is enough for you to call it dogshit?

Remember how you’re a human being with independent thought and the ability to come to your own conclusions and even dispute claims if you think they’re being unfair towards a MU you think doesn’t deserve the hate?

Remember the reason why I ******* despise connection debunks because it’s one of the most blatant examples of how people will piggyback off of a single well known individual’s opinion and spread more vitriol and in many cases blatant lies for no other reason than because they want to stay in the cool kid’s club even if they would’ve liked the MU had they not been afraid to have any semblance of independence?
idk man Frieza vs Megatron is still mediocre at best.

So is most of Zamasu Mu and yet you don't see me bitchin 🤷‍♂️
And no it isn't
Frieza vs Megatron is great MU
Connections are meh and require compositing Megatron to work. Size difference means the animation potential's shit. Frieza's overwhelming power and speed edge makes it totally undebatable. There are no redeeming qualities.

To even compare that shit to Zamasu's matchups is a mockery.

I think I'm gonna trust the transformers fan on what a good Transformers matchup is over you, NGL.

Have you considered that they don't all secretly love the matchup and just unironically agree with Nemesis?

Connections are meh and require compositing Megatron to work. Size difference means the animation potential's shit. Frieza's overwhelming power and speed edge makes it totally undebatable. There are no redeeming qualities.

To even compare that shit to Zamasu's matchups is a mockery.

I think I'm gonna trust the transformers fan on what a good Transformers matchup is over you, NGL.
Connections aren't the end to be all a good chunk of DB had connections that are about as deep as a ******* puddle for **** sakes our season finale had connections that was just overpowered bald dudes

Animation Potential is tricky but it's not impossible to make due size difference means shit cause it ain't the first time they dealt with the size issue

A fights potential is always boils to how creative you get with it and the execution you deliver to say it doesn't exist screams of lack of imagination

and yes I can most of zamasu my outside gorr be lame and boring and nothing special to write home about it

And I don't give a shit what Nemesis has to say he's not god nor immune from being wrong

I think it is better. Cirno and Jack Frost are low tier characters but they have somewhat touched high tier stuff.
It's low tier but the higher parts of the matchup depend on much higher level SMT and Touhou stuff that would be a strange way to introduce the series. You'd want to start with either a main character or a mid level one as a good introductory to the franchise. Starting the the low tiers with strange high tier additions would just be a weird way to introduce anything.

I'm not treating him as either. But he almost certainly knows more about Transformers than you.

Fans of a series are always gonna make better matchups for that series, because they know it better.
And they can come up with ones that are ******* ass as well
So once again he's not immune from being ******* wrong
Shit Nemesis ******* suggest some different version of Starscream vs Shang Stsung and the animation potential for that is lol

Shit even some of the MU he suggests for other characters outside of TF are ass

And they can come up with ones that are ******* ass as well
So once again he's not immune from being ******* wrong
Shit Nemesis ******* suggest some different version of Starscream vs Shang Stsung and the animation potential for that is lol
So Shang Tsung vs Starscream's size difference makes it's animation potential shit, but Megatron vs Frieza's can be worked around? Nice double standards.

He may not be immune to being wrong, but you sure as hell aren't either. And in this case, I think he's much more knowledgeable on the subject than you are.

So Shang Tsung vs Starscream's size difference makes it's animation potential shit, but Megatron vs Frieza's can be worked around? Nice double standards.
Way to miss the point there genius

I mentioned that MU because you wanted to mentioned how him being a TF fans grants him better knowledge on what MU works despite the fact he came up with one that's even worse and has more issues than what Frieza vs Megatron got

He may not be immune to being wrong, but you sure as hell aren't either.
Yeah and?
DB done that numerous times with MU I didn't think it was going to be something to write home about

I mentioned that MU because you wanted to mentioned how him being a TF fans grants him better knowledge on what MU works despite the fact he came up with one that's even worse and has more issues than what Frieza vs Megatron got
A: That MU was made for a video that was full of filler matchups out of necessity. It wasn't Nemesis making the best matchups possible, it was Nemesis making matchups with very limited options.

