• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. And they have yet to talk about the low complex multiverse level stuffs.

Makes sense.
Except say Yusuke Urameshi has had Yoh Asakura.
Oh yeah Sakuya Izayoi will fight Hit or Kurumi Tokisaki. (Hit has had really Sakuya and Cygnus Hyouga as good MUs tbh)
Kirby vs Toutetsu Yuuma is great and has more close connections than say Kirby vs Yuyuko Saigyouji but there will be an issue of popularity (and yes Kirby vs Yuyuko Saigyouji is a legacy matchup in Asia, only to be taken by Rimuru Tempest and Yuuma Toutetsu recently.)
Yes Yukari Yakumo vs Altair is the best MU for both, but for popularity sake there are two good alternatives - vs Dimentio and vs Hoopa. (Cosmic dimension/portal manipulators death battle, pretty simple close connections right?)
Yeah, Mitsuru just worked well to introduce the series because she was a perfect "mid-level" persona character to use. Strong enough (heh) to make an impact, but not in the god tier level to start the verse off with complete insanity.

Also yeah, Yusuke does have other opponents, but to my knowledge Reimu IS his most popular, Reimu as a character has quite a handful of matches they could go with, so it just depends on who they pick (all I ask is that it's not Madoka lol, give Madoka to Sailor Moon or something). Sakuya has her two major options they could go with, and yeah, while Kirby vs Yuyuko is relatively legacy in Asia, DB tends to not take Eastern popularity into their opinion as much. With all the comparisons Yuuma's been collecting to Kirby as of late, she'd be a pretty easy pick for him, plus as a battle I also just think there's more to work with there for Kirby than Yuyuko (Toutetsu's emotions/personality are altered by what she eats, so her absorbing/tanking different hits from Kirby and his variety of copy abilities could help in making more interesting choreo, and Kirby's laundry list of haxx could help work around Yuuma's oppressive danmaku and speed advantage, as well as possibly even bypass some of her durability/physiology advantages, there's just a lot more of a fight there compared to Yuyuko's instant wincon of "I wish you dead".)

Also yes, Dimentio and Hoopa do have simple connections, but a relatively similar baseline ability is ultimately all they really have on that end. I'd much rather have something much more thematic, and much closer, that also brings in new franchises, like what Altair brings to the table. I personally don't find Hoopa very interesting like, at all in terms of Vs Battle, and Dimentio likely has better opponents, such as Wilfre from Drawn to Life. Dimentio vs Wilfre is actually a personal favorite MU of mine.

Fair, but Mitsuru is also a relatively easy and non-complicated introduction for a Persona character. She doesn't have as much of the crazy haxx or abilities of the main characters, and doesn't have any funky immortality revive shit like Jack or Cirno, so I'd argue that's a different case.
Weiss: But I still dead...
Mitsuru: You'd be thankful that I'm not 1-A in that episode.
In terms of Touhou MUs, I feel like they'd want to save Cirno vs Jack Frost until after introducing both SMT and Touhou as verses, as I feel that MU depends a lot on knowing about both of those verses and how they function, and some of the stuff that match hinges on (like Cirno having immortality & instant resurrection based on her fairy existence & element she's tied to and Jack Frost not being conventionally killable due to being part of a Collective Unconscious) are probably not the type of weird bullshit you'd want to introduce either franchise with. I'd say starting with Reimu, Sakuya, Marisa, or another Touhou high-mid tier (Kasen, Flandre etc etc) would be a perfect starting point, then you could introduce the weirder ends like Cirno vs Jack, and the higher ends like Yukari vs Altair. That's just how I'd view things if I was running this show.

Anyways in terms of Touhou MUs I like:

I am the world's only advocator for Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic , an MU I have talked about manytimes in the past and will continue to talk about despite that. It's got pretty good connections, amazing fight potential, a guaranteed banger music track, just about everything I'd want out of a DB/versus battle.

