• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Reimu have multiple personality disorder
When did Reimu have multiple personalities?

I remember Lucy (Elfen Lied) has multiple personalities - the whole story is about the three personalities fighting over the same body. Can the same be said for Reimu? Or is Miss Hakurei just having limbo clones?

Speaking of mental problems, I remember

Crash has autism
Donald Duck was said to have PTSD
Red Hood was shown to have PTSD from a powerful wrench/crowbar attack
Storm suffered slightly from claustrophobia

Otherwise iirc I do not see recent Death Battle calling characters to have mental problems, lesser to insult then on it. They called Caboose "(really x 7) dumb" for the worst.

Last edited:
20211229_173611.jpg

Damn Wiz straight up called Michelangelo the r word back in the TMNT Battle Royale
He also called Crash autistic
Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion to the trilogy of Wiz being a ******* asshole about mental illnesses when they cover Reimu and make a very insulting comparison to DID because of the whole god summoning/multiple personalities thing.

The multiple personalities thing is real btw, I just don't trust them to talk about it in a respectful manner.

As an autistic person, I didn't mind Wiz theorizing Crash as autistic, the only problem was that it should've been made clear it was a theory/headcanon so people don't take it as fact, especially since Ben isn't a psychiatrist.

Also, the trifecta of "Wiz being a dick about mental illnesses" was already completed when you remember that he called Pinkie Pie as "spaz/spastic" back then.

When did Reimu have multiple personality disorder
When did Reimu have multiple personalities?

I remember Lucy (Elfen Lied) has multiple personalities - the whole story is about the three personalities fighting over the same body. Can the same be said for Reimu? Or is Miss Hakurei just having limbo clones?
Silent Sinner in Blue has her saying that whenever she summons a god, they inhabit her body and act as an alternate personality. I've seen a few people compare this to DID (we have it listed as Multiple Selves on her profile, which is somewhat adjacent), so DB might play armchair psychologist again and make that comparison as well.
unknown.png

As an autistic person, I didn't mind Wiz theorizing Crash as autistic, the only problem was that it should've been made clear it was a theory/headcanon so people don't take it as fact, especially since Ben isn't a psychiatrist.

Also, the trifecta of "Wiz being a dick about mental illnesses" was already completed when you remember that he called Pinkie Pie as "spaz/spastic" back then.
Oh, I forgot about that. In any case, I think it's best if DB stays far away from any discussion of mental health considering their track record.

Silent Sinner in Blue has her saying that whenever she summons a god, they inhabit her body and act as an alternate personality. I've seen a few people compare this to DID (we have it listed as Multiple Selves on her profile, which is somewhat adjacent), so DB might play armchair psychologist again and make that comparison as well.
unknown.png
Having the ability to call upon gods to borrow power by letting them taking control of a body.

This sounds more like the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V or Yuta Hibiki from SSSS Gridman or Kamen Rider Den-O or Alien X. This is definitely more a power than a psychological disorder. Some may have better comparisons or analogies but you get my point.

Last edited:
How would that fight even work? They’d just stare at each other forever wouldn’t they?
If I remember right 173 can produce an incredibly potent acid and the weeping angels can summon a mist to obscure vision. I don't know if they can do it while being watched though.

A fight between SCP-173 and the Weeping Angels can't really be done in the traditional death battle way. Given how both characters act it would probably have to focus on the horror aspects of both instead of action. That's partly why it's my most wanted SCP match, if they pull it off it could probably be one of my favorites.
So besides 682 and 096, who else could show up?
from SCP exclusively:

Somewhat confident they'll get in eventually:
Dr. Clef
Dr. Kondraki
Doctor Wondertainment
The Scarlet King

Pretty low chance of ever getting in:
2241 / Cameron the Crusader
3143 / Murphey Law
Dr. Bright
Iris Thompson / 105
Any other SCP god

Feed Muzan to Kars instead, more thematic anyway.
Match Meruem against Kars instead, more thematic anyway.

How does this site handle Archie vs Wally? Last thread on that I checked was a mess.