B: Honest to god, Starscream vs Shang Tsung is better than Frieza vs Megatron. It has better connections, is more debatable, brings back a character who desperately needs a runback (Using a version of the character that can actually be treated with any amount of respect and not as a joke). And I can't think of anything actively worse about Starscream vs Shang Tsung than Frieza vs Megatron.

Shit I mentioned FriezaTron issues in previous threads
It's not something I'm pretending it's immune from being shitty it's all about how mindset
: That MU was made for a video that was full of filler matchups out of necessity. It wasn't Nemesis making the best matchups possible, it was Nemesis making matchups with very limited options
And it was still ass regardless

Honest to god, Starscream vs Shang Tsung is better than Frieza vs Megatron. It has better connections, is more debatable, brings back a character who desperately needs a runback. And I can't think of anything actively worse about Starscream vs Shang Tsung than Frieza vs Megatron.
No it isn't and the fact you actually said that shows ur wrong

Outside decent connections it's not even remotely debatable unless you go balls deep in either characters lore and feats which is pretty much a one sided stomp in either direction
Shit Frieza vs Megatron is more debatable than shit and it's all more on whether you view IDW Megatron feats

Freiza vs Megatron is more ******* worth an episode given two iconic characters from both well known franchises In fiction than running back a ****** not many give that much of shit of coming back especially in comparison to many others characters

A: That MU was made for a video that was full of filler matchups out of necessity. It wasn't Nemesis making the best matchups possible, it was Nemesis making matchups with very limited options.

B: Honest to god, Starscream vs Shang Tsung is better than Frieza vs Megatron. It has better connections, is more debatable, brings back a character who desperately needs a runback (Using a version of the character that can actually be treated with any amount of respect and not as a joke). And I can't think of anything actively worse about Starscream vs Shang Tsung than Frieza vs Megatron.
Maybe the fact that Freeza and Megatron are hype, and Starscream and Shang Tsung (unless you get the movie actor to play him) are not?

Outside decent connections it's not even remotely debatable unless you go balls deep in either characters lore and feats which is pretty much a one sided stomp in either direction
The difference is, nobody knows who stomps between the two, which means it's still debatable, the debate is just who stomps.
Shit Frieza vs Megatron is more debatable than shit and it's all more on whether you view IDW Megatron feats
IDW Megatron feats that have been firmly bunked, with a speed tier that still leaves him blitzed to hell and back.
Freiza vs Megatron is more ******* worth an episode given two iconic characters from both well known franchises In fiction than running back a ****** not many give that much of shit of coming back especially in comparison to many others characters
Oh, so two characters both being iconic is grounds enough for a matchup. Alrighty then, I guess we should do Robocop vs Sonic the Hedgehog then. It'd have similar levels of connections and debateability to Megatron vs Frieza.

Frieza and Megatron are individually long overdue for a matchup, but they shouldn't fight each other just because of that. Anyways, Nemesis himself still wants Frieza to fight a Megatron, just not the G1 Megatron. Rather, the Megatron from the Unicron Trilogy, a matchup that treats Megatron as an actual character and not as a brand.

I personally prefer Pyron from Darkstalkers for Frieza (Though I've heard specifically Apex Predator Lex is actually a decently thematic matchup for him, albeit Lex really dosn't need to come back any time soon, and Frieza also allegedly has a pretty good matchup against a Touhou Girl).

As for specifically G1 Megatron, I've heard Char from Gundam is thematic for him, and I've heard that Ridley and Sinestro are also good matchups for him in the event Vile and/or Terumi fight one of their alts instead.

I personally prefer Pyron from Darkstalkers for Frieza (Though I've heard specifically Apex Predator Lex is actually a decently thematic matchup for him, albeit Lex really dosn't need to come back any time soon, and Frieza also allegedly has a pretty good matchup against a Touhou Girl).
Any idea which Touhou girl that is? I haven't heard of one with a Frieza MU yet.

