• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if dio can move at faster than light speeds. Why not just go over and kill jotaro while he was playing dead with the stop sign? It would take less than an instant.

Is this real?
6a0bc2b826093799b1d83647aa4c3efd.png

What will Rooster Teeth even do when Death Battle ends? There doesn't seem to be a bigger draw than that, we don't appear to be getting any new "versus-popular" or even "versus-relevant" IPs anytime soon, there doesn't appear to be anyone willing or capable of taking the torch as "Wiz" and "Boomstick" in the unlikely event of some "post-Death Battle" continuation, an "unresearched" pure flashing-lights-and-colors "sprite fight night" is something already done in DBX (which itself cannot go on forever) alongside countless other (sprite) animation channels, and I doubt that Red vs Blue and RWBY's already fading traces of popularity are going to last much longer.

Unless, of course, Rooster Teeth plans to have Death Battle go on indefinitely, but I doubt it.

Anyways, any bets on the next halloween fights? I bet that next halloween fight is probably either Spawn vs Ghost Rider or Jason vs Michael
I can see Jason vs Michael being the best choice for a live action DB too, so hoping that.

The most bizarre things that happened was in Jason X, which is campy even for a slasher film, so it can be 2-3 minutes and not feel like you need to include more

Both are more down-to-earth and the two are more brutal sluggers compared to Daredevil, Red Hood, Nightwing, and Winter Soldier so it could work with a lower budget and not feel gimped (like how DD vs NW feel it didn't use their acrobatics as well on top of possibly one of THE most underwhelming deaths in the entire franchise or how while RH vs WS worked and used a lot of stunts that felt really good, it felt less like the action flick you'd expect for even street tiers superheroes thats not on the CW).

Settings would be super easy - can film it in someone's house, in-studio, and even in a forest at night, allowing the atmosphere to feel right

Think they could get James A. Janisse to work on/with it as well?

Last edited:
Is this real?
6a0bc2b826093799b1d83647aa4c3efd.png
No chance this is real. There's 4 episodes left of the season, the only ones on this list that are happening are Aizen vs Madara and Akuma vs Shao Kahn. We know Korra is fighting someone (High chance it being Rey) so that only leaves one fight left. The only way this could be real is if they suddenly decided this season will have 21 episodes.

... Man **** this season, like geniunely **** this season.
Hard agree, this seasons been so good (Mostly) that I wish I could **** it.

I can see Jason vs Michael being the best choice for a live action DB too, so hoping that.

The most bizarre things that happened was in Jason X, which is campy even for a slasher film, so it can be 2-3 minutes and not feel like you need to include more

Both are more down-to-earth and the two are more brutal sluggers compared to Daredevil, Red Hood, Nightwing, and Winter Soldier so it could work with a lower budget and not feel gimped (like how DD vs NW feel it didn't use their acrobatics as well on top of possibly one of THE most underwhelming deaths in the entire franchise or how while RH vs WS worked and used a lot of stunts that felt really good, it felt less like the action flick you'd expect for even street tiers superheroes thats not on the CW).

Settings would be super easy - can film it in someone's house, in-studio, and even in a forest at night, allowing the atmosphere to feel right

It also has the chance to be by far the most gorey live action battle they could ever do if they land the practical effects right, especially considering both of these characters are utter tanks (Jason especially) I can easily imagine them grappling and just...STABBING THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER and ripping limbs free even

Like honestly, even if I criticize, this season has been good.

Last year was basically Zero Punctuation's winner of Blandest Season. The difference is notable.
Imho season 7 was awful, the only fights i think are worth rewatching are Jon vs Sabrewulf, Beerus vs Galaxia, Hulk vs Broly, Cable vs Booster Gold and Goro vs Machamp (Tho i think the last two are pretty overrated)
The rest of episodes are either bad, mediocre, bland or are just not my thing

Oh I remember them now but this one I don't particularly recall at all

I wouldn't be able to explain it properly myself so I'll just quote the G1 blog on it:

6e7R6oBf4CBBsXzH8QHHnjE-tx_xOQ4oryscZI5oxs_c3apwFSuBQUV1znTxkFwjLd_RwmbFgn5Kwvb-RkiXga6Z-fqCwgrQeVlaKaxYsk1IgckltNztZiIXrdcd23VzoPrJkFx4=s1600

"Also, could vanish in a flash of light before the light itself scattered and dissipated, despite him being the source of said light.
Note, the light comes from his blade, and yet, as seen in the upper left panel, he's already vanished, while the light itself is still there, despite said light coming from him. As in, the light had yet to dissipate and scatter while Kars himself was already gone, and as the light had no continuous source, as the source, Kars, vanished, well it speaks for itself."

Imho season 7 was awful, the only fights i think are worth rewatching are Jon vs Sabrewulf, Beerus vs Galaxia, Hulk vs Broly, Cable vs Booster Gold abd Goro vs Machamp (Tho i think the last two are pretty overrated)
The rest of episodes are either bad, mediocre, bland or are just not my thing
Technically Wally vs Sonic is fine and some eps kinda have fun moments but majority of the season is just mediocrity. Even though quality itself is decently good, fights aren't exciting or MUs were odd.

So blandest fits well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back