• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody willing to give me the names? I only recognise a few...
From what it seems the thing goes
Let’s go: Escanor(SDS) vs White beard(OP), Joker(P5) vs Giorno(JJBA: VA), Guts(Berserk) vs Clare(Claymore), Itachi(Naruto) vs the undertaker(WWE), Duke Nukem(…) vs Serious Sam(…), one obscured by a watermark, Vincent(FF7) vs Vash(Trigun), Asta(Black Clover) vs Meliodas(SDS), Soldier(TF2) vs Sarge(RVB), Ruby(RWBY) vs Maka(Soul Eater), and what I think is Bill(Gravity falls) vs Discord(MLP)

Where did BY confirm these?
Depends on who
my-image_1.png
lok at the top

For who tho
Someone going to play AVGN and explain why this matchup is a stomp in either direction depending on the battle venue with different cursed words and words that violate TOU of most Internet communities

Except usually matchups from DBW and VSBW communities are having multiple stretchy connections rather than one single connection.

It Could work
It could actually work. And is that Jinx (G.I. Joe Movie) Elektra (Marvel Comics) vs TMNT Raphael?

Last edited:
Okay but why though

Has he been presented with a list of close connections between Gumball and Spongebob?

The connections between SpongeBob and Gumball Watterson are that they are both naive modern cartoon characters who use the cartoon power and are the face of their respective network (Excluding TTG because it's a pre-existing property). But going more into detail, they live fairly similar lives, having a best friend who is dumb, annoy their neighbor, and live in a town full of recurring background characters. Also, the first season of Gumball is heavily inspired by SpongeBob. They both annoy their neighbors, who seem to hate life and are depressed about how things are going. Both are in love (well, in SpongeBob's case, in a mobile game where SpongeBob gets hit by a car and says "tell Sandy I love her") with people who are not normal in their world (Penny and Sandy, respectively). Both focus primarily on rainbows and bright colors. Season 1-3 SpongeBob SquarePants and Gumball are both optimistic but not afraid to get angry or serious. They have a bully that they outdo in certain episodes (that flat episode and that one where gumball and darwin go buff and throw a dodgeball at Tina the dinosaur if I forgot his name) both are from rival networks that have been trying to beat each other for decades. Both have a friend who can be a real pain in the ass to them at times (season 6-12 patrick and the episode where darwin turned evil) both have villains who try to be sinister but end up being more of a slap stick guy who is evil for a silly reason (plankton for crabs being famous at krusty crab and rob for gumball forgetting about him) both have the power that was gifted to them to write events that would come true. Both spongebob and gumball develop in character to appeal to the audience by breaking the fourth wall. Both know they are on an existing show/network or so they think. Both are known for the signature phrases they utter at any given moment, "I'm ready so what".

credits to: someone from youtube.

The connections between SpongeBob and Gumball Watterson are that they are both naive modern cartoon characters who use the cartoon power and are the face of their respective network (Excluding TTG because it's a pre-existing property). But going more into detail, they live fairly similar lives, having a best friend who is dumb, annoy their neighbor, and live in a town full of recurring background characters. Also, the first season of Gumball is heavily inspired by SpongeBob. They both annoy their neighbors, who seem to hate life and are depressed about how things are going. Both are in love (well, in SpongeBob's case, in a mobile game where SpongeBob gets hit by a car and says "tell Sandy I love her") with people who are not normal in their world (Penny and Sandy, respectively). Both focus primarily on rainbows and bright colors. Season 1-3 SpongeBob SquarePants and Gumball are both optimistic but not afraid to get angry or serious. They have a bully that they outdo in certain episodes (that flat episode and that one where gumball and darwin go buff and throw a dodgeball at Tina the dinosaur if I forgot his name) both are from rival networks that have been trying to beat each other for decades. Both have a friend who can be a real pain in the ass to them at times (season 6-12 patrick and the episode where darwin turned evil) both have villains who try to be sinister but end up being more of a slap stick guy who is evil for a silly reason (plankton for crabs being famous at krusty crab and rob for gumball forgetting about him) both have the power that was gifted to them to write events that would come true. Both spongebob and gumball develop in character to appeal to the audience by breaking the fourth wall. Both know they are on an existing show/network or so they think. Both are known for the signature phrases they utter at any given moment, "I'm ready so what".

credits to: someone from youtube.
Oh damn, didnt realize that
Well thanks for helping me understand

it's nothing... now also if you don't like gumball... chowder is also an option against spongebob and then you have bugs... which is definitely not happening because mickey exists...
Speaking of Mickey... That timeline I mentioned before... Does that help?
Aint the umbrella ice cream themed lady her better options? The one Yang fought
Oh 2B vs Winter Schnee has been a Community Death Battle before and is one that is not an AP stomp apparently.
Want this one to happen, dont know anyone better for kurumi in place
Technically among the time users that is about to debut in Death Battle:

• Homura Akemi
  • Hunter Zolomon
  • Hit
  • Sakuya Izayoi
  • Kurumi Tokisaki
  • Equuleus Subaru / Saturn
  • Kid Flash, Jay Garrick, ...
  • Heaven Ascension DIO
  • Barry Allen, Wally West, Eobard Thawne for a return

Surprisingly we have a bunch.

Funny_Witch_Matchup_Spread_2.png

Through the help of various others, the Marisa Kirsame MU spread that everyone missed last time has been expanded upon greatly. This list was comprised of MUs I've seen mentioned occasionally/often, popular MUs, ones recommended to me by friends, and ones that I liked myself.

Of note: IDW Sonic, Archie Knuckles, and Game Tails are the Sonic variants they are specifically representing.

Admittedly I think I like Marisa vs Cotton or Pumpkin just a bit more than Lina, I can't say that for certain until I know where they land in a versus setting.

connections?
It's time to appear 3 months later because I was looking for an older message of mine and say, I like this matchup! Here's the connections:

Flandre Scarlet vs Marx Connections:
  • Both have bat-like appendages with rainbow colored crystal-like wings (and fangs)
  • Both are eccentric weirdos typically
  • Questionable mental states (Marx is functionally insane in his monster form, while Flandre becomes bloodlusted due to her penchant for combat)
  • Both can manipulate fire and water (in varying ways)
  • Innocent, friendly, cutesy exterior hiding terrifying power and violence within
  • Extremely popular within their franchise, despite only having a single major appearance, until a triumphant return decades later (Star Allies & TH17.5)
  • The superboss of their respective main appearances
  • Kinda similar color schemes lol

Marisa Kirsame VS Lina Inverse? Sound interesting, what are the major connections beside be witches?
-Self-made witches that claim themselves to be "ordinary" despite being anything but
-Specialize in incredibly destructive & powerful magic despite being humans
-Frequently grandstand about how great they are despite having weaknesses they work hard to hide
-Both engage in treasure hunting when the opportunity arises
-Both have a reputation for thievery (though admittedly Marisa grew out of this trait in her recent years, it was a very prevalent trait early on)

There's other things, but its super late and I'm blanking on them. Plus I'm way more familiar with Touhou than I am with Slayers currently, ahha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back