• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

IMG_2253.png

Somebody posted this not long ago in a discord group

Oh shit, I completely forgot about Silver vs Trunks. Thanks for reminding me about it.

But yeah, I'm going to count it since Trunks is still a Saiyan regardless if he's a hybrid. And I just remembered Goku vs Reverse Black as well so, in total, this means that the Saiyan race has won three times and lost eight times throughout Death Battle's entire duration. Like holy shit
Shout out to one of their wins being against themselves, too lmao

It's up to Gohan, now, I guess.

Why would they? Canon gives next to nothing for bardock. Toei Bardock is on the thumbnail, use Toei shit
Moon level bardock

Also wasn’t ssj bardock specifically xenoverse canon though? Sure the events of Episode of bardock occured but it still doesn’t mean ssj is where that storyline goes. Similar to super happening in hero’s but not vice versa.

also wasn’t there another black box that got the high end for planet Vegeta as well?

I mean at the end of the day they'll be fine just a reputation hit. They ain't gonna lose stock lol
That's fair. It's not like this hasn't happened before.
So, not much. It prolly won't be Hal10 levels of bad
I didn't think so, but on rating of Goku vs Superman 3 (very good, very little shitstorm) to Ben vs Hal (Ben vs Hal), where do you think it falls? Akuma vs Shao Kahn?

Moon level bardock

Also wasn’t ssj bardock specifically xenoverse canon though? Sure the events of Episode of bardock occured but it still doesn’t mean ssj is where that storyline goes. Similar to super happening in hero’s but not vice versa.

also wasn’t there another black box that got the high end for planet Vegeta as well?
No. Episode of Bardock is canon to Heros/Xenoverse, not the other way around.

The high end planet vegeta calc still pales in comparison to the toei one

Oh shit, I completely forgot about Silver vs Trunks. Thanks for reminding me about it.

But yeah, I'm going to count it since Trunks is still a Saiyan regardless if he's a hybrid. And I just remembered Goku vs Reverse Black as well so, in total, this means that the Saiyan race has won three times and lost eight times throughout Death Battle's entire duration. Like holy shit
Ok tbf Gogeta vs Vegito is a same species fight, its bit unfair to add it here since Saiyan L there is inevitable.

Honestly I can see an upgrade for Invincible for this. Not from the sun disk but that thing about there being 5 moons for Viltrum could noticably effect the size of the planet and the KE for the amount of debris that Omni-Man, Mark, and Thadeus send hurdling out when they flew threw the planet. Could get some nice results from that.
Guesstimates what tier?

I mean at the end of the day they'll be fine just a reputation hit. They ain't gonna lose stock lol

So, not much. It prolly won't be Hal10 levels of bad
Ben vs Hal levels will be hard to replicate, mainly because of the conditions leading up to Ben vs Hal's release. Omni-Dock's shitstorm isn't anywhere near as bad, and some casuals maybe more alright given Omni-man hype is still pretty strong.

I havent actually watched Reddit, 4Chan & Twitter, but uhh it does feel like there is way more hate for this. Like at least people were aware of DC Herald moment, this feels bigger.

I don't know if anyone's brought this up yet, but when you think about it: Vegeta vs Shadow, Broly vs Hulk, and Vegito vs Gogeta mean that the Saiyans (I'm counting fusions as being individual Saiyans) have won three times.

In contrast, all three Goku vs Superman episodes (I'm going to count those since they have radically different information per episode), Vegeta vs Thor, Vegito vs Gogeta, and now Bardock vs Omni Man mean that the Saiyans have lost six times throughout the duration of Death Battle's existence.

Now if you want to say that Goku vs Superman only counts as one then you can do that, but it's pretty funny to think that a single race can net so many L's collectively throughout the years. It's comical.
I always did say that if you're expecting a Dragon Ball win on DB, don't expect it to be a Saiyan

Back