• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read Reverse Flash and New Years and this is all I could imagine:

Eobard would use the speedforce to **** up your perception of time somehow and make you miss the countdown to the new year by a second or two.
My joke's on him, perception of time's already ******.

Not only due to me not viewing time linearly, but also the days are blurring together sometimes and it's hard to tell yesterday from tomorrow.

So recapping for those nor aware
Ben said they been working on S9 for a little while
New writers and directors coming on
No gimmick for S9
Exploring several new franchise,some of which are "out there"
Ultraguy further implying and backing Ben's comments that they'll be alot new franchises in S9
20 episodes for it
Starts in March
To assume everything in the tab is correct

Ben said they been working on S9 for a little while - Expected
New writers and directors coming on - Good. But does that mean old ones are leaving or is the whole crew expanding.
No gimmick for S9 - eh
Exploring several new franchise, some of which are "out there" - good to hear, shall see what actually turns out
Ultraguy further implying and backing Ben's comments that they'll be alot new franchises in S9 - nice
20 episodes for it + Starts in March - is that a bit rushed? Or does that mean DBX will be truncated or... I mean, assuming Death Battle Season 9 premieres on 1 March, this will mean we only airs 10 episodes by 5 July and assuming that 20 December airs the 20th season 9 episode, the 11th episode will have to air on 16 August. Meaning there will be only a 5 week mid-season break. I cannot imagine how hard DBX will be chopped. Oh that short break can barely air a 5-episode Death Race.

Last edited:
Given the way Saikou's going at it, I smell a downgrade thread coming in the future for infinite speed Touhou on this site.
They'll have to completely change the way we look at feats of crossing infinite distances to do that.

Plus, the last staff thread on the matter came about as a result of the 2hu infinite speed upgrade, and they agreed not to touch the standards from what I remember.

My joke's on him, perception of time's already ******.

Not only due to me not viewing time linearly, but also the days are blurring together sometimes and it's hard to tell yesterday from tomorrow.
Just for ideas: will you wish a Flash be killed in a Death Battle? Will Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi be a good option? Or will we need a twist like Gorilla Grodd vs Mojo Jojo?

Given the way Saikou's going at it, I smell a downgrade thread coming in the future for infinite speed Touhou on this site.
An upgrade thread for Touhou Project turning into a downgrade thread will be super entertaining and educative.
Going by the logic... I start to wonder if we would have a downgrade thread for Blazblue and Megami Tensei.

Well I wonder if Death Battle will make Touhou gods about 10% to 20% as fast as non-god tier legendary Pokémon (by comparing Reimu flying at TH01~05 to Lunala and Sogaleo flying at PKM gen 7)

Just for ideas: will you wish a Flash be killed in a Death Battle? Will Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi be a good option? Or will we need a twist like Gorilla Grodd vs Mojo Jojo?
With all the bullshit Castlevania has, Death vs Black Flash may be a possible Flash L, though I doubt it.

If they ever become totally creatively bankrupt and do Flash vs Silver Surfer, maybe the Power Cosmic has enough bullshit to counter the speed force?

Although it's never gonna be an episode (And frankly I don't even really want it to be an episode. GV has far better, and Thawne's had his 2nd best. Plus his best, Terumi, has better), Blade Strangers Gunvolt could definitely stalemate Thawne since he can't really do shit about the Modes bringing GV back and saving him from any Speed Force BFR.

I think Homura is just strong enough to beat Zolomon, espesially since he died before the dimensional tiering brought by Post-Flashpoint for the speed force became a thing, and I don't think he can be argued to scale to Barry or Wally with the entire Speed Force as much as Thawne can (Which is a shame because Zolomon's based)

Honestly, although the Speed Force can be annoying, Thawne's the only Flash I outright dislike due to how much of a villain sue he is sometimes (Especially his most recent death) and how he partially represents many of the issues with Flash and the Speed Force himself. Flash was always one of my favorite heroes as a kid, so maybe that has something to do with my hate boner for Eobard with how he's almost always gotten away with all the shit he's done almost totally scott-free. IDK though.

We're all forgetting the real wincon Harley has:

unknown.png

Having finished P5R yesterday, I came up with this:

Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga) vs Takuto Maruki (Persona 5 Royal)
Track Name: From Adam To Mary (Or whatever that would be in Latin or German)

Shion_Uzuki_vs_Takuto_Maruki.png

• Both are running commentaries on the psychiatry of their respective worlds. Shion helping VECTOR with KOS-MOS / The Zohar Project, and having her own... questionable mental state, whereas Maruki is effectively the pioneer of Cognitive Psience off the back of Wakaba Isshki, and wants to go through with the actualisation because of his own trauma regarding Rumi and the people that shat on him for the prospect of his research.
  • This relation is also its own contrast in a sense. Look at Sumire's arc, and tell me there isn't a version of Shion's character that wouldn't end up as one of Maruki's victims.
  • Both characters are buffers for the greatest god tiers in their respective universes. Shion ends up as the Maiden of Mary in no small part due to the pendant Kevin gave her, while Azatoth/Adam Kadmon are Maruki's Personas, and occurred to him as a result of his research into the Metaverse.
  • Needless to say, both have also suffered the greatest losses in their lives. Shion saw Kevin die right in front of her eyes, only for him to return a Testament (I'm not getting into the 'abusive ex' angle here, that's for the Saga retrospective), whereas (again) Rumi's memory was effectively scrubbed by Azatoth, leaving her the same as 'dead' in Maruki's life.
  • Both end their arcs having 'moved on', Shion on the search for Lost Jerusalem having accepted Kevin's second death after defeating Wilhelm and suppressing Zarathustra (and hooking up with Allen), and Maruki, after the collapse of his Palace becoming... a taxi driver, of all things.
  • Both are 1-C range depending on how much you want to wank these characters, or how much you buy the verses are that powerful.

