• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I heard people are struggling to find good MUs for Jiren and Martian Manhunter, but what if we match both of them up together...
w:null_euwuoi07u1b71.jpg
blkhrc6iet181.png

• Both are stoic aliens that lost their families to a great tragedy (Jiren lost his family to an unnamed villainous demon entity while his friends left him after giving up hope to avenge their loved ones while J'onzz lost his family and the rest of the race in an event that differs depending on which era, either a Martian holocaust/extinction or a civil war)
  • Both later joined and became one of the strongest members in a team full of superheroes
  • Their designs and colors are based on the famous alien archetypes (Grey Aliens and Green Martians respectively)
  • In terms of contrasts, Jiren is more focused on might and brute physical force and cares little for his allies with a lone pack attitude whereas J'onzz is more reliant on mind control powers and other various abilities he has and is empathic towards his teammates and tries to hold them together.

Last edited:
From a friend
Hypothetical scenario time:

So Death Battle contacts you and offers you a deal, an ultimatum if you wanna view it that way. They will do your top 3 most wanted matchups with as much thought and care as they put in Dio vs Alucard. Hell, they'll even let you help with the research.

B U T

They will also do three matchups that you hate, three matchups that you've almost prayed to never make it on the show.

Would you take the offer?

From a friend

So Death Battle contacts you and offers you a deal, an ultimatum if you wanna view it that way. They will do your top 3 most wanted matchups with as much thought and care as they put in Dio vs Alucard. Hell, they'll even let you help with the research.

B U T

They will also do three matchups that you hate, three matchups that you've almost prayed to never make it on the show.

No because I hate the matches I hate more then I like the matches I like, I never want Luz vs Anne to happen, never in a million years.

From a friend

B U T

OK, so I get Copen vs Archer, Reds and Blues vs Team Fortress and Doom vs Gilgamesh, and in exchange Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash is reuploaded 3 times.

I fail to see the downside here.

Being more serious, at worst some Shao Kahn vs Akuma tier creatively bankrupt legacy matches like Ridley vs Rayquaza happen, and some people want those episodes so I could feel happy enough for them. I really don't have any matchups in particular I hate that much.

Honestly after Byleth was added to smash and Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash happened, any hatred I can muster is half-hearted and empty.

Last edited:
From a friend

B U T

I'll take that deal lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back