Plus there's Strange, who isn't divided between Classic and Modern on this site.
Now we have.

Also, Strange summoning more powerful gods are being treated as external help and kinda sucks under Death Battle rules.

Hot Take: The biggest hurdle of introducing SCP Foundation to Death Battle is to distinguish a collaborative writing wiki project with CC Attribution / Share-Alike 3.0 from a fan fiction.

And to be honest... there are a lot of franchises with definitive copyright owners who have yet to come to Death Battle. And, according to the crew, will be much easier to research on (added to the fact that most of these franchises have official arts).

Last edited:
I don't think a single character can come close to how bad they treated Mikey.
Hating on him, his weapon and having him treated as fodder among his equals (which mattered in the result too)
It's what he deserved for not being a complete Chad like the others.

I agree, along with being straight up called a slur---early DB was just out for his blood for no reason.

Speaking of Touhou, which I know the lore and what story there is only through osmosis, how does it statistically have the most Rule 34 of any IP in Internet history yet is still considered a "niche" or "underground" series? It's like calling Lemon Demon "niche", like no, he may have been at one point but he's definitely mainstream now albeit marginally.
I'd say its a regional thing. Touhou is astronomically popular in the East, not so much in the West. So for Westerners, and for an overall Western Vs Show, Touhou would be quite the niche choice.

If it's still in the topic of characters' / series to appear on DB, I'll take a few stabs at a mixture of ones I'd like to see, ones I definitely expect, and ones we COULD get

Touhou and SCP are very firmly in the possible category, especially if they want to do "out there" pics. They're pretty versus cemented franchises, would bring a lot new to the show, and have never been touched before.

John Wick could show up in all honesty, with John Wick 4 coming out next year and them having done a DBC with him once or twice, I could see him finally getting a shot.

Omni-Man is almost certain to show, I see no way he wont.

I think Yakuza has a pretty good shot at getting a combatant, due to the series' massive rise in popularity over the past few years, and it being an entirely combat oriented series. I'm pretty sure any franchise you could pit a Yakuza character against would also end up introducing a new franchise in the process.

I think there's a very good likelihood Simon v Kyle could end up being this season's finale, so that'd introduce Gurren Lagaan. Not sure why I've got such a strong feeling about it, but I've just got the vibe.

I'd say its a regional thing. Touhou is astronomically popular in the East, not so much in the West. So for Westerners, and for an overall Western Vs Show, Touhou would be quite the niche choice.
Well said.
Just for insight: despite the small scale of Team Shanghai Alice, Touhou Project is a franchise with a definitive copyright owner. This means an official set of game and novel and manga and music and other literature works. Making it far easier to research.

Speaking of characters from new franchises... (Beside Jinx, Tetsuo, Predator/Prophet, Tanjiro) I see Simon the Digger, Raidou Kuzunoha, Amaterasu, some Saint Seiya character, perhaps PMMM character, even perhaps
Miraculous Ladybug (with Randy Cunningham - please no Spider-Man), Shantae (with returning Shovel Knight or Filia Medici) and Monika (with Miyuki Sone) coming. Also, John Wick (vs Agent 47?), Omni-Man vs Bardock and Brendon Beyer? VS Homelander (I hear that since Omni-Man vs Homelander was somehow a CDB)... Perhaps Neo vs Kirito or even Neo vs Joker (while sacrificing Gioker... which... I try to stay neutral on this with regards to quite a lot of vocal fan request)

Oh and a slight chance of Satoru Gojo vs Makima but I am sure they would only air this at a much later time. So is Nami vs Weather Report and any matchup with whatever JJBA SO cast.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion to the trilogy of Wiz being a ******* asshole about mental illnesses when they cover Reimu and make a very insulting comparison to DID because of the whole god summoning/multiple personalities thing.

The multiple personalities thing is real btw, I just don't trust them to talk about it in a respectful manner.
Isn't the trilogy already concluded tho? In DP vs PP Wiz called Pinkie spastic, tho from what i know this word is considered a slur mostly in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back