• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Thinking about the new Zelda game, spoilers below

Yeah even if I ain't sold on it myself, I expect a lotta people are gonna start running with Link / Zelda / Ganondorf being multiversal via scaling to the golden goddesses after the game releases, and a lotta people are likey also gonna start saying the golden goddesses and the verse as a whole cap at planet level. Very funny overall, still waiting until the game actually comes out to grab translations of the japanese text

Thinking about the new Zelda game, spoilers below

Yeah even if I ain't sold on it myself, I expect a lotta people are gonna start running with Link / Zelda / Ganondorf being multiversal via scaling to the golden goddesses after the game releases, and a lotta people are likey also gonna start saying the golden goddesses and the verse as a whole cap at planet level. Very funny overall, still waiting until the game actually comes out to grab translations of the japanese text
Doesn't matter, kid, Doomguy solos all

Are there even any big Zelda MUs left for them to benefit off multiversal args

THERE'S A NON-ZERO CHANCE OF BEN VS HAL 2

download.jpg

Anyway quick predictions on the upcoming eps
  • Aang vs Traveler: ???
  • Ash vs Yugi: ???
  • Bowser vs Eggman: Bowser's gonna win but they'll say it's close
  • Omni-Man vs Bardock: Bardock's got this but there's a non-zero chance of a Nolan upset win.
  • Asura vs Kratos: Kratos and it won't even be close.
  • Kyle vs Simon: something something DC cosmology
  • Gru vs Megamind: Surprisingly Megamind kinda stomps now.
  • Mahito vs Shiggy: Unless Shiggy has some kind of ESP I don't see how he can even fight Mahito?
  • Hulk vs Godzilla: Hulk finally gets a W unless they ignore the amps Hulk has gotten since the 70s and equalize stats based on Marvel's Godzilla crossover

Last edited:
Are there even any big Zelda MUs left for them to benefit off multiversal args

Won't lie, I wish I had more Xeno JPRG vs Zelda MUs that weren't just 'Shulk vs Link because secondary school grudge match'. I went through this really petty phase back then after not enjoying Skyward Sword that much (long story, don't ask...), but now that I'm getting into more series with a more open mind... I'm still hesitant to look into LoZ because 'Multiverses 25+ years in the making' are a sort of red flag to me, as I don't know where to start (see also Trails into [insert title]... that series' attention goes over my head a lot of the time).

On an unrelated note: can I just unprompted thank you guys for being a really chill community? I'm not just saying this because 'oh ho! At least you aren't 90% of the dickweeds on Smogon!'... no, I genuinely mean to just be grateful for having somewhere to return to from time to time after a long day or however long. I'm glad you've stuck by me this long.

I really want to get back into making custom trailers at some point - but that's going to mean digging editing equipment back out (idk if I chucked the serial code out, so that's probably another £50 or so to spend...), so stay tuned for that 🆗

• Omni-Man vs Bardock: Bardock's got this but there's a non-zero chance of a Nolan upset win.
  • Mahito vs Shiggy: Unless Shiggy has some kind of ESP I don't see how he can even fight Mahito?
  • Hulk vs Godzilla: Hulk finally gets a W unless they ignore the amps Hulk has gotten since the 70s and equalize stats based on Marvel's Godzilla crossover
I doubt they sell to casuals that "This character may outstat in every category, but they can't fight him lol"

They'll probably just use that really shaky Vestiges argument to say IT won't work and that Decay can effect souls

I'm still holding out hope of a simon w 🙏🏿. I'll be the happiest man in the world if it happens.

I think Ash actually wins because of stat diffs and creation trio scaling

Stats-wise Ash probably wins primairly due to Creation Trio scaling, otherwise Yugi would beat the crap out of him

Yugi very likely wins hax-wise, though, i dont remember any of his Pokémon having any significant hax in comparison to Yugi's cards

The biggest problem is how DB will equalize the battle system of both series

Last edited:
Stats-wise Ash wins primairly due to Creation Trio scaling, otherwise Yugi would beat the crap out of him

Yugi very likely wins hax-wise, though, i dont remember any of his Pokémon having any significant hax in comparison to Yugi's cards

Is the GX 5D's crossover canon?

Stats-wise Ash probably wins primairly due to Creation Trio scaling, otherwise Yugi would beat the crap out of him

If the stat margin is big enough, hax won't matter.

I think Ash actually wins because of stat diffs and creation trio scaling
I always thought creation trio scaling was dumb and makes Dragon Ball Super's internal powerscaling look like the most generous thing ever. It got even worse after Journeys where it meant that anyone that Cynthia's Garchomp fought also automatically scales to the Creation Trio because she didn't instantly one shot the opposing trainer's pokemon. This also leads to stuff like Eternatus somehow being stronger than the Creation Trio since Leon scales above Cynthia but struggled against Eternatus and needed help to beat it.

And all of this because she blocked one attack from Palkia one time.

I always thought creation trio scaling was dumb and makes Dragon Ball Super's internal powerscaling look like the most generous thing ever. It got even worse after Journeys where it meant that anyone that Cynthia's Garchomp fought also automatically scales to the Creation Trio because she didn't instantly one shot the opposing trainer's pokemon. This also leads to stuff like Eternatus somehow being stronger than the Creation Trio since Leon scales above Cynthia but struggled against Eternatus and needed help to beat it.

And all of this because she blocked one attack from Palkia one time.
More than once we're listed the other Creation Trio's interactions with normal characters and why the Pokemon cross multiverse is valid and why feats from other timelines would still be applicable.

...But lets call the whole justification 'one time from Cynthia' still every time it gets brought up.

Back