• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine, i guess
unknown.png
mind sending me the link

yeah not sure how to make the tier image look better either. oh well i don't really care. don't forget Brandon is probably going to do the commissions in the next hour or so!!

don't really see how Shadow vs Ryuko among the worst but folks opinions i guess
Personally for me, if there's anything to dislike about Shadow vs Ryuko is Shadow's voice actor and the mischaracterization of Ryuko during the fight. She literally wants to kill Shadow over him cutting her off in traffic, ******* Sasuke and Hiei had a better reason to fight. Not to mention, she also treats Senketsu like shit during the fight, which is the complete opposite of their relationship in the anime.
Despite all of that though, this didn't get in my way of enjoying the episode, after all the fight was good and the track is my second favorite of the season. And it really sucks how they treated Ryuko, but at least it's not something like in Shadow vs Mewtwo or TMNT battle royale.
Overall i'd say this episode has issues, but i wouldn't call it one of the worst in the season, we've got much shittier episodes this season.

I don't blame people for hating on MadAizen. It's shorter than the freaking korra fight and even though I have never watched or read Bleach, I can tell they did not portray Aizen correctly. From what I have seen, he seems like a calm dude, not a guy who gets angered easily. Janky animation start. Continuity errors. The song and the flashy effects keep it from being a total disaster.

Imo its just so much worse than all the other mediocre sprite fights, plus all of the hand drawn bits are traced and the person who drew them denies it
can't say i agree with can't see anything about that's worse than any other crappier sprite fights even at its worse it just average
Here's mine, i guess
unknown.png
KirbonicDB_Seasonrank.PNG

Here's mine lol.

Mickey vs Yoda seems pretty beloved so let me just specify: I have absolutely 0 interest in either franchise or characters and if anything find them a little funny. The animation was fine, only had slight jank, nothing about it could really get to me though.

I added a few more tabs. I honestly do not really hate Blake vs Mikasa, thought the fight was at the very least better animated than Akuma vs Kahn.
solid lists
Personally for me, if there's anything to dislike about Shadow vs Ryuko is Shadow's voice actor and the mischaracterization of Ryuko during the fight. She literally wants to kill Shadow over him cutting her off in traffic, ******* Sasuke and Hiei had a better reason to fight. Not to mention, she also treats Senketsu like shit during the fight, which is the complete opposite of their relationship in the anime.
Despite all of that though, this didn't get in my way of enjoying the episode, after all the fight was good and the track is my second favorite of the season. And it really sucks how they treated Ryuko, but at least it's not something like in Shadow vs Mewtwo or TMNT battle royale.
Overall i'd say this episode has issues, but i wouldn't call it one of the worst in the season, we've got much shittier episodes this season.
Outside one OOC line i don't see how she treated him like shit but I agree the reasoning was stupid and could've been better
It ain't perfect but I really don't see it being enough to say damn it's among the worst of the season just at best not ur type of thing/just no intrest in it
But anyways heres mine
my-image.png

Last edited:
Would animal on animal violence be too much for DB?
Like is Lockjaw vs Krypto kind of MUs automatically out of consideration? Not counting anthropomorphic animals like Looney Tunes, McGruff, Smoky, MLP etc.
I guess it depends? If it's household pets or cute animals then I can sorta see why it would kinda hurt to see them get invovled in a violent fight such as Rush, Yoshi, Weed and Chocobo but if it's a feral animal/fictional species like Rathalos, Deathclaw and Charizard then not really since they are naturally hardwired to fight and look intimidating as hell. Plus, most of the fictional animals have powers/skills and such so they aren't really defenseless.

One MU example is Mr. Kat VS Mr. Pickles. Sure both are household pets (cat and dog respectively) but both are nasty and vile, using their cute looks to deceive people and pack a crap ton of weapons and are not afraid to resort to murder. So seeing them fight isn't horrible because they villainous animals that are willing to fight to achieve their goals. Plus, Mr. Pickles is a violent series in of itself so it would fit DB well (aside from some...really taboo subject matter in there).

unknown.png

I don't feel like working on this any longer than I have to. Surprised I couldn't find more MUs to put here but whatever.

Yukari vs Magneto being an actually thematic MU is ******* cursed.
Nice.

Personally I think Medaka Kurokami can move one or two tier upwards.