Hey, sorry for asking about dumb matchups, but is Bullet vs Akihiko a good matchup?
I seen it tossed around so it ain't bad
The difference is, nobody knows who stomps between the two, which means it's still debatable, the debate is just who stomps
A stomps a stomps no ifs or ands on it
There's a far difference between this could go either way but it's close than it's a stomp depending if you buy x bring that strong or not
It's not really interesting of a debate
Frieza and Megatron are individually long overdue for a matchup, but they shouldn't fight each other just because of that. Anyways, Nemesis himself still wants Frieza to fight a Megatron, just not the G1 Megatron. Rather, the Megatron from the Unicron Trilogy, a matchup that treats Megatron as an actual character and not as a brand.
Uh yes they should
None of there alts are good enough to say no to it and frankly both characters most popular MU and given how well both series do Views especially Dragon Ball it be foolish not to do it

And no one cares about Unicron MegaTron sorry to break it to you but nobody cares that version doesn't have clout in comparison to other Versions of the main characters

personally prefer Pyron from Darkstalkers for Frieza (Though I've heard specifically Apex Predator Lex is actually a decently thematic matchup for him, albeit Lex really dosn't need to come back any time soon, and Frieza also allegedly has a pretty good matchup against a Touhou Girl).
We dont need any more DC vs DB let a boring as **** one like Lex vs Frieza

Pyron ain't bad but let's be real no One cares about Pyron he's mad irrelevant

A Touhou girl who's a literal ******* who even among the series

And no one cares about Unicron MegaTron sorry to break it to you but nobody cares that version doesn't have clout in comparison to other Versions of the main characters
These people used Guts and Lucy.

Frieza alone would carry the view count hard, and most casuals wouldn't give a piss what version of Megatron it was. Might as well do the actually good matchup.

A Touhou girl who's a literal ******* who even among the series
I wouldn't say Seija's a literal who, moreso just a more recent character. She was the main antagonist of a mainline entry, had her entire own spinoff game focused on her, and has made several consistent cameo appearances in other games and manga since, definitely not a literally who. Last I checked she's actually one of the most popular Post-Touhou 11 characters.

I wouldn't say Seija's a literal who, moreso just a more recent character. She was the main antagonist of a mainline entry, had her entire own spinoff game focused, and has made several consistent cameo appearances in other games and manga since, definitely not a literally who. Last I checked she's actually one of the most popular Post-Touhou 11 characters.
In comparison to the more famous ones within the Vs/DB community
Sakuya, Reimu,Cirno etc the ones you see fans want to appear on the show

These people used Guts and Lucy.
And who the **** did Lucy fight exactly?
Not a literal who

Guts was back in S2 when most DB episodes would net bigger views than now and Berserk had an anime and three movies done by that time

remember Bucky o hare
a character who only got on because he happened to be apart of Ben and Chad childhood
And who he fought exactly?

Frieza alone would carry the view count hard, and most casuals wouldn't give a piss what version of Megatron it was. Might as well do the actually good matchup.
They used Optimus prime instead using some bumfuck alternative version of him and they went with compositing him

So Death Battle ain't going to use some bumfuck version of the character over using the main incarceration of ones most familiar with

So let me tap the sign here
image0-20_1.png

AH YES.

FRIEZA.

A LITERAL WHO.
Yes literally let's waste Freiza on a literal who hasn't been relevant in ******* years
As opposed to to his most popular MU

In comparison to the more famous ones within the Vs/DB community
Sakuya, Reimu,Cirno etc the ones you see fans want to appear on the show
I guess it's fair. If Touhou was more popular as a series I could see her getting pulled, though once they go through the big 5 (Reimu, Sakuya, Marisa, Cirno, Yukari/Flandre), I could see her getting pulled alongside ones like Youmu, Sanae, Kasen or Yuuma.

So let me tap the sign here
image0-20_1.png

Yes literally let's waste Freiza on a literal who hasn't been relevant in ******* years
As opposed to to his most popular MU
for ****'s sake, people do not give a single **** in the universe what megatron it is. If they see "Megatron", they will not care which one it is. Casuals don't even know what the **** "G1" is.

Also, you were trying to justify Frieza vs Megatron as a good matchup earlier, but now all you can say is that it will happen because DB is a business. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Of the current characters who have returned in DB, do you think some were not justified to return?

Thinking on how Carnage fought a "nobody" Lucy while Alex Mercer would have been an ok option. Yes, we know Cole vs Alex is bigger fish, but is Alex not worthy of being 2 timer? While understandable "business"-wise, it does make a point that some characters might get wasted with bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back