• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some matchup art I made
qyqCXxQy_lMgUsPLgm579Ip3kt_61X8jDnNYO8wsGAEYSDvvD09fkg41DgmtYseCPAb27rwo2bbnzcYL51og28owgYNbgd17iaZl3Mfp-5ozIfFgKkZel0tY42hHGpiF2qDos7dR

Wiz vs Matpat (Deathbattle vs Game Theory)
fcmKQL6_I2hiz6hQcMTxxiE1gH1tEwmjZveX-0io_gM1pOQacbeSuMbwYxR969Se3R9LkkyiblngaONJIGsrEawiNtNlqV2Wttd8j00BhZPv-e5LzdLLAUvRSL8jmjea2oegO00r

Dr. Clef vs Dean Winchester (SCP vs Supernatural)
pQeIDe0cqvVma7rBgIy_DpYoZ4VT8JVu2nCKCXEdTCAp7BRsKrEbeWvus4oRDU7GBvtC5oHZiM1__lj4ICby8VNPbeP5FI-PaQWXCFPLpOcWV-jMjbWL0uFrLJczTWtAb9_LJzW0

Dr. Kondraki vs Taylor Hebert (SCP vs Parahumans)
QNsI4WtymiTcqgwM6glTBmpWqNLV0XmB7rUnlhksFcLEvlhgd__xrMjMifyn1_7Ixxji2Jp9IqQp5jCjzUgYtCe8fq49PTQNLcfeBFaZze6xsIvanW9L0vzxOUgBKbdjOH9ZwJ4I

Dr. Bright vs Michael Afton (SCP vs Five Nights At Freddy's)

The only ones I think have an above zero chance of happening are the middle two, the other two were just some fun ideas

FINALLY i think i've found a Sakuya MU that doesn't suck ass.
pocket_watch_out_of_box.png

Axl Low vs Sakuya Izayoi (Guilty Gear vs Touhou)
Connections:
Both are blue clad characters from videogames. Both were initially random people, but got send to the world in which their game series happens (Axl accidentally got into future where Guilty Gear happens via time slipping into it and Sakuya got into Gensokyo for unknown reason). Their past is covered in mystery. However, what is known about their past is that they fought alot (Axl was a gang leader, so he fought numerous times against other gang factions and Sakuya was a vampire hunter, so she fought vampires and other creatures, like demons). After entering into new worlds, both had received new names which they go by now ("Axl Low" is a new name he gave himself and Sakuya's name was given to her by Remilia). Both work with some of the most well known villains in their series (I-No and Remilia) and both are very loyal to them. Both use bladed weapons in combat (Axl uses Kusarigama and Sakuya uses her knives). Both have abilities of existence erasure (Axl can erase timelines via his existence and Sakuya can erase anything via erasing it's time). Both can stop time and manipulate time and space in general. Both also have a clock motive going on with them (When Axl uses his time stop in game, the background turns grey and the white outline of the clock in background is seen and Sakuya stops time via her clock).
Finally, a Sakuya MU I actually like.

Though I think it's a bit funny how Sakuya vs Homura was popular for a while and now they both have Guilty Gear characters as better alternatives :v

Connections:
Both are blue clad characters from videogames. Both were initially random people, but got send to the world in which their game series happens (Axl accidentally got into future where Guilty Gear happens via time slipping into it and Sakuya got into Gensokyo for unknown reason). Their past is covered in mystery. However, what is known about their past is that they fought alot (Axl was a gang leader, so he fought numerous times against other gang factions and Sakuya was a vampire hunter, so she fought vampires and other creatures, like demons). After entering into new worlds, both had received new names which they go by now ("Axl Low" is a new name he gave himself and Sakuya's name was given to her by Remilia). Both work with some of the most well known villains in their series (I-No and Remilia) and both are very loyal to them. Both use bladed weapons in combat (Axl uses Kusarigama and Sakuya uses her knives). Both have abilities of existence erasure (Axl can erase timelines via his existence and Sakuya can erase anything via erasing it's time). Both can stop time and manipulate time and space in general. Both also have a clock motive going on with them (When Axl uses his time stop in game, the background turns grey and the white outline of the clock in background is seen and Sakuya stops time via her clock).
Polish_20220117_170826860.jpg

Look neat, but I don’t know who some these characters are, can you explain?

Idk if I'm actually supposed to explain DBXs knowing that they're on the sub-format because they won't become 'actual' episodes, but sure:

1) Vandham (XC2) vs Jeralt (FE3H):

Minor 'tutor' characters to the main protagonist who end up dying to wounds from antagonists in minor forms. Both were also freelance mercs.

