• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Barry Allen vs One of the god nazis from the verse with the dude that throws his spear exists. So, I think we've found another fight that a Flash loses.

However, having read the backstory of the latter, no. **** no. Hell the **** no. I don't care if it's the most thematic thing to every exist; **** that matchup, **** Dies Irae, **** Takashi Masada, **** the person who suggested that on r/deathbattlematchups for making me research the other guy, **** this wiki for having that description for me to read, **** the Dies Irae supporters that put it there, **** stupid-ass nazis and their stupid-ass spears becoming stupid-ass memes, **** the nazis in general; and on an unrelated note; **** Eobard Thawne a.k.a. Reverse-Flash.

I can add that to the list of reasons I need some god damn therapy.

So apparently Barry Allen vs One of the god nazis from the verse with the dude that throws his spear exists. So, I think we've found another fight that a Flash loses.

However, having read the backstory of the latter, no. **** no. Hell the **** no. I don't care if it's the most thematic thing to every exist; **** that matchup, **** Dies Irae, **** Takashi Masada, **** the person who suggested that on r/deathbattlematchups for making me research the other guy, **** this wiki for having that description for me to read, **** the Dies Irae supporters that put it there, **** stupid-ass nazis and their stupid-ass spears becoming stupid-ass memes, **** the nazis in general; and on an unrelated note; **** Eobard Thawne a.k.a. Reverse-Flash.

Reverse flash is a goon I like him

That is kinda too much for me to read, too many words

Which means Homura Akemi vs anyone other than Hunter Zolomon would be way stompier.
Unless the movie is going to explain eh PMMM is never 5-D or even high multiversal.

To be frank, Homura Akemi vs Hunter Zolomon is already the MU with reasonable close connections while their power level differences are the most debatable. It also frees a lot of MU options.

So how good is Hit vs Cygnus Hyouga or Equuleus Subaru / Saturn?
You purposely ignore what you were told....nobody wants that stupid match and you had a season of stomps last year and others well before it, many of then were still appreciated and considered of quality

RF already had a fight, against his most popular, homura has far better then him and one of them is kurumi

Maybe it just might be DB's past "sins". People are still upset about old stuff like Gaara vs Toph and even Pokemon vs Digimon. Since DB is so old now, its infamous in a way. Although a bad S2 ep is a very different beast from bad modern ep, casuals might not realize this.
Coming back to this comment a week later because I was on a vacation, but this is definitely a big deal. They had lots of controversial and honestly super questionable outcomes from Seasons 1-4 that can very negatively paint the perception of a casual, especially if it's for a bigger franchise. I remember a lot of people being incredibly pressed over fights such as Nate vs Laura (even if that one's probably accurate), Hulk vs Doomsday, Kirby vs Buu had a crazy amount of negative pushback in its time (despite also being obvious lol), god forbid I mention stuff like Yang vs Tifa or Gaara vs Toph.

I personally stopped watching the show around Season 4 because I found the quality of the show to be hurting extremely bad, and I wasn't happy with how franchises I really cared about just weren't being treated well imo (Sonic is my favorite series of all time, and I struggle to think of a single Sonic episode I genuinely like besides Shadow vs Ryuko, and I generally think most of the Sonic episodes are mediocre to outright terrible. When I was younger and much less understanding than I am nowadays, that shit REALLY pressed me and was another reason I ended up stepping away from the show too).

A show like this, especially one that often claims to be the end all be all for this type of content, having so many blunders so early on and in your middle era was pretty detrimental down the line. Obviously not everyone can come out swinging out the gates, but they've made some baaaaaaad blunders in their day.

I'm personally not against Trunks vs Silver, but if it happens i hope they will treat Silver well, because he is very hated by Ben Singer
If this episode will be just "Haha Silver bad" the episode will suck, that's the only aspect in which i understand why people dislike this MU (Tho Sasuke was treated quite well in Sasuke vs Hiei, despite the fact that Ben hates him alot too, so idk)
yeah, this is one of the main reasons I absolutely do not ******* want this episode lol. It's already redundant as hell, we know DB stats Dragonball characters well above Sonic characters, and it's well known someone major on the show absolutely despites Silver, and they expressed that very openly right before Shadow vs Mewtwo, which what do you know, ended up being spite episode and one of the worst ******* episodes on the show. I see this doomed to be a spite episode. There would be absolutely nothing they could do to make the fight interesting, we all know how they'll have it end (and you KNOW it'll be jammed full of annoying ******* "ITS NO USE" repeats since they couldn't get enough of spamming "OH NO" throughout all of Knuckles' episode).

I have 0 faith it'd come out as anything good, at best it'd be a waste of time filler episode, at worst it'll be Shadow vs Mewtwo for a second time. If the episode actually ends up being amazing I'll shit bricks, and if by some unknown to god method Silver wins I'll be genuinely amazed.

