• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically:
-Two black haired fighters using a mixture of martial arts and street fighting.
Jin didnt learn any street fighting, just actual martials in his life
Have been abandoned by their fathers and have a sad relationship with their mother.
Kazuya was long dead before Jin was born
-An impudent, hot-tempered edgy whose character became better over time.
Hot tempered not really afair
-Awakened a demonic legacy in the form of patterns on the body and red energy
Okay
-Participated in the largest tournaments of their world
Okay

unknown.png

I don't feel like working on this any longer than I have to. Surprised I couldn't find more MUs to put here but whatever.

Yukari vs Magneto being an actually thematic MU is ******* cursed.

unknown.png

I don't feel like working on this any longer than I have to. Surprised I couldn't find more MUs to put here but whatever.

Yukari vs Magneto being an actually thematic MU is ******* cursed.
Not really big on Hoopa as a Yukari MU, but otherwise I agree with the rest of the placements. Altair is the absolute best MU imo from what I know about it.

Anyway I've decided to throw together a tier list of this season only because I'm bored (not inc. Saitama vs Popeye because it's not out yet). Link found here.

Personal_DBaS8.png
Bruh, Mandara vs Aizen was NOT worse than Lex vs Doom or Blake vs Mikasa. Honestly, IMO Akuma vs Shao Kahn is far and away the worst episode of the season. At least Randy vs Kool-Aid clearly had heart put into it.

KirbonicDB_Seasonrank.PNG

Here's mine lol.

Mickey vs Yoda seems pretty beloved so let me just specify: I have absolutely 0 interest in either franchise or characters and if anything find them a little funny. The animation was fine, only had slight jank, nothing about it could really get to me though.

Bruh, Madara vs Aizen was NOT worse than Lex vs Doom or Blake vs Mikasa. Honestly, IMO Akuma vs Shao Kahn is far and away the worst episode of the season. At least Randy vs Kool-Aid clearly had heart put into it.

Madara vs Aizen just didn’t click with me, even with the killer Yates track carrying the whole thing. A lot of noticeable jank like the wings, glitching fire, and Madara’s fan spawning into existence Zuko sword style (am I the only one to notice those last two?). I want to say that the 1MM set the bar way too high, but that beggars the question for the sprite change, or the lack of a fight premise when Phase 3 was right there.

Shakuma isn’t great, I’ll admit, but any jank doesn’t quite offend me in the same way Ryuko analysis vocabulary / voice miscast or MM vs KAM’s completely apeshit pacing (not to mention the uncalled for Deadpool cutaway) does. Oh, and a lecture from the snowflake generation about Randy brutality “disrespecting the dead” I rather would not.

On that note...

Shadow vs Ryuko is Horrible? Sheesh

I think I posted my hangups about this episode a while back. 1 sec.

If the fact that they had to nerf Super Shadow to planetary to justify this not being a complete statstomp and still sizeably wins isn't a mismatch / mishandled, I'm not sure what to tell you (lest you were using IF gameverse, many could see the Shadow W a mile away).

The fact that Shadow outpacing Ryuko constitutes the ability to neg life fibre regen is also something that strikes me as a loaded or otherwise unfounded statement (not to insinuate no limits KLK or anything). If the statement was that Shadow could kill Ryuko faster than the Life Fibres could heal her, that would be one thing, but the way it's worded is completely whack.

Also nothing against Jenny Yokobiri, but the direction on her wasn't all that great, and honestly smells to me of production issues. Besides, how far off were Erica Mendez or Laura Bailey, exactly? One being her official VA, and the other would just make a good ******* Ryuko voice in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back