Marisa Kirisame vs Lina Inverse seems to be both's most popular MUs, and if they were gonna pull either one of them, the other would be their opponent (though I'm not against Marisa fighting an MC from the Cotton series, a major Puyo character, or the weirdly thematic Saitama lol )

Reimu Hakurei's most popular MU is Yusuke iirc, but generally Reimu's got a lot of MUs you could put her against I'd be fine with, so long as we don't end up putting her against Madoka Magica I'm fine, that MU sucks.

Sakuya Izayoi also has plenty, but the most likely one would be Hit from Dragonball since the research team has expressed interest before.

Flandre Scarlet vs Marx from Kirby is another really fun matchup with surprisingly decent thematic behind it as well, that has a lot of fun animation potential, an easy banger track, despite a relatively clear winner.

Death Battle doesn't need to do it, but I really love Kirby vs Toutetsu Yuuma and think its a really fantastic fight with a lot of fun ways to go about it, but leave it for another versus show.

Youmu Konpaku vs Vergil is another fun matchup that while not the most thematic, has very simple and fun connections for a fun fight. While by most accounts, Vergil likely has this, with the PATHETIC stats they gave Vergil in his last episode, there's a good chance Youmu could pull this unless they drastically change Vergil's stats lol (especially since they apparently buy Uni Touhou). So it might be better served for a DBX in the end...

Cirno vs Jack & Yukari vs Altair are both amazing MUs imo that could be really fun and unique from the usual DB molds (I think Cirno v Jack has the possibility to be the first draw since Season 2 and actually be fun, and Yukari v Altair is a really crazy conceptual cosmic fight that could be amazing if handled well).
For Koishi Komeiji, she has Kirakishou from Rozen Maiden.
For Renko Usami and Maribel Hearn, they have Bonroku and Marco Polo from Touhou Kenbun Roku.
For Patchouli Knowledge, I have found Yue Ayase from for Negima!: Magister Negi Magi her.
For Cirno VS Jack Frost, Jack Frost takes nearly all advantages and he could disconnect Cirno's reliant immorality with corruption. (Or if his scaling to high-tier SMT characters is valid, he can just stomp Cirno hard enough)
For Reimu Hakurei, Yabusame Houlen from Len'en Project is not a bad choice.

Doesn't Killua beat Akame though?
Depends if they give killua the speed advantage
41smwff1gwb81.jpg
I mean, does Labrys or Sho have any matchups?

Also yeah, Yusuke does have other opponents, but to my knowledge Reimu IS his most popular
Literally Ichigo

Last edited:
Weiss: But I still dead...
Mitsuru: You'd be thankful that I'm not 1-A in that episode.

For Koishi Komeiji, she has Kirakishou from Rozen Maiden.
For Renko Usami and Maribel Hearn, they have Bonroku and Marco Polo from Touhou Kenbun Roku.
For Patchouli Knowledge, I have found Yue Ayase from for Negima!: Magister Negi Magi her.
For Cirno VS Jack Frost, Jack Frost takes nearly all advantages and he could disconnect Cirno's reliant immorality with corruption. (Or if his scaling to high-tier SMT characters is valid, he can just stomp Cirno hard enough)
For Reimu Hakurei, Yabusame Houlen from Len'en Project is not a bad choice.
Cirno has better keep-away options than Jack with her danmaku spam, and is genuinely massively faster so she could escape all of his options/overwhelm & kill him before he could retaliate. He'd inevitably come back, and she has no way to permanently put down his existence, but then the process would just repeat itself, it's too much of an incon imo. And his high-tier SMT scaling isn't valid for the typical Jack Frost key, the one that's actually used for Jack Frost vs Cirno, so it wouldn't be counted in the fight at all. It'd be like using Dreamy Bowser to validate that Bowser stomps Eggman, a form that was only achieved once by a single variant of the character and was never seen again, and is generally a massive outlier even within his own series. If you WANT to use that key, sure, he shitstomps Cirno horridly, but nobody wants to see that MU.

I've never heard of Koishi, Renko & Maribel, or Patchy's options, though, I've gotta check those out sometime. Looking at Yue's page, her design is a very clear reference haha. Yabusame isn't a bad option for Reimu either, but it feels a little unfair considering the massive stat-gap between series, probably more befitting of a DBX, but overall still a neat option.