2) Chudelkin (SAO) vs Exellus (FEA):

Minor 'clown' antagonists who are the right-hand men of the major villain of a given arc. Both also have female connotations despite being men.

On another note:

3_Adam_Origo_vs_Claude_von_Regan.png

Addam Origo (XC2: Torna the Golden Country) vs Claude von Reigan (FE3H):

• Both are the 'cheeky' lords of aspiring nations and sovereign lands (Torna and the Lester Alliance respectively).
  • Both are loosely chosen wielders of legendary weapons (Addam obviously being knighted by Mythra herself, but could also be seen as having Minoth (a Flesh Eater) as a permission slip from Indol given their monopoly on Core Crystals. Not too dissimilarly does Claude wield Failnaught, a Heroes Relic, which are safest in the hands of crest barers TO WIT Claude looks to close the class discrepancy between Nobles and Commoners and create something resembling a meritocratic society).
  • Depending on the timeline, both could also be seen as retreated from society. Addam locked Pyra away on a ship and was documented to have never been seen past that point, whereas all bar the Golden Deers path has Claude leg it in some way (Azure Moon? Hands Dmitri Failnaught before resigning as Alliance leader. Silver Snow? "MIA" apparently. Crimson Flower? You have the opportunity to spare or kill him, and he states he'd 'repay a debt to the empire' if you did the former, so...)
  • Both are 6-C (ish).

in terms of Old-Era DB S2 is easily the shows best of that era

that definitely helped alot of episode's
its a shame the shows current schedule doesn't allow that type thing these days
i wish Torrian was still on the show His 3d fight were on another level
I miss that level of soul. Wolverine vs Raiden, Dante vs Bayonetta, Snake vs Fisher, Ratchet & Clank vs Jak & Daxter, Ryu vs Jin, all of Torrian's fights are all high among my favorites in the show's history, very few fights since have even come close.
I remember Ben or Chad saying something along the lines of "if you want longer fights or better animation, drop us $500k" in one of their commentaries. I miss the "FIGHT!" graphic at the beginning of fights the most, episodes always felt off ever since they abandoned them after Season 5. Goku VS Superman couldn't have happened in its current state with modern DB.

Speaking of Old VS New Death Battle, if given a choice by a genie to retroactively alter all the Death BATTLE episodes up to Saitama VS Popeye, would you rather 1) have all of them have the battle animation and storytelling of Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher/Goku VS Superman but the research/analysis quality of a S1 episode or 2) wish all the episodes have the indisputable in-depth research and analysis (by normie standards) of DIO vs Alucard and the genius humor of Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro but with the animation of a S1 episode?

Speaking of Old VS New Death Battle, if given a choice by a genie to retroactively alter all the Death BATTLE episodes up to Saitama VS Popeye, would you rather 1) have all of them have the battle animation and storytelling of Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher/Goku VS Superman but the research/analysis quality of a S1 episode or 2) wish all the episodes have the indisputable in-depth research (by normie standards) research/analysis of DIO vs Alucard and the genius humor of Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro but with the animation of a S1 episode?
Probably the former cause most of the time I skip the analysis and go straight to the fights

Research and Analysis always been kinda 50/50 deal in DB but at least I can enjoy a high quality fight

How likely is Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona) to get on Death Battle? Looking at the two big SMT matchups, Spawn/Demi-Fiend and John/Raidou, I could see it going either way.
I think it has a pretty good shot nowadays, the two MUs you named are pretty big ones and great SMT introductions, as well as very high tiered fights that could generate hype & have a good fight.

But I slightly doubt durability negation pressure point attack would be that effective if the power difference is massive enough. But it again depends on if the crew does buy the Amitabha "stated to be 6x10^125 yojana tall, which would make Amitabha larger than the observable universe by an unfathomably massive margin, to the point of dwarfing it orders of magnitude greater than the observable universe dwarfs a Planck length" thing.
Huge Touhou supporter here but, I don't think Sakuya has any way to scale to that. She does have plenty of other 3A-L2C things to scale too tho

Connections:
Wait wtf this isn't that bad connections wise at least. I'm not sure how GG stacks up to Touhou stats wise but this could be pretty damn cool.

Also BRITISH???????

I remember Ben or Chad saying something along the lines of "if you want longer fights or better animation, drop us $500k" in one of their commentaries. I miss the "FIGHT!" graphic at the beginning of fights the most, episodes always felt off ever since they abandoned them after Season 5. Goku VS Superman couldn't have happened in its current state with modern DB.

