• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have the context pls
Basically, folks threw over fit over Macho Man losing and dying near somewhat how he died in RL so the guys were like no **** it when they were planning to do a QnA

tomura_shigaraki_vs_kabuto_yakushi_by_jamessonic_dexpi6c-pre.jpg
azrael_vs_kenpachi_zaraki_by_jamessonic_dexp1j5-pre.jpg
gwenpool_vs_haruko_haruhara_by_jamessonic_dexpnn5-pre.jpg
monkey_d__luffy_vs_natsu_dragneel_by_jamessonic_dexps6t-pre.jpg

Don’t think there’s been an Undead-themed episode yet.

IMG_2555.jpg

Tfw Atrocitus is inevitably gonna start spitting rhymes while beating Asura’s ass
I'd almost argue Lord Raptor is a slightly better Squigly matchup. - And this is from a guy whose favorite character in Darkstalkers IS Hsien-ko
-Both are more music based, so it can be a fun metal-opera track
-Both can still count as a duo match (La Marta for Raptor to go against Squigly and Leviathan), though Mei-Ling can and does fight, La Marta and Raptor's more creative and out there abilities tag team abilities feel more fitting
-Both can likely play off each other really well (Raptor's sadistic and rock star persona vs Squigly's more polite and upbringing persona as well as Leviathan's regal and mature voice) - make Raptor the boke to Squigly and Leviathan's tsukkumoi

I'd almost argue Lord Raptor is a slightly better Squigly matchup. - And this is from a guy whose favorite character in Darkstalkers IS Hsien-ko
-Both are more music based, so it can be a fun metal-opera track
-Both can still count as a duo match (La Marta for Raptor to go against Squigly and Leviathan), though Mei-Ling can and does fight, La Marta and Raptor's more creative and out there abilities tag team abilities feel more fitting
-Both can likely play off each other really well (Raptor's sadistic and rock star persona vs Squigly's more polite and upbringing persona as well as Leviathan's regal and mature voice) - make Raptor the boke to Squigly and Leviathan's tsukkumoi
Lord Raptor has Brook from One Piece

Anyone actually getting vibed with Jinx (G.I. Joe Movie) vs Elektra (Marvel Comics) vs Raphael (1987) (2 out of 3 or battle royale)

Given how "popular" Darkstalkers are in the world nowadays... I am not optimistic on getting more Darkstalkers characters into Death Battle in the future unless with good carriers.

If Games Workshop learns to be slightly more lenient towards fan arts they may actually get their franchises better known and more profitable. Otherwise... I do not see any Warhammer representative able to get into Death Battle. And this is sad given this is a franchise with definitive copyright owners instead of some collective writing.

Does anyone mention Tomura Shigaraki vs Kabuto Yakushi for avenging All Might vs Might Guy?

I am about to summarise a list for Homura Akemi and post it somewhere. Any good materials and place I can post and promote? I need the components for the Popeye list and wonder if Twitter plus Reddit are places I can explore

My list of possible opponents:

• I-No
  • Hunter Zolomon
  • Hit
  • Sakuya Izayoi
  • Kurumi Tokisaki
  • Equuleus Subaru / Saturn
  • Kid Flash, Jay Garrick, ...
  • Heaven Ascension DIO
  • Trunks
  • Silver the Hedgehog
  • Booster Gold for a return
  • Cable for a return
  • Barry Allen, Wally West, Eobard Thawne for a return
  • Esdeath for a return

Last edited:
What MU do you think has THE BEST music potential?
Also another worth mention.

deciqb0-ceff4b07-55e6-4d03-a6d5-0bb974af044f.jpg
b3df6460389f792d0c1a27c304321b57.jpg

HUNK VS Adrian Shephard (Resident Evil VS Half-Life)

Beside the fact that this MU itself its already pretty good, i think the potential track could be a bang, as both style can mash well.

Name Track: Opposing Sides (As a reference of Half-Life: Opposing Force, other that it describe both characters).

Oh hey his DB ideas.

Ok The Office on DB sounds cool (even though Dwight works the best for versus setting)
Han Solo vs Captain Kirk is thematic idea considering it has some sort of rivalry.
Gandalf vs Dumbledore at some point is long overdue.
Gru vs Megamind is popular MU which also like, kind of feels like should happen

But the rest...
badcomedian-eyes.gif

video-image-o-JCb-EDq7-Ie.jpg

Jack-o Valentine (Guilty Gear) vs Kula Diamond (King of Fighters)

And what are le conexion?
The connections are:

Both are outwardly childish partners of fire-using edgelords (Sol Badguy and K').
Both started out on the antagonists' factions but had a change of heart/circumstances and joined the protagonists. Jack-o was a member of That Man's group and Kula was a NESTS agent.
Both have a very similar character design. Long back-length open hair with frontal bangs. Full body jumpsuit with bell bottoms. Both have a distinctive leg accessory that they use in combat - Jack-o's ball and chain and Kula's razor sharp ice skates.
Both were bosses in their partner's stories in one form or another. Justice, an aspect of Aria/Jack-o's soul was the original boss of the first Guilty Gear. Kula was created to kill K' and was a mid-boss for his storyline during the NESTS Saga.
While outwardly childish, both possess a cold and calculating inner personality. Jack-o has a more intellectual alternate personality that freely switches in and out with her childish personality. Kula used to be a cold-blooded killer, but is trying to get away from her former life of violence although elements of that life may surface now and then due to her temper issues.
Jack-o is a mother-figure for Ramlethal and Elphelt. Kula is a daughter-figure for Foxy and Diana.
Both summon cute mascot-like creatures to aid in combat. Jack-o summons tiny soldier-bots (??? Idk what they are) while Kula summons snowmen.
Both are fond of similar kinds of sweet confectionaries and can be found licking and sucking on them (yikes) outside of combat - Jack-o likes lollipops, Kula likes popsicles.

Also, tens of thousands of people will get to see this:
jack-o-valentine-guilty-gear.gif

The power gap is astronomical tho, so this only works as a DBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back