• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyways

Idk how it's bad because it's a free win I'm sick of folks looking at that giving they genuinely wanted to do that fight
And Shadow practically felt pain when Ryuko send him flying to his motorcycle it became a one when when he took off his inhabitior ring's to overpower her strongest attack
They got the scaling for her strongest attack wrong and it bothers me for reasons. It's depicted as this nearly the size of the earth for some reason. Ryuko acts out of character. Theres no trash talk.
Also vs is comprised of stomps this ******* site has to equalize speed just to make shit remotely debatable CAuse otherwise most fights ends with character X Hax+Speed blitz or AP+Speed blitz or just all of the above

Bitching about DB doing stomps is utterly stupid
I just I get a little heated about the ep in general ok. Like ryuko as a character a lot. Shadow is cool but God he got 3 episodes. One vs vegeta is actually pretty funny still and the other is the worst episode of the show.
Couldn't have remade mewtwo vs shadow again? Had to have a fight with venom and crona. God venom and crona is such a lame ep. Matches with history my ass. I've never seen debates for ryuko vs shadow ever before that episode existed.

Goku Black literally had his time ring destroyed and got flipped off by Thawne then proceeded to get his body shredded across the Planet numerous times viciously then get yeeted to the sun so hard it exploded

All by the very species he despised
Wouldn't say he went out like a Boss
His death was akin Hulk in his fight against Doomsday
He got crashed into the sun like a boss

Ryuko acts out of character. Theres no trash talk.
Idk see how she was OOC outside one line and she trash talked him when they sword clash

God he got 3 episodes. One vs vegeta is actually pretty funny still and the other is the worst episode of the show.
Couldn't have remade mewtwo vs shadow again? Had to have a fight with venom and crona. God venom and crona is such a lame ep.
Vs Vegeta while Banter is still great is nothing special
Mewtwo vs Shadow wasn't highly requested of a redo it's just a random MU in comparison to other MU especially ones bigger than it
At best maybe a DBX rematch of it to give it justice
Sadly Venom vs Crona was a popular MU according to Ben

Idk see how she was OOC outside one line and she trash talked him when they sword clash
not caring about senketsu getting hurt
senketsu not screaming when he dies as well as when ryuko dies
telling him to shut up not acknowledging his advice
attempting murder because road rage (they gotta fight for some reason I guess)
This is end of series Ryuko right?
Star in her episode also acted like her season 1 self though. I wasn't asking for much maybe more swearing. More blood as ryuko bleeds a lot... More let's do this senkets! Some speed tornados. Berserk ryuko... Etc etc. But it seemed everybody else just wanted sayonara to be said once.

Now that I think about it while Hulk first death was brutal and great i also hate how World breaker Hulk was just fodderized towards the end
Like yeah had some offense and stomped on Doomsday forcing him to regenerate but dude proceeded to get stomped afterwards

This is end of series Ryuko right?
Star in her episode also acted like her season 1 self though. I wasn't asking for much maybe more swearing. More blood as ryuko bleeds a lot... More let's do this senkets! Some speed tornados. Berserk ryuko... Etc etc. But it seemed everybody else just wanted sayonara to be said once.
I mean budget,time restraints etc are gonna be a bitch in alot of fights hell Madara vs Aizen had alot of stuff cut from there fight
I can understand from what your saying I can't blame ya we all wanted more from alot of fights on the show
1.Dont see much out of that one and don't see it being much of a big deal
2.he screamed her name when she got sent back to earth
3.that one was bad I agree

They got the scaling for her strongest attack wrong and it bothers me for reasons. It's depicted as this nearly the size of the earth for some reason. Ryuko acts out of character. Theres no trash talk.

I just I get a little heated about the ep in general ok. Like ryuko as a character a lot. Shadow is cool but God he got 3 episodes. One vs vegeta is actually pretty funny still and the other is the worst episode of the show.
Couldn't have remade mewtwo vs shadow again? Had to have a fight with venom and crona. God venom and crona is such a lame ep. Matches with history my ass. I've never seen debates for ryuko vs shadow ever before that episode existed.
Ryuko v Shadow has always been pretty popular, even if it was a little stompish. It got even more popular when the connection was officially acknowledged in one of the Sonic Twitter Takeovers when Shadow said Kill La Kill was his favorite anime. I don't think it's a terrible MU and I don't think the usage of Shadow for a 3rd episode is that bad when Shadow's episodes are a mixed bag. One is a Season 1 episode that has serious age and has very little appeal to people who don't like Dragonball Abridged, and the other is an easy contender for the Show's worst episode imo. I think Vincent Valentine would've been a better 3rd MU for Shadow connections wise, but Ryuko isn't bad either.

Realistically it was the only way Ryuko was gonna show up on the show either, unfortunately.

think Vincent Valentine would've been a better 3rd MU for Shadow connections wise, but Ryuko isn't bad either.

Realistically it was the only way Ryuko was gonna show up on the show either, unfortunately.
Vincent case was he was too recent him vs Shadow just gotten too popular around January-February when they had Shadow vs Ryuko planned last season

And yeah sadly Shadow was Ryuko best shot to get on the researchers and crew had to push for it to happen Ultraguy himself not to mention Ryuko other MU just wasn't strong on popularity even good outside like Crona and Masane

I mean budget,time restraints etc are gonna be a bitch in alot of fights hell Madara vs Aizen had alot of stuff cut from there fight
I can understand from what your saying I can't blame ya we all wanted more from alot of fights on the show
1.Dont see much out of that one and don't see it being much of a big deal
2.he screamed her name when she got sent back to earth
3.that one was bad I agree
I rewatched it just now. It's not as bad as I remember. Maybe it was the fact that shadow blocks so many of her attacks. Lands a lot more blows and destroys her best attack after just calling her a faker just ticked me off. Shadow gets hit a couple times due to them working together and her transformation before shadow transformed is the trillionth time a red flag has been waved because of it. Lmao shadow killing his waifu you would think he would like be praising her or something. Instead shadows default personality that has been stereotyped.

