• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Using SSJ Bardock is definitely a loophole in DB's logic.

By their rules they use all material that is not found contradictory to the main source and well it so happens that SSJ Bardock happens after his canon appearances. Its a what if, but it technically doesnt go against the canon.

There is also some HulkBroly shenanigans here, since SSJ upscales from both canon & Toei Bardock, they could use feats from both, since SSJ Bardock will always be superior to them both. So they could use examples from both, like the fact that in canon Bardock somehow beat someone who was stronger than him.

Tbh? I'd actually like to see Arale appear in Death Battle at some point in the future. Not just because I've been reading Dr. Slump for the first time in my life, which I find to be genuinely pretty funny and a really good gag manga, but because I'd like to see how DB glazes Arale since her Toon Force is ******* nuts.

I mean casuals are going to see her bullying her own author and thinking that Arale is some toon god above the likes of SpongeBob and equal to the likes of Bugs Bunny, I'd like to see the reaction that comes out of that.
Who would she fight, though?

Saitama, the shonen gag manga protagonist?

Maybe Bugs but he seems like he's reserved for Mickey as fellow toon force icon.

Spongebob doesn't have much connection other than Toon Force, either, he isn't even that old.
Which matchups do you like, however, think that will never appear on Death Battle?
Captain Planet versus anyone, Aang included.

Did they make Terry's smile look like Geese Howard meme? :V

803d864a7972759c002fdc27cb66801c3ef48abar1-311-311v2_00.jpg

Who would she fight, though?

Saitama, the shonen gag manga protagonist?

Maybe Bugs but he seems like he's reserved for Mickey as fellow toon force icon.

Spongebob doesn't have much connection other than Toon Force, either, he isn't even that old.
I'd say Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo could be a good match up for Arale since they pretty much have the same kind of personality. Though, saying Saitama is a gag manga protagonist is completely wrong with due respect.

Using SSJ Bardock is definitely a loophole in DB's logic.

By their rules they use all material that is not found contradictory to the main source and well it so happens that SSJ Bardock happens after his canon appearances. Its a what if, but it technically doesnt go against the canon.

There is also some HulkBroly shenanigans here, since SSJ upscales from both canon & Toei Bardock, they could use feats from both, since SSJ Bardock will always be superior to them both. So they could use examples from both, like the fact that in canon Bardock somehow beat someone who was stronger than him.
Death Battle's composite rule makes no sense, and it changes episode by episode. It's just an excuse for them to pick and choose what they want.

Hmm even if it doesnt matter at all for BowserEggman, about their armies.

If we were to exclude their major players, BowserJr KingBoo Kamek Koopalings ect. and MetalSonic Sage PRClones etc., who would win with raw mooks? The exciting debate of Cheep Cheep vs Chopper.

Death Battle's composite rule makes no sense, and it changes episode by episode. It's just an excuse for them to pick and choose what they want.
106372.jpg

Hmm even if it doesnt matter at all for BowserEggman, about their armies.

If we were to exclude their major players, BowserJr KingBoo Kamek Koopalings ect. and MetalSonic Sage PRClones etc., who would win with raw mooks? The exciting debate of Cheep Cheep vs Chopper.

106372.jpg
Do we include the Egg Pawns?

Which, now that I am checking the profile, has the, IMHO, somewhat jarring note:

Note: This profile is composite of every robot in the Egg Pawn family.

Biggest problem Eggman has is Boos in this debate. He can make infinite badniks with the Ruby so he can win the battle of attrition, but outside of capturing ghosts off-screen in a capsule in 3&K, he hasn't really done much against the paranormal.

Do we include the Egg Pawns?

Which, now that I am checking the profile, has the, IMHO, somewhat jarring note:

Note: This profile is composite of every robot in the Egg Pawn family.
Hmmm yes? Egg Pawns are standard mooks and basically his Koopas.

Now in a step I perhaps should have taken initially, let me look up the stats of those bots in this page you linked here.

Aaaaaand its Tier 2 Egg Pawns.

Is it wrong I'm starting to like the idea of Asa vs Yuji more like Denji vs Yuji...
Ngl the interactions between Asa and Yuji would be less interesting but the interactions between Sukuna and Yoru would be fun to see.
Also Asa is vulnerable to Yuji's soul attacks splitting her from Yoru unlike Denji with Pochita which could also be interesting.

Why is Adam Taurus a frequent character in Brandon Yate's what ifs?

Adam's canon portrayal in RWBY subverted the "rule of cool" expectations that certain fans had and turned him into another cliche abusive ex and serial killer extremist.

As a result many fan stories and projects still use Adam, essentially some peeps wanted Adam to be another Vergil (DMC) or Raiden (MGS) but instead got honey for bumblebees and well you know the rest.

Happens quite often now that I think about it, when a character has a great design but their personality sucks (head-canon/fanon to the "rescue").

Back