• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a little of this.

my-image.png

I think that's genuinely the biggest waste of potential a DB has ever had. My issues with the research or victory aside, the animation wasn't nearly long enough to cover any of the character's notable or cool abilities, they completely ****** up the potential usage of time or dimensional travel in cool ways, Sonic's oddly out of character in some lines, the destructive potential isn't capitalized on at all, a nonsensical fight finale, its very by the books for such a massive ******* MU. They didn't use either of the characters to even a bit of their fullest potential in what's probably my favorite Vs Matchup of all time and just ended up making one of the most underwhelming and rushed feeling episodes in show history imo, its one of my personal least favorite episodes on the show just through that alone.

If you're gonna do Archie v Wally please do it right, because otherwise it's a waste of an episode. I genuinely think the episode probably would've been better if they did it back in Season 2, when episodes were allowed to be longer and more experimental.
eh despite its issues i enjoyed it's one of the few episodes that i enjoy from last season fuckery

Ya not gonna get an episode that can cover most of a character respective arsenal especially in modern DB with budget and time restraints existing
didn't happen with Madara vs Aizen
Goku Black vs Reverse Flash
Po vs Iron Fist
and the list goes on
Certainly not asking for MOST of their arsenals, that'd be absurd, just for some cool footnotes. Ultimately we only really got basic stuff like the Speed Steal, Super Sonic (who's barely onscreen at all...)/Ultra Sonic, some basic phasing, fire/ice manip, a failed reality manip and some underutilized time travel. Hardly anything of note and honestly some of the least interesting shit the characters CAN do.

I would've much preferred if the fight was saved for later on as a potential finale or could've had more put into it, or just not had it at all honestly.

This comes from someone with very high expectations for the fight personally, so perhaps that's why I have far more issues with it and dislike it more than most, but I just unfortunately heavily dislike it and could probably go on for an eternity about it, so I'll cut it short here haha.

I forgot to give opinions on this. But I thought Madara vs Aizen was enjoyable despite me not knowing either characters or their series.

Animation and voice acting was great. Fight was fun overall. The soundtrack ******* SLAPS

Also now that I think about it for Popeye vs Saitama, narratively it's kinda better if Saitama loses ngl.

I'll give a tier list of my DB rankings for this season after the season ends

Certainly not asking for MOST of their arsenals, that'd be absurd, just for some cool footnotes. Ultimately we only really got basic stuff like the Speed Steal, Super Sonic/Ultra Sonic, some basic phasing, fire/ice manip, a failed reality manip and some underutilized time travel. Hardly anything of note and honestly some of the least interesting shit the characters CAN do.

I would've much preferred if the fight was saved for later on as a potential finale or could've had more put into it, or just not had it at all honestly.
This comes from someone with very high expectations for the fight personally, so perhaps that's why I have far more issues with it and dislike it more than most, but I just unfortunately heavily dislike it and could probably go on for an eternity about it, so I'll cut it short here haha.

I can understand can't blame ya gripes about it probably would've better saved for s8 but eh maybe in another universe it happened
still enjoyed at least

anyways...
Untitled_design_3.png
Violently coping guys help me find other good MUs for him lol. I think Kasen will permanently stand as his best MU because of the connections, the fact its relatively close besides a few key aspects, and the insanely good potential for a fight & banter, but I'd like to know some other guys to throw Fleetway Sonic at. Arcueid is kinda thematic to my knowledge and would be a cool fight but is very stompy and less close than Kasen. Sonic X Sonic/Dark Sonic only really counts for also being a similar concept in a different Sonic continuity, but its also a hard Fleetway stomp iirc.

(Excuse the low quality I slapped it together quickly)
Dark Sonic is kinda eh espeically when he had like a few minutes of screen time and ****** off after

anyways...

Dark Sonic is kinda eh espeically when he had like a few minutes of screen time and ****** off after
oh yeah it's VERY meh MU wise, which is why its the lowest down. It's only up where it is because I think Sonic X Sonic v Fleetway Sonic is a kinda cute mirror match that ends with two evil Sonic's fighting, but its the least interesting MU so far.

OK, but seriously, Dark MegaMan.EXE is the best Fleetway Super Sonic MU.

Evil versions of popular heroes that only exist in one canon, and are also the dark sides of the heroes brought out by a certain object (The Chaos Emeralds and the Dark Chips).

FleetwaySuperSonicVsDarkMegamanEXE.jpg
Hm, looking at his page this definitely seems like the closest MU since Kasen. The connections seem decent as well. This would probably replace Arcueid's spot on my template.

I still prefer Kasen, but this one's a pretty good one.

Oh, what's that sound? Is that something indicating the time? What time is it? Oh, it appears to be Puyo Puyo time. And, this seems a fitting enough matchup since we're on the topic of evil Sonics.

TheTrueCopy.jpg

Metal Sonic vs Doppelganger Arle
(Sonic the Hedgehog vs Puyo Puyo)​
  • Although replicas of the main protagonists of Sonic and Puyo Puyo are a common trope in both series, these two stand out as the "Main" ones, starring as the main antagonist of a major game in the franchise (Sonic Heroes and Puyo Puyo~n) and being the main, if not only, representative of the trope in later games.​
  • In said game, both manipulated all the characters from the shadows, even manipulating the usual main antagonists of the series (Metal Sonic shapeshifting to appear as Eggman and Doppelganger Arle brainwashing Satan), before fighting the main hero alongside a group of their friends, though is ultimately defeated. Coincidentally, these plots involved kidnapping a small animal with a relation to a gemstone (Froggie and Carbunkle)​
  • Both believe themselves to be the true version of the hero, wanting to kill them because of that.​
Probably the best Metal Sonic matchup. It's certainly leagues above Metal vs Junior. The only real issue I can think of is that Doppelganger Arle dosn't have a lot of footage to work with, and it probably being a stomp in Metal's favor if they use Metal Overlord (Which they would).