Last edited:
Honestly rewatching Blake vs Mikasa maybe I was just too harsh on it
Like it ain't good but it's honestly a 6 in my eyes now
Mikasa custom model is still ass tho and Blake is literally has no character in it and just felt more of an obstacle
Shit Link had more oomph to him and more charisma and they just rescued old line fore him
Meanwhile they couldn't even do that right with Blake

My only major issues with Ryuko v Shadow is Ryuko's weird characterization, the sound design, and some mild animation jank at times. Otherwise it has some decent choreography, the fight escalates well, and the battle track is a fun callback to 2000s Sonic tracks with a KLK flair. Probably my favorite Sonic fight on the show because I can't think of a single other one I don't have major issues with, or just outright hate. Which sucks cause I just count this as a decent episode overall.

I considered it among the better ones IMO
So anyone wants to talk about Saitama vs Popeye
I think its one of the better ones this season, but as an overall show episode I'd consider it decent.

Which is pretty good overall since a good chunk of the series I'm mixed/passive on.

Also really looking forwards to Saitama vs Popeye ngl. I think it has a crazy amount of potential for an animation and could be incredibly fun. As a finale it'll be closer to All Might vs Might Guy in scale so it'll have to bank more on great choreography and inventive action/animation. There's a lot of fun potential here.

Personally hoping at some point Popeye will punch Saitama so hard that the animation style changes to the rubberhose style of Popeye, even if its for a brief segment.

Also the potential for character writing/interactions is really great, with both being able to respect each other for their strength (ala MightMight) and Saitama being able to finally experience the great fight he's always been looking for, and be able to die with a smile on his face sounds like a great character moment.

I'm not entirely against Saitama vs Popeye now I suppose, as I feel it's probably Saitama's best MU. I just think doing it NOW of all times is stupid as Saitama is likely to show more very soon and the episode would likely be outdated in the Saitama side of things.

I think animation is likely to switch between styles and the fight and soundtrack would likely be very good. And hey, even if Saitama loses, at least he'll get the one thing he's always wanted and dies a happy man.

I think the only major Non Marvel vs DC fights in which the opponent could take the win against a major herald are like, Archie Sonic vs Wally West, Simon v Kyle, and Raidou v Constantine, so after Archie got snubbed I'd imagine the push for Simon v Kyle increased a lot more as well, since DC's win streak continued. Now it's just those final two to get a win on DC.

Not to mention when people started actually looking into the MU beyond just "This character could beat the DC one genuinely" people started to see that the MU itself was rather cool.

I think the only major Non Marvel vs DC fights in which the opponent could take the win against a major herald are like, Archie Sonic vs Wally West, Simon v Kyle, and Raidou v Constantine, so after Archie got snubbed I'd imagine the push for Simon v Kyle increased a lot more as well, since DC's win streak continued. Now it's just those final two to get a win on DC.

Not to mention when people started actually looking into the MU beyond just "This character could beat the DC one genuinely" people started to see that the MU itself was rather cool.
tbh archie vs wally felt like a draw but they just didn't wanna say to the viewers "idk who wins lol"

Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi too

tbh archie vs wally felt like a draw but they just didn't wanna say to the viewers "idk who wins lol"
Yeah, it genuinely could've been a draw with what they presented, though I personally have a lot of belief Archie should've pulled the win overall considering what he had access to among other things.

I don't think it helped that their conclusion for the fight is imo one of the weakest and least convincing for why they think he has the win. They spend most of the conclusion with one of the most baffling and genuinely untrue "debunks" they've ever made for a Base Archie durability feat, and everything else feels like a footnote with little explanation. For a MU this big and with this much going into it, I think a 2 minute conclusion doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

Yeah, it genuinely could've been a draw with what they presented, though I personally have a lot of belief Archie should've pulled the win overall considering what he had access to among other things.

I don't think it helped that their conclusion for the fight is imo one of the weakest and least convincing for why they think he has the win. They spend most of the conclusion with one of the most baffling and genuinely untrue "debunks" they've ever made for a Base Archie durability feat, and everything else feels like a footnote with little explanation. For a MU this big and with this much going into it, I think a 2 minute conclusion doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.
Archie vs Wally needed a 30 minute episode

download.png

Archie vs Wally needed a 30 minute episode
I think that's genuinely the biggest waste of potential a DB has ever had. My issues with the research or victory aside, the animation wasn't nearly long enough to cover any of the character's notable or cool abilities, they completely ****** up the potential usage of time or dimensional travel in cool ways, Sonic's oddly out of character in some lines, the destructive potential isn't capitalized on at all, a nonsensical fight finale, its very by the books for such a massive ******* MU. They didn't use either of the characters to even a bit of their fullest potential in what's probably my favorite Vs Matchup of all time and just ended up making one of the most underwhelming and rushed feeling episodes in show history imo, its one of my personal least favorite episodes on the show just through that alone.

If you're gonna do Archie v Wally please do it right, because otherwise it's a waste of an episode. I genuinely think the episode probably would've been better if they did it back in Season 2, when episodes were allowed to be longer and more experimental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back