Mind making a version with text only edition?

Macho man vs Kool aid man wasn't that bad to me. the different animation styles combined with how goofy it all was. Kool aid ressing Macho man. It had it's good parts. I however can't stand ryuko vs shadow. Felt like an waste of an ep. The only thing it did was make me hate shadow the hedgehog a bit. I like the character but handing him a free win just dumb. If it's gonna be a stomp ep make it a stomp ep don't have the animation try to make it look even close for a second. Like with goku black vs reverse flash. That episodes amazing probably the best in general.

Untitled_design_3.png
Violently coping guys help me find other good MUs for him lol. I think Kasen will permanently stand as his best MU because of the connections, the fact its relatively close besides a few key aspects, and the insanely good potential for a fight & banter, but I'd like to know some other guys to throw Fleetway Sonic at. Arcueid is kinda thematic to my knowledge and would be a cool fight but is very stompy and less close than Kasen. Sonic X Sonic/Dark Sonic only really counts for also being a similar concept in a different Sonic continuity, but its also a hard Fleetway stomp iirc.

(Excuse the low quality I slapped it together quickly)

Macho man vs Kool aid man wasn't that bad to me. the different animation styles combined with how goofy it all was. Kool aid ressing Macho man. It had it's good parts. I however can't stand ryuko vs shadow. Felt like an waste of an ep. The only thing it did was make me hate shadow the hedgehog a bit. I like the character but handing him a free win just dumb. If it's gonna be a stomp ep make it a stomp ep don't have the animation try to make it look even close for a second. Like with goku black vs reverse flash. That episodes amazing probably the best in general.
I mean the show has had several stomp episodes and free wins throughout the series, hell, there's arguably even worse ones in this season iirc. And a stomp episode for Shadow of all characters considering his previous treatment on the show isn't the worst thing imo. Having a stomp match be portrayed in the animation would make it much less fun to watch overall.

Untitled_design_3.png
Violently coping guys help me find other good MUs for him lol. I think Kasen will permanently stand as his best MU because of the connections, the fact its relatively close besides a few key aspects, and the insanely good potential for a fight & banter, but I'd like to know some other guys to throw Fleetway Sonic at. Arcueid is kinda thematic to my knowledge and would be a cool fight but is very stompy and less close than Kasen. Sonic X Sonic/Dark Sonic only really counts for also being a similar concept in a different Sonic continuity, but its also a hard Fleetway stomp iirc.

I think somebody said Fleetway Sonic unironically has connections with Broly...

I mean the show has had several stomp episodes and free wins throughout the series, hell, there's arguably even worse ones in this season iirc. And a stomp episode for Shadow of all characters considering his previous treatment on the show isn't the worst thing imo. Having a stomp match be portrayed in the animation would make it much less fun to watch overall.
Kill la Kill will probably never have another episode im just saying. Her best matchup was Crona. I hate shadow vs ryuko because it's shadows free win. She's so slow compared to him. Even the episode itself i think i never watched anything but the fight. they would pretty much say at the end oh yeah ryuko would be slower than a statue to him. I have a similar gripe with Alucard vs dio and the speed difference. It's a cool matchup but it being a stomp makes me seethe hard.
Shadow even in the animation basically no sells everything she does and just boringly shoots her and she explodes.
Alucard got to go out like a champ. Goku black went out like a legend.

Last edited:
anyways
Kill la Kill will probably never have another episode im just saying. Her best matchup was Crona. I hate shadow vs ryuko because it's shadows free win. She's so slow compared to him. Even the episode itself i think i never watched anything but the fight. Would pretty much say at the end oh yeah ryuko would be slower than a statue to him. I have a similar gripe with Alucard vs dio and the speed difference. It's a cool matchup but it being a stomp makes me seethe hard.
Shadow even in the animation basically no sells everything she does and just boringly shoots her and she explodes.
Alucard got to go out like a champ. Goku black went out like a legend.
Idk how it's bad because it's a free win I'm sick of folks looking at that giving they genuinely wanted to do that fight
And Shadow practically felt pain when Ryuko send him flying to his motorcycle it became a one when when he took off his inhabitior ring's to overpower her strongest attack

Untitled_design_3.png

Dark Megaman.EXE, tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back