• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably still consider S2 to be the best DB season but if there's one thing I really miss about older seasons, it's being allowed to have longer episodes.

I guess the quality is more consistent overall in S8 at least.
Torrian era DB was just so much more ambitious with its fights, like Snake vs Fisher is still my favorite episode

Torrian era DB was just so much more ambitious with its fights, like Snake vs Fisher is still my favorite episode
I miss that level of soul. Wolverine vs Raiden, Dante vs Bayonetta, Snake vs Fisher, Ratchet & Clank vs Jak & Daxter, Ryu vs Jin, all of Torrian's fights are all high among my favorites in the show's history, very few fights since have even come close.

I probably still consider S2 to be the best DB season but if there's one thing I really miss about older seasons, it's being allowed to have longer episodes.

I guess the quality is more consistent overall in S8 at least.
in terms of Old-Era DB S2 is easily the shows best of that era
it's being allowed to have longer episodes.
that definitely helped alot of episode's
its a shame the shows current schedule doesn't allow that type thing these days
i wish Torrian was still on the show His 3d fight were on another level

in terms of Old-Era DB S2 is easily the shows best of that era

that definitely helped alot of episode's
its a shame the shows current schedule doesn't allow that type thing these days
i wish Torrian was still on the show His 3d fight were on another level
Yeah, it sucks, because I think it's ultimately hurting a lot of episodes / MUs in the end, fights like Archie Sonic v Wally West definitely hurt a lot due to not having longer episode lengths for instance.

Also yeah, basically every one of my favorite episodes on the show I can point to Torrian being a major part of why. His choreography and inventive usage of character abilities helped make almost every episode he was on excel.

People on the subreddits are crazy over springtrap, and he apparentely has a mountain lebel durability feat, what is it?
Spits out water
Dafuq? I’ve nerver heard of a feat like that. Also unless they use some composite of Springtrap like his stuff from Special Delivery I kinda doubt he’d have any interesting matches fight wise.

Season 9 is gonna have episode with character who isn't usually associated with vs debates. So who? My quesses:
Lelouch vs Light
Neo vs Lain
Monika MU
We should carefully check every profile in VS Battles Wiki and takes care of the profiles before Death Battle takes care of them. Theater characters such as Hamlet? Puppet characters such as Kermit the Frog? Rick Roll? Someone who's gonna take us to the past?:sneaky:

Lelouch vs Light
You can't really do this justice outside of like a dodichi or fan fic, the amount of time death battle gives to a normal fight wouldn't really allow it to work.
Neo vs Lain
Not really familiar with Lain so I got nothing.
Monika MU
I guess maybe have Wiz or Boomstick get their computer infected by Monika and some other virus and they're prolog to the fight is them reading the system report for both enties.

Lain isn't really a fighter tho, how would it work?
Which is why she is usually pit against other "non fighting" reality warping girls. Like Haruhi Suzumiya. Or Madotsuki.

He's more than likely facing Sakuya, and if she's given slower speed than him, which is highly likely given I'm pretty certain they ain't buying the infinite speed crap, then she gets organ crushed, lol.
I am honestly neutral on that one. In fact I am fine with Hit vs Cygnus Hyouga or Sakuya Izayoi.

But I slightly doubt durability negation pressure point attack would be that effective if the power difference is massive enough. But it again depends on if the crew does buy the Amitabha "stated to be 6x10^125 yojana tall, which would make Amitabha larger than the observable universe by an unfathomably massive margin, to the point of dwarfing it orders of magnitude greater than the observable universe dwarfs a Planck length" thing.

While the sponsor does have some specific taste, ... can Diavolo even doughnut through Kurumi Tokisaki "without applying Liam's Wank"?

While the sponsor does have some specific taste, ... can Diavolo even doughnut through Kurumi Tokisaki "without applying Liam's Wank"?

King Crimson needs to have bigger AP against her durability to even be able to do dmg, it comes down to liam believing King Crimson is around Dio/The World stats physically and where they rate Kurumi, let alone DAL characters overall

Even if he can punch through her like with Bruno, Kurumi either will have:

-a clone take the hit for her instead, as she frequently had them take fatal wounds for her

-rewind time to basically heal herself if not too late

-choose to change mind and all with a clone if worst comes

She can avoid death situation

Which is why she is usually pit against other "non fighting" reality warping girls. Like Haruhi Suzumiya. Or Madotsuki.

I am honestly neutral on that one. In fact I am fine with Hit vs Cygnus Hyouga or Sakuya Izayoi.

But I slightly doubt durability negation pressure point attack would be that effective if the power difference is massive enough. But it again depends on if the crew does buy the Amitabha "stated to be 6x10^125 yojana tall, which would make Amitabha larger than the observable universe by an unfathomably massive margin, to the point of dwarfing it orders of magnitude greater than the observable universe dwarfs a Planck length" thing.

You do realize Hit can send an invisible shockwave attack which phases through solid objects to crush the organs, right? His pressure point attacks aren't exactly the same as it.

How likely is Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona) to get on Death Battle? Looking at the two big SMT matchups, Spawn/Demi-Fiend and John/Raidou, I could see it going either way.
Honestly John vs Raidou seems far more likely given it doesn't have an alternatives that could **** it while Spawn has Ghost Rider looming around
So fair shot

FINALLY i think i've found a Sakuya MU that doesn't suck ass.
pocket_watch_out_of_box.png

Axl Low vs Sakuya Izayoi (Guilty Gear vs Touhou)
Connections:
Both are blue clad characters from videogames. Both were initially random people, but got send to the world in which their game series happens (Axl accidentally got into future where Guilty Gear happens via time slipping into it and Sakuya got into Gensokyo for unknown reason). Their past is covered in mystery. However, what is known about their past is that they fought alot (Axl was a gang leader, so he fought numerous times against other gang factions and Sakuya was a vampire hunter, so she fought vampires and other creatures, like demons). After entering into new worlds, both had received new names which they go by now ("Axl Low" is a new name he gave himself and Sakuya's name was given to her by Remilia). Both work with some of the most well known villains in their series (I-No and Remilia) and both are very loyal to them. Both use bladed weapons in combat (Axl uses Kusarigama and Sakuya uses her knives). Both have abilities of existence erasure (Axl can erase timelines via his existence and Sakuya can erase anything via erasing it's time). Both can stop time and manipulate time and space in general. Both also have a clock motive going on with them (When Axl uses his time stop in game, the background turns grey and the white outline of the clock in background is seen and Sakuya stops time via her clock).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back