Real question is what's everyone's least favorite match that has a chance of happening
Arceus vs Amaterasu, I really really do not like this matchup, at all. I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not very fond of Kiryu vs Baki and that's a possibility as one of Kiryu's MUs (I like both characters, just don't like them against each other), Silver vs Trunks I only hate within the confines of Death Battle handling it, I'd probably be less pressed if any other Versus Show had it handled. I'm not even a fan of DB but Piccolo vs MMH is an easy spoonfed DC win and just a mean boring ass MU in general, don't do it. Any Jojo matchups is also immediately on my shitlist because of my personal intense distaste for that series. The rest of the MUs I really intensely dislike I don't see happening? Stuff like Yukari vs Hoopa, Reimu vs Madoka, Bowser vs Godzilla etc etc are terrible but would never happen, hopefully.

Last edited:
What are some character who just wouldn't work in a death battle? I'd probably say Isacc from Binding of Isaac is one.
I can't see Steve vs Terrarian working out because Steve just seems terrible to use in DB. Most FNAF characters would probably be a bitch to use, Madeline from Celeste would just be terrible for DB, sure she has a few combat applicable things, but it just feels antithetical to her.

They're not strictly terrible to use in DB, and this is a very controversial opinion, but I ******* hate using Pokemon in Versus Debates overall. The MUs are almost always boring as hell to me, there's typically very little in terms of dialogue and banter potential, and Pokemon are just characters with a handful of available moves, weird vague lore with feats we almost never see, and a tragic sense of inconsistency and shit that doesn't even make sense within its world (ah yes, the snail that is millions of times hotter than the sun, or the underwater jellyfish so bright it would generate a universe's level of power under the sea, perfect). From someone who grew up with it, I cannot stand Pokemon in Versus. It also doesn't help that I just don't like many of the fights the series has had on the show outside of like, Pokemon vs Digimon really.

camih15ac3d81.jpg
Based and cracked MU

Pokémon matchups are hard to be fun
Well very much depends on what matchups are given against and what characters we are discussing with.
We have had several matchups where a Pokémon or Pokémon character is fighting against non-Digimon characters. They have flaws like quite some episodes Death Battle have, but not quite the fault it comes from the side of Pokémon. Okay we know that Goro vs Machamp is so stompy many actually enjoy it to be a spite.

Pokemon also suffers like DBZ in MUs. Just like it, Pokemon has relatively few matches despite it being a massive franchise.
Yeah. Each generation pumps up hundreds of new characters, and the franchise is actually big enough even normies know a few of them and some few normies (not dedicated fans) know quite a lot of them.

Henry Cooldown vs Satsuki Kiryuin
Based and cracked MU
Good close connections with some contrasts... Well screw it if this adds another loss record to Kill la Kill I am in for this matchup. It is not like this is the only stompy matchup Satsuki has.

Real question is what's everyone's least favorite match that has a chance of happening
A big list from me... but... Basically most matchups that are so stompy/spiteful to the point of no research value and "common sense" and with no direct close connections which are somehow ridiculously popular will add into my list. Allowance may be provided for high tier characters - that power gaps or hax wall gaps between high tier characters and characters at a lower tier are meant to be massive.

Allowance may also be provided if I have my own spite and exactly wanted a character to die horribly or just have a good fight then die.

Kiryu vs Baki
Which Kiryu vs which Baki? I see Tokita Ohma vs Baki Hanma as the most requested matchup for Baki Hanma while Wei Shen and Ryo Hazuki are the more requested opponent against Kazuma Kiryu.

I can see that Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi is very much underrated because somehow people just... don't care about Hunter Zolomon. Despite showing up in a TV series and is supposed to be a rival to Wally West. And that finally an opponent worthy for Homura Akemi to tap into her devil form.

Like Homura Akemi vs Kurumi Tokisaki or Sakuya Izayoi are more popular among the audience who... watches anime. And while Sakuya has Hit and Hit has also Cygnus Hyouga Kurumi Tokisaki does have difficulty to find another character at around the same tier.

Last edited:
I can see that Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi is very much underrated because somehow people just... don't care about Hunter Zolomon. Despite showing up in a TV series and is supposed to be a rival to Wally West. And that finally an opponent worthy for Homura Akemi to tap into her devil form.

Like Homura Akemi vs Kurumi Tokisaki or Sakuya Izayoi are more popular among the audience who... watches anime. And while Sakuya has Hit and Hit has also Cygnus Hyouga Kurumi Tokisaki does have difficulty to find another character at around the same tier
It's not even just that
The MU itself is boring and has no animation potential
Why waste Homura on a boring fight with Zoom where she has either Sakuya and Kurumi

Which one is most possible season 9 finale:
Galactus vs Unicron
Goku vs Superman 3
Dante vs Kratos
Arceus MU

And which one is most possible season 10 finale:
Goku vs Superman 3
Goku vs Seiya
Mickey vs Bugs
Gogeta vs Omnimon

Then answer me this: who is Irae, and why must they die?

Which one is most possible season 9 finale:
Galactus vs Unicron
Goku vs Superman 3
Dante vs Kratos
Arceus MU

And which one is most possible season 10 finale:
Goku vs Superman 3
Goku vs Seiya
Mickey vs Bugs
Gogeta vs Omnimon
Season 9: probably galactus vs unicron unless they can somehow think of another, is pretty legacy-y, arceus fits for a normal episode IMO.