• Both are running commentaries on the psychiatry of their respective worlds. Shion helping VECTOR with KOS-MOS / The Zohar Project, and having her own... questionable mental state, whereas Maruki is effectively the pioneer of Cognitive Psience off the back of Wakaba Isshki, and wants to go through with the actualisation because of his own trauma regarding Rumi and the people that shat on him for the prospect of his research.
  • This relation is also its own contrast in a sense. Look at Sumire's arc, and tell me there isn't a version of Shion's character that wouldn't end up as one of Maruki's victims.
  • Both characters are buffers for the greatest god tiers in their respective universes. Shion ends up as the Maiden of Mary in no small part due to the pendant Kevin gave her, while Azatoth/Adam Kadmon are Maruki's Personas, and occurred to him as a result of his research into the Metaverse.
  • Needless to say, both have also suffered the greatest losses in their lives. Shion saw Kevin die right in front of her eyes, only for him to return a Testament (I'm not getting into the 'abusive ex' angle here, that's for the Saga retrospective), whereas (again) Rumi's memory was effectively scrubbed by Azatoth, leaving her the same as 'dead' in Maruki's life.
  • Both end their arcs having 'moved on', Shion on the search for Lost Jerusalem having accepted Kevin's second death after defeating Wilhelm and suppressing Zarathustra (and hooking up with Allen), and Maruki, after the collapse of his Palace becoming... a taxi driver, of all things.
  • Both are 1-C range depending on how much you want to wank these characters, or how much you buy the verses are that powerful.
Maruki is to be 1A on this site soon. Although few outside the site will take that.

Maruki is to be 1A on this site soon. Although few outside the site will take that.

I was about to say, a good majority of versions of this fight Maruki kinda stomps (through I'm still trying to wrap my head around dimensionality knowing this site treats anything about High 3-A as 'infinite').

If Shion had any mental protections, stuff like The Encephalon, U-DO and the RLS time travel bullshit wouldn't have any emphasis in Saga's plot. And Maruki being able to dupe the Phantom Thieves for the longest time went beyond even that.

I was about to say, a good majority of versions of this fight Maruki kinda stomps (through I'm still trying to wrap my head around dimensionality knowing this site treats anything about High 3-A as 'infinite').

If Shion had any mental protections, stuff like The Encephalon, U-DO and the RLS time travel bullshit wouldn't have any emphasis in Saga's plot. And Maruki being able to dupe the Phantom Thieves for the longest time went beyond even that.
Well Maruki is one great support to the Phantom Thieves to the point P5S would cease to exist if it were not for him.

Well Ren Amamiya is 1-A on this site already why is Takuto Maruki not a 1-A by being actually fighting against Joker for an extended time.

I have heard that someone is trying to work on rebuilding Xenosaga pages and retiering the characters so maybe, just maybe, if the wishes of some may come true, Shion and KOS-MOS and co might be upgraded to 1-A and Wave Existence (plus EOS KOS-MOS) will be upgraded to High 1-A. This is not getting done anytime soon though.

From the DBW
Magneto has Tetsuo Shima already (and the fan music cover does not look like Magneto vs Tetsuo Shima)
Mind asking what this mu is about?

2.5(?) days before the scheduled (?) announcement of the Let's Go Brandon experiment and the Christmas free gift by Brandon.

Speaking of Touhou, which I know the lore and what story there is only through osmosis, how does it statistically have the most Rule 34 of any IP in Internet history yet is still considered a "niche" or "underground" series? It's like calling Lemon Demon "niche", like no, he may have been at one point but he's definitely mainstream now albeit marginally.

Speaking of Touhou, which I know the lore and what story there is only through osmosis, how does it statistically have the most Rule 34 of any IP in Internet history yet is still considered a "niche" or "underground" series? It's like calling Lemon Demon "niche", like no, he may have been at one point but he's definitely mainstream now albeit marginally.
Look, maybe to coomers and Shoot'em up players 2hou isn't niche, but to normal people i'd say it's not that well known
And the majority of 2hou R34 is made by people from Japan, you know, the country in which Touhou originated and is probably most popular, so this is like saying Saint Seiya isn't niche, it technically isn't in alot of countries, but to people from US it is niche

Last edited:
Look, maybe to coomers and Shoot'em up players 2hou isn't niche, but to normal people i'd say it's not that well known
And the majority of 2hou R34 is made by people from Japan, you know, the country in which Touhou originated and is probably most popular, so this is like saying Saint Seiya isn't niche, it technically isn't in alot of countries, but to people from US it is niche
Yeah I had no idea what Touhou was until Dio vs Sakuya, and even then it took a long ass time for me to ever even consider playing one of the games. Still on the first one, and Jesus these games are hard to get through (I'm referring to the difficulty, not the quality.)

• Both are 1-C range depending on how much you want to wank these characters, or how much you buy the verses are that ppowerful.
I can make a trailer for this if you want, I just found the song to use for Maruki when I gonna make a trailer for him, I just needed a decent character for him to fight.
I know someone else had a Maruki MU, but I cant find it now, so I'll try to do that one if I can't find it

I can make a trailer for this if you want, I just found the song to use for Maruki when I gonna make a trailer for him, I just needed a decent character for him to fight.
I know someone else had a Maruki MU, but I cant find it now, so I'll try to do that one if I can't find it

I'll race you mate.

Either that, or we can compare what we come out with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back