• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the fight. I have genuinely no ******* idea what to think about it. It was short, but what was there is actually pretty good, but I really wish they didn't use so much of the budget on the plot. Also, going into the analysis in the middle of the fight was genuinely really dumb. I also think Kool-Aid should have chimed in on his analysis like Macho Man did with his.

I also really liked the joke where Boomstick thought both combatants were his dad. Although having something that so much of the episode was worked on for an anti-climax was really stupid. We already knew Sarge was Boomstick's dad so having that be the reveal but still having Boomstick not know about it was really, really stupid.

The idea that Macho Man and Kool-Aid Man fight each other every week is funny, though.

Yeah i feel like the episode is overhated, i'd give it a 6 or 7/10 overrall, and i liked the fight, but the middle tennis-like analisys was pretty meh.

And ending it with that girl and dummy was stupid, they were not funny or anything, boomstick and wiz are the ones with the voices to comment stuff, i actually dreamed of them making a death battle between a madness combat fan character vs a fancomic eeveelution i like, and it was awesome.

I forgot, what are the other confirmed fights?

Just watched the fight. I have genuinely no ******* idea what to think about it. It was short, but what was there is actually pretty good, but I really wish they didn't use so much of the budget on the plot. Also, going into the analysis in the middle of the fight was genuinely really dumb. I also think Kool-Aid should have chimed in on his analysis like Macho Man did with his.

I also really liked the joke where Boomstick thought both combatants were his dad. Although having something that so much of the episode was worked on for an anti-climax was really stupid. We already knew Sarge was Boomstick's dad so having that be the reveal but still having Boomstick not know about it was really, really stupid.

The idea that Macho Man and Kool-Aid Man fight each other every week is funny, though.
Basically agree pretty much. Most logically was expecting from this more "DB lore" rather than actual fight to me. Though fight itself wasn't that bad to say honestly.
I mean, they clearly did some research.

Does Macho Man even scale to the alleged uni/multiversal WWE stuff?
There's actually counter arguments with claims for Macho not scaling to Undertaker, as well as not scaling to comic book Hulk.

Yeah i feel like the episode is overhated, i'd give it a 6 or 7/10 overrall, and i liked the fight, but the middle tennis-like analisys was pretty meh.

And ending it with that girl and dummy was stupid, they were not funny or anything, boomstick and wiz are the ones with the voices to comment stuff, i actually dreamed of them making a death battle between a madness combat fan character vs a fancomic eeveelution i like, and it was awesome.

I forgot, what are the other confirmed fights?
Aizen vs madara, Dio vs alucard (duh is going to be the next MU), Korra, Alucard vs galactus

Aizen vs madara, Dio vs alucard (duh is going to be the next MU), Korra, Alucard vs galactus
Batman vs Iron Man
Goku Black vs Reverse Flash
Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man (we are leaving from here)
Dio vs Alucard (we are moving to here)
Aizen vs Madara
Korra vs ? (Rey, Storm, Delsin Rowe)
Akuma vs ? (Shao Kahn, Liu Kang, Raoh, Rugal, Yujiro)
? vs ? (Many are hyped for Galactus vs Unicron but... After all these I am not so sure)

Yeah i feel like the episode is overhated
Yes. The fight is bad but the episode is still enjoyable. Yes separate the fight from the episode before enjoying it.
Never. My hatred will burn like Smashor's for Reverse Flash and my preexisting hatred for Yang vs Tifa. I can't even separate the analysis from the fight because for some God forsaken reason they decided to insert the the analysis INTO THE FIGHT. What was the thought process? What logical leaps and aneurisms were needed to get to where we are?

Never. My hatred will burn like Smashor's for Reverse Flash and my preexisting hatred for Yang vs Tifa. I can't even separate the analysis from the fight because for some God forsaken reason they decided to insert the the analysis INTO THE FIGHT. What was the thought process? What logical leaps and aneurisms were needed to get to where we are?

Ben and someone else writing the plot, and the researchers for this one clearly being on the bong.

Watched the fight. Definitely not nearly as exciting as I thought and Wiz and Boomstick talking over the fight is kinda annoying (though does give some neat facts about both combatants). Fight itself is okay but kinda wish they done more with it. Story on the other hand is nice and does expand some character development and didn't overstayed too much. Some positives are the claymotion fight which is pretty neat and I hope some fights will use more of that and at least gives closure on the Boomstick Dad lore.

Actually, now that I think about. MM VS KSM suffers a similar problem to Deadpool VS Pinkie Pie. While both episodes are alright on their own, their execution doesn't really fit their special episode placement (Former being EP 150 and the latter being the season finale of a season).

Overall underwhelming even for the 150th episode but has some good moments.

Also, I saw that there was a G1 discussion here awhile ago and I just got this to say.

Saying that G1 is flawed and fallible is the equivalent to saying the sky is ******* blue. No group nor person is going to be right all the time. Saying this like it actually means something is ridiculous as guess what? No Vs group or community is always going to be correct all the time or even half of the time. People of this site know that well enough and the G1 people know that well enough. Getting a high horse and acting like just because they may get wrong result or their reasoning for X stats is flawed doesn't make you any better. You can critique one's opinion on a vs subject, but that doesn't mean you shit on them because their views don't match yours or you can prove them wrong. In the end you're no different from them, flawed and fallible so don't act like you're better than them because you got a more "accurate" conclusion. There's critiquing evidence and then there's being a complete asshole with a stick up your ass. This goes for VSBW, Death Battle, G1 or any other vs community.

Rant over.

Last edited:
God this season's episodes either are boring or sucks, anyway Alucard gonna win and he should have fought Caleb instead.
Gonna have to disagree with this take when we've had things like Yoda vs Mickey, Ryuko vs Shadow, Heihachi vs Geese, Link vs Cloud and Goku Black vs Reverse Flash. I even found the two Marvel vs DC fights this season to at least be enjoyable.

Yeah, IDK if Season 8 is better than Season 6 or 5, but I think it's at least one of the top 4 seasons, probably top 3 just because it's more consistently high quality than Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back