• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think Fusion Zamasu vs Gorr the God Butcher is my new favorite Zamasu matchup now, and IMO it's the single best contrast-based matchup that exists.

One uses the power of a mortal to kill all mortals, the other uses the power of a god to kill all gods. One is associated with themes of light, the other themes of darkness.

Even the way their powers interact could be amazing.

Gorr could use a shard of the Pool of Forever to try and BFR Zamasu, only for Zamasu to come right back with the Time Ring. Manga Infinite Zamasu could be used to counter an army of Black Butchers. Anime Infinite Zamsu vs The Necroverse alone could be ******* outstanding, and Gorr's probably the only matchup where Zamasu's Will can be a major part of the fight and not just killing the enemy instantly or getting killed instantly.

Issac vs. madotsuki exists
Also the main character from Drawn to Life
I'm not saying Issac doesn't have matches, all I'm saying is Issac just wouldn't work. Binding of Issac is a game where depending on what items you get play style and game play options vary drastically. Defining what "Peak Issac" is depends is very hard to define, it's not like you can just give Issac all the items because after a certian point the game stops you from getting anymore items.
The other problem is unlike items Issacs size (from what I understand) does really have the same kind of cap. So Issac could become a borderline Kaiju with certain set ups, which would make Issac fit in godzilla monster then any character that's thematic.

I'm not saying Issac doesn't have matches, all I'm saying is Issac just wouldn't work. Binding of Issac is a game where depending on what items you get play style and game play options vary drastically. Defining what "Peak Issac" is depends is very hard to define, it's not like you can just give Issac all the items because after a certian point the game stops you from getting anymore items.
The other problem is unlike items Issacs size (from what I understand) does really have the same kind of cap. So Issac could become a borderline Kaiju with certain set ups, which would make Issac fit in godzilla monster then any character that's thematic.
I mean, you could just give him the stuff he uses in Blade Strangers.

Relation spreads sound more like plot beats cribbed verbatim and less like a thoroughly considered MU with a least a hint of contrast, Shulk has better MUs (Sora, Zael etc.), and I am struggling to believe that Lightning doesn't have other MUs period.
Well too bad she doesn't
Shulk is frankly her best
As far as Shulk goes in MU
No one cares for Zael or whoever the hell he is
Sora is frankly ain't on the crew's radar for a Runback
So Shulk vs Lightning we go

well they would make a similar case to the link by simply giving him the best items that can benefit him in a fight and those that while they may be lethal to issac himself may allow him to have a victory over his respective opponents.

you don't necessarily have to give him all of your arsenal, just the ones that are most relevant or most important against their respective opponents.

Honestly, I think Fusion Zamasu vs Gorr the God Butcher is my new favorite Zamasu matchup now, and IMO it's the single best contrast-based matchup that exists.

One uses the power of a mortal to kill all mortals, the other uses the power of a god to kill all gods. One is associated with themes of light, the other themes of darkness.

Even the way their powers interact could be amazing.

Gorr could use a shard of the Pool of Forever to try and BFR Zamasu, only for Zamasu to come right back with the Time Ring. Manga Infinite Zamasu could be used to counter an army of Black Butchers. Anime Infinite Zamsu vs The Necroverse alone could be ******* outstanding, and Gorr's probably the only matchup where Zamasu's Will can be a major part of the fight and not just killing the enemy instantly or getting killed instantly.
So "Friendship over with Zamasu vs Goetia, now Zamasu vs Gorr my favorite Zamasu MU" is what you're saying?

camih15ac3d81.jpg

What’s Travis most popular MU rn for DB?
He just got cosmic buffs in NMH 3, so his entire matchup spread was thrown through a loop. What used to be close and fair matchups are now massive curbstomps in Travis' favor. Even if stomps don't make a matchup worse, being debatable makes a matchups better.

Unrelated, I think Jack Cayman from Madworld is his most popular MU at the moment, though I've seen Denji and Viewtiful Joe thrown around too.

He just got cosmic buffs in NMH 3, so his entire matchup spread was thrown through a loop. What used to be close and fair matchups are now massive curbstomps in Travis' favor. Even if stomps don't make a matchup worse, being debatable makes a matchups better.
What I just said visualized:

2y8b6ntyp3p71.jpg

(albeit he's only planet level actually)

Relation spreads sound more like plot beats cribbed verbatim and less like a thoroughly considered MU with a least a hint of contrast, Shulk has better MUs (Sora, Zael etc.), and I am struggling to believe that Lightning doesn't have other MUs period.
Besides, the relations are actual connections between the two that relates to their stories and character arcs.

Saying that it sounds more like plot is literally the point of connections. And it would apply to any MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back