Goku Black literally had his time ring destroyed and got flipped off by Thawne then proceeded to get his body shredded across the Planet numerous times viciously then get yeeted to the sun so hard it exploded

All by the very species he despised
Wouldn't say he went out like a Boss
His death was akin Hulk in his fight against Doomsday
He did manage to kill Reverse Flash a few times in the animation. Him actually killing his opponent a few times automatically puts him above 90% of the losers in death battle, other than guys like Thanos who did the same.

Last edited:
I think the only major Non Marvel vs DC fights in which the opponent could take the win against a major herald are like, Archie Sonic vs Wally West, Simon v Kyle, and Raidou v Constantine, so after Archie got snubbed I'd imagine the push for Simon v Kyle increased a lot more as well, since DC's win streak continued. Now it's just those final two to get a win on DC.
Pegasus Seiya VS Shazam.

Tiering time, no image for you.

DC win is unbased but its still a Big Boy episode:
Goku Black vs RF

Great:
Yoda vs KM, Link vs Cloud, DIO vs Alucard, Madara vs Aizen

Good:
Shadow vs Ryuko, Batman vs IM

Its ok:
Steven vs Star, Korra vs Storm, Akuma vs Kahn, Heihachi vs Geese, Lex vs Doom, Blake vs Mikasa

Genuinely disappointed how it turned out:
IF vs Po

I would still rate it better than worst of S7:
MM vs KAM

Order not fully in place, some Great-Good eps could switch around.

Yoda vs KM was great, albeit it felt bit too much KH themed near end.

Shadow vs Ryuko is solid, early series Ryuko being only notable bad thing.

Lex vs Doom is so mixed. It has good parts and I can see great character moments, but MU was bad timed and it has some of the worst fight parts this season.

Heihachi vs Geese is just bit too slow.

Blake vs Mikasa mainly has bad frame rate. I guess lolRWBY but tbf, its not that bad.

IF vs Po is still disappointing. Worst OST and BAD fight choreography. Little to no good martial arts. If it was just goofy animated character fight, would be good, but Po not getting a good martial arts fight sucks ass.

Steven vs Star had missed potential via limited stuff but its fine.

Link vs Cloud 2, yeah Link's analysis was mostly ehh, bit too much FF themed near end.

Bats vs IM, really late for this to happen but pretty good.

Black vs RF, talking about stomps why the **** did they spoon feed DC an easy win? Still, objectively great fight.

MM vs KAM has been talked on its problems, but its still more fun than worst of last season.

DIO vs Alu, bad vibes due to Swan's bias, even if DIO wins he left a bad taste. But still, objectively very good fight.

Akuma vs Kahn, nowhere near as bad as some say it is. Look at Barb vs Gwen for bad SFM/Blender team fight.

Korra vs Storm, I dont care but its solid enough.

Madara vs Aizen, pretty fun, tho thank god Im not invested in their verses considering the fallout afterwards.

Untitled_design_3.png
Violently coping guys help me find other good MUs for him lol. I think Kasen will permanently stand as his best MU because of the connections, the fact its relatively close besides a few key aspects, and the insanely good potential for a fight & banter, but I'd like to know some other guys to throw Fleetway Sonic at. Arcueid is kinda thematic to my knowledge and would be a cool fight but is very stompy and less close than Kasen. Sonic X Sonic/Dark Sonic only really counts for also being a similar concept in a different Sonic continuity, but its also a hard Fleetway stomp iirc.

(Excuse the low quality I slapped it together quickly)

Preliminary look: When in this form, Sonic is furious, violent, vengeful, and very determined to eliminate his target, to the point where he can potentially overexert himself and die.

Eh, I might have an idea... better MU than Kazuya, perhaps.

ID2_waifu2x_art_noise2_scale_tta_1.png

Id (Xenogears)

• One of these forms has an obsession with 'destroying everything'
  • Both are alternate personalities of the main character (Citan just outright states that Fei has DiD)
  • Both can be interpreted as amps to a base

Beyond that, I'm not familiar with Fleetway Sonic, but it's food for thought.

Can Hela defeat Thor by Death Battle standings tho? We have had Naruto vs Ichigo and Madara vs Aizen.

The near universal dislike of MachoAids is appreciated, so sad that such a fun idea for a joke fight got so expertly wasted
Likely the crew would not perceive the same way though, given its like ratio is still higher than many other matchups.

New calculated feats for Popeye.

The tweet is not available as Brandon Yates stops the poll early. So someone needs to wait for the next time
Like he needs to pay for the bills but he needs more time to do the job and he needs to prioritise. Understandable.

And the price tags of the music (as some know already) has been raised to US$240 for standard length instrumental track (3:00-3:59 duration), +US$50 for one minute longer (making a total of 4:00-4:59 duration), far higher with custom vocalist(s) and instrumentalist(s). Custom Track Art included.

You know S9 will have that one "out there" MU that most never saw coming right? I'm actually looking forward to it since with Saitama Vs Popeye and King Mickey (KH) Vs Yoda (EU) anything is possible.

Korra - 21.26 Gigatons

Storm - At least 539.58 Exatons

A 25,380,071,004.7 times difference, making Storm billions of times stronger at minimum. Though they mentioned higher feats for Storm that weren’t calced.
Storm quite literally breathes in Korra's general direction and it's all over lol!

Still glad DB did the MU tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back