• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What i want for Season 9

Unicron vs Galactus

Emperor from 40k against anyone worthy

Shrek vs Sully

Arthas vs Anakin

Spider-Man vs somebody

Mario vs Iron Man
wait-what.gif

I know it's insanely late to complain about this, but it was bugging me in the shower.

I really feel I would've preferred Crona, Ryuko, and Carnage to have fought any combination of each other instead of the opponents they got.

The MUs they each got did nothing for me personally, just didn't click for my interest.

I know it's insanely late to complain about this, but it was bugging me in the shower.

I really feel I would've preferred Crona, Ryuko, and Carnage to have fought any combination of each other instead of the opponents they got.

The MUs they each got did nothing for me personally, just didn't click for my interest.
Well everyone has there own preference but that's how it goes

Popularity etc gonna determine who's gonna fight who for the most part

Last edited:
I feel like Crona, Ryuko, and Carnage got decent/good matches but Crona got it worst due S7 comics overuse. Ryuko also suffers for fighting a three timer.
Carnage suffers from really having no one worth a damn to face upon his first debut the fact DB had to gamble on a character Lucy who was practically a definition of literal who at the time tells you

As someone who still hasn't watched Kill la Kill, and stopped liking Shadow a long time ago, I'll honestly admit that it seems Shadow and Ryuko probably had the closest thematics out of the matchups I wasn't thrilled about? Maybe?

...but I still would've preferred the alternative, probably. When I think of any of those three, the biggest thing that jumps out to me is the relationship with blood and being two entities working together, but their MUs don't quite capture that focus of their powers for me. Venom comes close for Crona, but obviously Carnage does moreso because...Carnage.

Though, again, never seen Kill-la-Kill, the blood thing and her outfit are the only things I even knew about Ryuko going in. And that she's apparently Weekly's favorite character.

Carnage suffers from really having no one worth a damn to face upon his first debut the fact DB had to gamble on a character Lucy who was practically a definition of literal who at the time tells you
Yeah, but Lucy is decently thematic which helps and Chorus of Carnage was good. Carnage vs Mercer would have been worse than Hulk vs Broly was in cucking a fight.
Random 4:30PM thought: What's the funniest DeathBattle / VS idea(s) we've thought of individually?

Not necessarily joke MUs, just ones with the most comedic potential.
I like when stuff contrasts, which helped Carnage vs Lucy but say Venom vs Crona & IF vs Po are fun contrasts too. In that way when I heard Maul vs Akechi had connections I liked that because Pancakeboy was a riot in P5R.

Tho that MU is super niche. Oh well.

Last edited:
Right, because looking through my ideas, I think this fits the description (yes, Lowell vs Klein is an oldie, but it checks out):

Lowell_vs_Klein.png

I can honestly imagine the premise in one of Lazilus's pubs. Klein is just flirting with the bartender that Lowell was found drunk with (because Klein thinks that NPCs are real people the ******* normie), Lowell then walks in, and antics ensue.

Obscure af, but the second people get it, they REALLY get it.

What he has in common with Jin?
Basically:
-Two black haired fighters using a mixture of martial arts and street fighting.
Have been abandoned by their fathers and have a sad relationship with their mother.
-An impudent, hot-tempered edgy whose character became better over time.
-Awakened a demonic legacy in the form of patterns on the body and red energy
-Participated in the largest tournaments of their world

Not so much, but quite notable.

Random 4:30PM thought: What's the funniest DeathBattle / VS idea(s) we've thought of individually?

Not necessarily joke MUs, just ones with the most comedic potential.
Actually, Kirito vs Maple can be very comedic - the interaction between Kirito and Maple can be fun given the difference in style of OPness they are. (Okay Kirito vs Neo is more requested but they are for the more serious fight and less comedic.)
Also Hoopa vs Yukari Yakumo - this can start off comedic just to turn serious as the battle ascends.

There is also a lack of monster vs monster fights.
You mean the Ghidorah / Deathwing / Eternatus / Alduin (2 out of 4) fight? Yeah very lacking.

We do not have many giant fights. Be it giant robots or kaijus.

Actually, Kirito vs Maple can be very comedic - the interaction between Kirito and Maple can be fun given the difference in style of OPness they are. (Okay Kirito vs Neo is more requested but they are for the more serious fight and less comedic.)

Just going to say this right now (and I'm not insinuating that Kirito is 'edgey', that's one of the series many misconceptions), but the last thing I think of Kirito's MUs as is 'funny'. He's not lacking for wit, and could probably bounce off opponents stronger than him, but saying that he'd get roasted or break down laughing in the middle of a fight... I can't picture it.

Then again I haven't seen BOFURI, so I can't speak beyond that
Also him mistaking Shulk for Eugeo would be funnier don't @ me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back