• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trigun God Tier Attack Potency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this'll be my second to last CRT for Trigun, and after this it'll be the speed section. For that I still need several calculations made for the speed, so instead I'll tackle the AP & tiering portion despite it being perhaps the most controversial CRT of the verse.

New tiers and scaling

Now this is where the fun starts!

5-B should be removed, yes the Angel Arm is stated to be able to blow the planet up, however there's some issues here.

1: The size of Gunsmoke is many times bigger than the Earth, the Planet has several moons that are bigger than Ark Knives who has type 4-5 Large size. However the issue is that unless we have a calc to determine the size of Gunsmoke / No Man's Land then we can't find a proper value and using the size of Earth is also inherently wrong.

2: The Angel Arm doesn't have a lot of use in the verse and is ultimately seen as something that isn't very important in the later arcs due them having scaling that'll yield way above tier 5. There's a reason why Plants like Knives don't even use the Angel Arm and instead uses his hax abilities and the energy of hundreds of comparable Plants.

I'd say the only 5-B scaling for them should be their base forms since the Angel Arm isn't much of a transformation but rather a weapon they can use at any time, and they can tank the recoil of the Blast.

Now we get into the spicy part of the CRT! What tier should Knives and Vash be?

Knives and Vash should be scaled to either Low 4-C, possibly higher or Low 2-C. Yes you heard me correctly.

The Evidence for said tiers.

Yet again, this is controversial but still straightforward enough. We're outright given many statements of these 2 being vastly above tier 5.

Knives and his energy are directly stated to be superior to the energy of a star. If a Star contained the amount of energy Knives contains then the Star would simply burn out. Meaning even stars can't contain Knives's vast pool of energy without dying.

Knives without even attacking was causing stars to shake, and Knives was going to "swallow" the stars.

Knives is stated to be an intergalactic threat to the entire milky way galaxy. Humans in Trigun have colonized the entire Milky Way Galaxy and are advanced enough to create the highest level of heat ever recorded in Reality, and are capable of travel between galaxies. Knives's existence alone is a threat to everyone in the Milky Way Galaxy, and before you say this is done by planet busting I'd say no.

The Angel Arm is capable of busting large planets like Gunsmoke in one shot and Knives doesn't even utilize it anymore. His range, power and speed increased dramatically to the point where he doesn't even consider using the Canon anymore. That being said, it's clear that this statement isn't referring to overtime destruction.

Next is Low 2-C Justifications. In Trigun the Lost Plant, there is a newborn Plant who is stated to be able to destroy the universe and recreate the Big Bang to make a new Universe as a whole. Vash ends up sniping this new Plant to an empty sub-space, where it proceeded to do exactly what it said. Also Plants manipulate Space-Time on a 4-D scale so this explosion would have also created a Universal+ Space-Time.

2 things to note for scaling here, Vash was able to overpower this Low 2-C Black Hole with his own Black Hole Bullets casually, then said Plant is directly stated to be special like Vash and Knives, both of who are the only completely Independent Plants in the verse barring the new Plant in this Manga. Independent Plants are the strongest Plants in the verse, and there are 3 in existence. Vash, Knives and this one.

And there's also the fact that Knives wanted to effect the entire Universe, not just the planet.

TL;DR: Vash and Knives are in need for some serious upgrades. At bare minimum they should be High 4-C and have Low 2-C scaling options. Ark Knives remains the strongest character in verse due to him absorbing hundreds to possibly thousands of other Plants.

Last edited:
Nothing looks outta place here. Seems fine at a glance.
Rad! Question out of curiosity since I wouldn't wanna assign the wrong tier. What would shaking several stars be rated as? Or should I just use tier 2 as the solid rating?

Hmm I'll say the intergalactic threat thing can still be overtime in my honest opinion, however if they are treated as the same as the other plant I don't see a problem with Low 2-C but was time stated to be a thing when creating the universe because we give standard universe creation and destruction 3-A unless time is effected on that scale. The plants being able to manipulate time doesn't mean it was going to effect time, unless evidence is provided that they naturally effect space and time by default with their attacks I'm not 100% on Low 2-C. Although it seems majority are in favor.

Regardless, I'm fine with the Low 2-C upgrade either way but I would like to ask do they have any anti feats? Such as being defeated by much less or being unable to do something that they should have been able to if they were Low 2-C?

Hmm I'll say the intergalactic threat thing can still be overtime in my honest opinion,
That's certainly a possibility but it's not likely. If it were done overtime then the other civilizations would have time to try to stop him, however Knives's was considered an immediate threat hence why all of humanity throughout the galaxy came to stop him.
however if they are treated as the same as the other plant I don't see a problem with Low 2-C but was time stated to be a thing when creating the universe because we give standard universe creation and destruction 3-A unless time is effected on that scale. The plants being able to manipulate time doesn't mean it was going to effect time, unless evidence is provided that they naturally effect space and time by default with their attacks I'm not 100% on Low 2-C. Although it seems majority are in favor.
Plants by default manipulate space-time and various other things. Non Independent Plants cannot destroy things, they're only capable of production. Independent Plants can both create and destroy, if your skeptical on my words which is understandable you can refer to our Plant physiology page where it's explained. Essentially Plants always create and manipulate Space-Time, causality, etc.

Only difference is that Non Independent Plants only do it on a small scale, Independent Plants are capable of the same but on a much greater and larger scale.
Regardless, I'm fine with the Low 2-C upgrade either way but I would like to ask do they have any anti feats? Such as being defeated by much less or being unable to do something that they should have been able to if they were Low 2-C?
Nah actually like Knives was laughing at humanity's attempts to even remotely give him issues. Every attempt they tried, Knives either tanked (Such as the strongest weapon humans have made, including a radioactive blast that created the temperature of Absolute Hot and was gonna burn the planet to a crisp.)

Vash has some "Anti-feats" in a way since he doesn't actively use his Plant powers due to his set of morals. Vash doesn't believe in killing, and he even purposely refuses to use even his Plant regeneration due to this reason. Basically Vash tries his best to feel human lol.

I literally went to read the chapter to be sure and idk
I don't see how he scales to it given he had to outright BFR to the sub space
Said BFR is a mini Black-hole that's made from his own powers. It sucked the Plant away meaning the Plant was overpowered in the exchange like how I said in the OP.

Would anyone here be willing to apply the changes? I'm still trying to resolve the login issue but it's doubtful it'll get fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back