Season 10: hmm, 3 of those are dragon ball so i think GVS 3 has a chance of happening if they are up to entering that shitstorm again, at least nowdays where the stats are more well defined.

A show like this, especially one that often claims to be the end all be all for this type of content, having so many blunders so early on and in your middle era was pretty detrimental down the line. Obviously not everyone can come out swinging out the gates, but they've made some baaaaaaad blunders in their day.
Yeah the Sins of S2 and parts of S3 and S4 didn't help matter's

A wrong outcome is one thing but the handling of it is another which is why folks still have anger over S2 stains

Last edited:
I get they have shit to do and relaxing after a great season n such they deserve it but I feel they should do a better job at promoting the upcoming season that's going to happen in March
Continuing this
January is a bout done next week and we enter February

There should be tidbits on How S9 may look or confirmation on the episodes listing or whether they gotten new animators on board

yeah, this is one of the main reasons I absolutely do not ******* want this episode lol. It's already redundant as hell, we know DB stats Dragonball characters well above Sonic characters, and it's well known someone major on the show absolutely despites Silver, and they expressed that very openly right before Shadow vs Mewtwo, which what do you know, ended up being spite episode and one of the worst ******* episodes on the show. I see this doomed to be a spite episode. There would be absolutely nothing they could do to make the fight interesting, we all know how they'll have it end (and you KNOW it'll be jammed full of annoying ******* "ITS NO USE" repeats since they couldn't get enough of spamming "OH NO" throughout all of Knuckles' episode).

I have 0 faith it'd come out as anything good, at best it'd be a waste of time filler episode, at worst it'll be Shadow vs Mewtwo for a second time. If the episode actually ends up being amazing I'll shit bricks, and if by some unknown to god method Silver wins I'll be genuinely amazed.
Trunks vs Silver is not redundant oml. Vegeta vs Shadow was a damn S1 episode. Hell, people even said it was wrong at the time. Trunks vs Silver would have new updated research and once that episode happens they would literally finally talk about the high tier stuff for Sonic by scaling Silver to Solaris. Ben doesn't like Sasuke and he seemed be treated well (Well apart from his undeserved loss but that was more on the researchers). They literally have so many ways to make the fight interesting creative.

It literally has potential to be a good episode.

Trunks vs Silver is not redundant oml. Vegeta vs Shadow was a damn S1 episode. Hell, people even said it was wrong at the time. Trunks vs Silver would have new updated research and once that episode happens they would literally finally talk about the high tier stuff for Sonic by scaling Silver to Solaris. Ben doesn't like Sasuke and he seemed be treated well (Well apart from his undeserved loss but that was more on the researchers). They literally have so many ways to make the fight interesting creative.

It literally has potential to be a good episode.
Regarding this to me
Trunks vs Silver Treatment boils down to who's writing the episode
if it Swan i can see him give Silver his due and at least make the ITS NO USE Meme fit within the context

I ******* regret reading that profile

From what i know, Dies Irae is an eroge novel (Or how normal people call it: **** game)
I really don't know anything else about this series, i found out about it like 10 days ago when somebody suggested Archie Sonic vs Dies Irae's protag
Yeah.
Dies Irae is an eroge novel (Or how normal people call it: **** game)
So is Fate/Stay Night.

Nothing to regret about it. Just... Regret on Dies Irae not getting popular enough and possibly never.

Lelouch vs Light
Neo vs Lain
Monika MU

Eh all they said they'll be Out there MU
Who is Lain? (Is she some immortal empress of a light novel? I guess not the one you mean.)

And for Monika... I wonder if anyone knows Totono (another **** game, surprise) but Monika vs Miyuki Sone is just so thematic - DDLC is inspired by Totono it makes sense Monika vs Miyuki Sone happen as a Death Battle fight.
Not to say Yuno Gasai has Rena Ryugu.

It's Game time
FIhObtoVkAA7FMG.png
Travis Touchdown murders Jack Cayman and Scott Pilgrim. So choose your pill.
See if Travis will drop this line: Stay down and have fun with Amala / Ramona Flowers in hell.

Someone says "game time"...

Byleth_vs_Rean_Schwarzer-Waking_the_Demon_ver3.png

ColeAlexTN2.png

Arceus_vs_Amaterasu-Creation_of_the_Universe.png

Shulk_vs_Lightning-Final_Chronicles_ver2.png

Steve_vs_Terrarian-Mineraria_ver2.png

I know you have a specific and personal hatred on Shulk vs Lightning. But this is quite likely going to happen (and this MU does even have good close connections at least from my perspective) - I would say it as overdue.

Neo when he sees a 14 year old girl

if I’m gonna be honest, lain doesn’t work in DB, in my opinion
By Death Battle logic Lain will be the one ragdolling Neo.
Thanks.

Well I can think of Haruhi Suzumiya vs Iwakura Lain for whatever reason. Or Lucy (2014 Film Lucy) vs Haruhi or Lain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back