• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways after a fun season that was S8
we now start the new year and getting ready for the new season of DB which will start in March
while the season doesn't have a theme Ben has mentioned they'll be focusing on bringing on New Franchises some being out there and Ultraguy even reassuring They'll be tons of new stuff in S9

now obviously it isn't new given DB does this every year, but it seems this season going to have more emphasis on it

I can't guess on who they'll bring in but so far, we got three new ones like Demon Slayer, League of Legends and Akira via the teasers so let's see what franchises DB could bring in as
e532d39e7398281160391a1b18b91b37.jpg
d7baj2t-b75dbc17-1fed-4d41-810b-87589842a467.jpg

737547465_preview_Pm3UVdd.png
If Touhou gets in, its either Sakuya or Reimu that'll be the first rep. If its Sakuya, given there's only one opponent anyone on the team's shown interest for, it'll be Hit she faces, which means a solid potential for a loss for Touhou in their first match. If its Reimu, its practically a guaranteed W since her most requested opp is Yusuke if I remember right.

ToS's only rep I can see getting in is Lloyd.

Lloyd vs Isaac from Golden Sun is getting popular.

Lloyd vs Isaac is at least an interesting idea

Also I bring up ToS as an example for the entire Tales series. Characters like Emil/Sorey/Luke/Velvet at least have options (I'm not as familiar with the last two, despite looking to play Abyss).

Also it's criminal that we don't have pages for DotNW, but that's only something I'd mention, so...

ylybzv1rsho51.jpg

Pros:
  • Best MU for both
  • Introduced a new franchise like Trigun
  • Both characters arsenal and abilities can play off each other very well
  • Banter can be fun with Vash goofy/serious personality along with Vincent Over dramatic edgy one
  • Music score could be neat mix of Trigun and Final Fantasy
  • Animation Potential is high
Cons:
  • May still have some who would want Vincent fighting shadow
  • May not be high up in requests

ylybzv1rsho51.jpg

Pros:
  • Best MU for both
  • Banter can be fun with Vash goofy/serious personality along with Vincent Over dramatic edgy one
Cons:
Who would win?

ylybzv1rsho51.jpg

Pros:
  • Best MU for both
Cons:
I’m in favor of this TBH

Yeah. When to announce that. By the time I write this time should be just past 09:12 NYT Jan 1 2022.

Giveaway for one free battle track song commission (and track art) from Brandon Yates at a later date. All submissions must have a valid email address. No more than two (2) reference tracks per submission. One submission per person. The winner will be decided New Year's Day, 2022. Winner will be put in the queue behind all paid commissions at time of decision.
By the time I write this time should be just past 19:07 NYT Jan 1 2022.

Also

Also, when will the 5 chosen pieces of works be announced...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back