It should be noted that Jack Frost can passively nullify and heal himself from any and all ice attacks because of SMT.
I'm very aware, I love SMT. But Cirno has much more than just ice and much of her danmaku isn't ice related. Ice is just her special ability, just like how ice is Jack's. Hell, to make her danmaku become ice she has to actively freeze it first.

It should be noted that Jack Frost can passively nullify and heal himself from any and all ice attacks because of SMT.
Also better AP and Durability, before the update to the Megaten profiles. Jack was building, not sure how strong cirno is or how strong they'd make her in the DB, but if she's as strong as he profile says she is she's kinda doomed
Edit: nvm she's Building+, she should be fine now

Last edited:
Also better AP and Durability, before the update to the Megaten profiles. Jack was building, not sure how strong cirno is or how strong they'd make her in the DB, but if she's as strong as he profile says she is she's kinda doomed
Iirc her base form might also be getting building to building+ from some recent calcs, which would put her amped form up higher. They just haven't been applied to the page yet.

Stats is not the only factor in this battle since they have insane immorality and I have found at least one way for Jack Frost to kill Cirno permanently while I failed to find a way for Cirno to do so.

May I further ask: do we have speed feat calculations with higher yields from SMT? Sounds counter-intuitive for a multiversal being to be more MHS.

Cirno has potentially much better calcs, though they would probably be ice related.

If they were to even remotely scale Cirno to other Touhou characters, she could possibly stomp.
So that we could talk about Archetype Jack Frost finally?

I heard Nox from Wakfu and Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty are fairly good options. A Doctor Who Battle Royale could also work, maybe?
The Doctor would win pretty easily agienst Nox and Rick, they're basically just bad guys from a doctor who episode, Rick is at best a two parter villian. You gotta realize the level insane stuff The Doctor can pull when properly equipped is absurd, he can win the fight so hard the fight never actually happened. Even if we were to limit him to standard equipment, there still a surprisingly high chance that the doctor might have the strongest super weapon ever forged by the time lords in the Tardis, which would make a very funny moment.

Yeah, going by absolute high ends for Jack Frost, Cirno doesn't really stand a chance.

But that begs the question of how willing Death Battle is to acknowledge/analyze SMT's higher end stuff, especially for a fight where neither character is openly viewed as very powerful by a casual audience.

Honestly? Not out of the question, given that tanned Cirno exists and has possible high tier scaling. Granted, that'd still require DB to buy multi Touhou, which seems unlikely.
Tanned Cirno is not her standard since Okina Matara's canceling that season mess revert 9 back. Tanned Cirno is the result of Cirno's embodiment to evironment itself and she could be heavily affected by these season mess because of said embodiment. But Archtype Jack Frost is not something Jack Frost cannot touch.

Tanned Cirno is not her standard since Okina Matara's canceling that season mess revert 9 back. Tanned Cirno is the result of Cirno's embodiment to evironment itself and she could be heavily affected by these season mess because of said embodiment. But Archtype Jack Frost is not something Jack Frost cannot touch.
Never mind. Everyone expects Cirno to die upon Jack Frost - as hard as many other Touhou Project characters stomp on their opponents...

Hold it. Is Udonge killing Cinderace or Amber? Matters not as the latter two are matching against each other.

**** it, i found best Pepsiman MU
reverse_pepsi.png

Reverse Flash vs Pepsiman
Connections:
Both were originally scienists that researched sources of power they were obsessed with (Speed Force and Pepsi). Both would later come in contact with similar sources which would give them new powers and a most notably, a great speed which both of them are well known for (Thawne creating negative speed force and coming in contact with it and Satoru coming in contact with Holy Pepsi). After coming in contact with said powers, both decided to become a superhero and gave themselves new identities. However, they did their jobs as superheroes, pretty poorly (RF purposely did something terrible only for him to fix what he has done later and Pepsiman notoruisly always getting damaged when he's saving the day). Also, both got treated poorly by people they wanted to help (RF wanted to be Flash's sidekick, who rejected his help and Pepsiman was regularly beaten up, mocked and made fun of by random people he tried to help)
(Would love to see this as a DBX btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back