Speaking of Old VS New Death Battle, if given a choice by a genie to retroactively alter all the Death BATTLE episodes up to Saitama VS Popeye, would you rather 1) have all of them have the battle animation and storytelling of Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher/Goku VS Superman but the research/analysis quality of a S1 episode or 2) wish all the episodes have the indisputable in-depth research and analysis (by normie standards) of DIO vs Alucard and the genius humor of Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro but with the animation of a S1 episode?
I'd easily choose the first. I almost never watch the analysis on re-watch because I just find the writing and jokes annoying as hell a lot of the time, not many analysis segments can I safely say I like. The fights though, are what I always go back to, and having any on the scale of Snake v Sam/Goku v Supes would be fantastic. Plus DB analysis as a whole is a 50/50 on even being all that accurate or good in the first place.

Anyways from what i heard from Biff Weed and the server I'm in the crew last year lost two 3D animators last year that were associated with in house
That would explain why we only got one 3D in house animation, then, and so many fights were given to the SFM/Blender Team, even martial arts based MUs they're known to be terrible with (Akuma vs Khan).

Sucks they're bleeding animators like this, it's a little concerning honestly, with how poorly RoosterTeeth as a company has been doing, and the occasional worrisome signs from DB like bleeding staff, I'm a little worried about the future of the show now.

That would explain why we only got one 3D in house animation, then, and so many fights were given to the SFM/Blender Team, even martial arts based MUs they're known to be terrible with (Akuma vs Khan).

Sucks they're bleeding animators like this, it's a little concerning honestly, with how poorly RoosterTeeth as a company has been doing, and the occasional worrisome signs from DB like bleeding staff, I'm a little worried about the future of the show now.
The 3D fights are more a concern considering Yoda vs Mickey and Link vs Cloud 2 were good at least yet Blakasa and AkumaKahn we're less than stellar and felt unfinished and rushed when you look at it

Connections:
Ok wait I looked into Axl a bit more and yeah, this is a pretty cool MU actually!!!

Axl actually has a pretty huge AP gap through haxx, Low Complex Multiversal, so he has the full means to put Sakuya down, as she's only Low Multiversal, but Axl only has Planet Level durability and is Relativistic+ in speed, which, even without Infinite speed for Sakuya, she'd still massively outspeed and would massively overpower his base durability, and can even bypass it with Existence Erasure.

I'd still hinge my bets on Sakuya winning from outspeeding & EE before he can utilize his L1C haxx, but Axl definitely has wincons.

The 3D fights are more a concern considering Yoda vs Mickey and Link vs Cloud 2 were good at least yet Blakasa and AkumaKahn we're less than stellar and felt unfinished and rushed when you look at it
Yeah definitely, I've been really disappointed by 3D fight output post Torrian leaving, I personally thought AkumaKahn was straight up terrible and Blakasa just wasn't good, and I personally don't care for Yoda vs Mickey, but it's admittedly well animated.

Yeah definitely, I've been really disappointed by 3D fight output post Torrian leaving, I personally thought AkumaKahn was straight up terrible and Blakasa just wasn't good, and I personally don't care for Yoda vs Mickey, but it's admittedly well animated.
Death Battle just be carrying the shit outta RT
imagine Death Battle being under a competent Company
we're getting new writers and directors this season I hope we get new Animators as well
lessen the workload help the team out

Well good animators are well paid and Rooster Teeth does not have a bank balance big enough. Moreover it is the wish of Torrian making Hollywood grade animations. And when Gen:LOCK comes out... It receives not very good or very big responses.

How likely is Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona) to get on Death Battle? Looking at the two big SMT matchups, Spawn/Demi-Fiend and John/Raidou, I could see it going either way.
Someone calls for Cirno vs Jack Frost.
Technically Aleph vs KOS-MOS exists.
Oh any matchup against YHVH or even Stephen.

Death Battle just be carrying the shit outta RT
imagine Death Battle being under a competent Company
we're getting new writers and directors this season I hope we get new Animators as well
lessen the workload help the team out
Then be praying that really work out.

Remember: Death Battle Season 9 premieres in March 2022. 16 episodes is just as rushed a schedule as Season 8 and 20 episodes means a squeezed DBX or no DBX at all.

Nice. Weird considering how Brandon Yates receives a higher premium (or is it) for "more personal" picks.

(How much does TEHGM charge for their music works?)

Last edited:
Most wanted deathbattle characters but i can't think of a match and they probably won't get one anyway
full metal alchemist homunculi/Scar/armstrong
Armstrong from Metal gear/sam
captains from bleach/grimmjow/Ulquirroa
Previous Hokage mainly minato/tobirama
The guy from parasyte
Shuma gorath
Asagi igawa
Grim from billy and mandy
finn the human
the power puff girls or thier villains like mojojojo
Xemnas/ansem
The other digidestined/tamers that aren't tai