• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazo (DC) vs Cell (Dragon Ball)?

Tons of connections but sadly, Amazo lolstomps.
Well, Cell vs Meruem exists and Cell lolstomps

Brings down to how big a stat gap and hax wall is considered fair.

Hey, to any Blazblue fans here, is Misogi Kumagawa a good matchup for Hazama?
Do you know their close connections?

If we just go by random vs debate perspective, what scale does the All Fiction stretch? IIRC Hazama has 5D hax and is therefore beyond anything Misogi can mess with.

Now I read deeper into it... what is the relationship between Jimmy.robinson and bmichaelyates? Like, why is bmichaelyates not announcing it himself?

Cell is for Stitch
Well... I actually want it.
Make it Devil Artemis Cell vs Liam Swan Stitch (Devil Artemis Stitch vs Liam Swan Cell for more spice) for better.

Last edited:
o you know their close connections?

If we just go by random vs debate perspective, what scale does the All Fiction stretch? IIRC Hazama has 5D hax and is therefore beyond anything Misogi can mess with.
Stolen from Reddit:

• Two extremely nihilistic and manipulative psychopaths from broken verses that only want to **** with people.
  • Both are very broken
  • Seem as being weak despite their immense power (Hazama faking not being good at combat and Misogi being described as a "born loser").
  • They also have relation with a being much more powerfull than then (Terumi and Ajimu) that are inside then in some way (Terumi using Hazama's body as his host and Ajimu being in Misogi's heart).
  • They are also the leaders of certain groups (Hazama being the captain of the World Void Information Control Organization and Kumagawa being the president of his Student Council).
  • Over time, they became more soft but, in the end, are still very sadistic and dangerous.

I dont remember if I talked about it here, but DBS might actually be the reason that broke VS sites.

Even back in 2016, when DB did Hulk vs DD, they mostly focused on Planet lvl & lightspeed being rarity or whatever. Most vs sites also placed Hulk & comics at SS range. However since DBS slowly got accepted from that, is it just coincidence that everything else got buffed too? Universal MFTL+ if not ******* infinite speeds are really commonly heard nowadays, and a lot of series are getting uni+ stats from statements too.

Did DBS break the mold? Or maybe it could have been DB normalizing high stats as well? Or were dedicated vs fans just waiting for years until proper time, once some franchise got accepted, it could snowball. I wonder how it happened.

And I hate high ends being so normal, because not only do they often break the series, they are clearly not meant to be taken as seriously. If creators wanted to show characters at some level of power, they could. Its problem also because "character X did a feat thats actually stronger than you expected" is fun, but its a slippery slope.

Thoughts about Marx vs Dimentio?
Sounds fun, though I'm sure Dimentio takes it quite handily.
Nice.And briefly well said.

I must say the matchup itself faces competition from Marx (Kirby) vs Flandre Scarlet or Kefka Palazzo or Majora;
and Dimentio vs Flowey or Yukari Yakumo or Magolor

Speaking of the Xmas 2021 music for The Terminator (T-800) vs Doomguy:
Now I think about it, this pick can mean some things:
1. Nobody else would commission a more famous person for a battle track music for Terminator vs Doomguy, had it not been free.
2. The jam of DOOM vs Terminator can be super easy - in Brandon Yates' eyes.
3. This lures others to pay more and
4. This request could be made by a close friend of Brandon Yates or a staff member of the Death Battle team. Which may mean some "insider" of the Death Battle team is actualy interested to make Terminator vs Doomguy a thing.

Last edited:
Alright, who got Uni that people thought shouldn't despite never having seen or read the media they're from?
Cookie Run (I know I'm, like, the biggest supporter of the verse out of the 7 currently on the planet but let me talk about it okay), except it got Multi and will likely get Mutli+ in the current update

I dont remember if I talked about it here, but DBS might actually be the reason that broke VS sites.

Even back in 2016, when DB did Hulk vs DD, they mostly focused on Planet lvl & lightspeed being rarity or whatever. Most vs sites also placed Hulk & comics at SS range. However since DBS slowly got accepted from that, is it just coincidence that everything else got buffed too? Universal MFTL+ if not ******* infinite speeds are really commonly heard nowadays, and a lot of series are getting uni+ stats from statements too.

Did DBS break the mold? Or maybe it could have been DB normalizing high stats as well? Or were dedicated vs fans just waiting for years until proper time, once some franchise got accepted, it could snowball. I wonder how it happened.

And I hate high ends being so normal, because not only do they often break the series, they are clearly not meant to be taken as seriously. If creators wanted to show characters at some level of power, they could. Its problem also because "character X did a feat thats actually stronger than you expected" is fun, but its a slippery slope.
The Dragon Ball universe and its consequences have been a disaster for versus debating.

Name one high end (That isn't from nintendo) that actually breaks a series.

Last edited:
The Dragon Ball universe and its consequences have been a disaster for versus debating.
there some truth to this and i hate it
is it just coincidence that everything else got buffed too? Universal MFTL+ if not ******* infinite speeds are really commonly heard nowadays, and a lot of series are getting uni+ stats from statements too.
No, it's definitely because of Dragon Ball
The Moment DB got its upgrade everybody and their grandma went out their way to inflate their pet verse up the cosmic food chain
Death Battle been mostly restrictive for the most part
DBS didn't break the mold just had folks hungry to upgrade

We get it you don't like Marvel/DC being strong or having high ends, got anything original for the new year?
this site stance on comics will always be a ******* dumpster fire

Also will hurt to link feats for characters to show why there at that tiering? for some that do there still most that don't

No, it's definitely because of Dragon Ball
The Moment DB got its upgrade everybody and their grandma went out their way to inflate their pet verse up the cosmic food chain
Tbf isn't that true whenever a popular verse gets an upgrade many verses follow suit? E.g: The tier 1 upgrade for Persona last year (Albeit the Sonic supporters were planning the low 1-C upgrade long before we were aware of the Persona CRTs).
Also will hurt to link feats for characters to show why there at that tiering? for some that do there still most that don't
I agree there's plenty of profiles that suffer from circular scaling, have flimsy jurisdiction, little to no calcs or all three. Unfortunately it's often verses with very few active supporters that usually have those poor quality profiles.

Forget Universal Terry.
If it scales to Base Game Canon Iori that'd mean Universal Shingo.
**** IT
unknown.png

UNIVERSAL SHINGO VS HEAVEN ASCENSION DIO
CONNECTIONS: OVERPOWERED VERSIONS OF CHARACTERS VOICED BY TAKEHITO KOYASU

I should shut up because this is another place that told me to shut up about comics. Sorry

I wasn't even intending high balling & consistency issues being only about comics. They are relevant to almost anything (because writers really don't pay attention to it).

**** IT
unknown.png

UNIVERSAL SHINGO VS HEAVEN ASCENSION DIO
CONNECTIONS: OVERPOWERED VERSIONS OF CHARACTERS VOICED BY TAKEHITO KOYASU
Still honestly holding out for Shingo vs Sakura Kasugano...
As for the Iori thing, at the end of XI, he (Post Saisyu Training btw.) and Kyo had to hold off a RotB Iori. Shingo took a far worse beating than Kyo did and unlike Kyo, remained conscious for all of it.
He'd Shingo Kick Sakuras' damn head off but it's probably my most wanted, reasonable MUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back