• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I will say, the doc specifically mentioning that they think GER doesn't have to be able to kill you to activate the death loop is a little suspect.

Not in the sense that I don't believe that (although I don't, that seems ridiculous), but in the sense that it seems like the type of argument they'd bring up in the ending analysis for a Giorno win, ya feel me?

Like I could hear Boomstick saying something like, "Oh but Joker can destroy universes, how could Giorno even hurt him?", and then Wiz is like, "Well actually you see, yap yap yap yap yap."

I'm still betting Joker, though.

Tbf, it also explicitly said at the end "Does get beat by causality resistance tho" which could be used similarly.
Yeah, that's why I felt like that document wasn't entirely a slam dunk win condition explanation for Giorno. They're at least giving the understanding that GER isn't unbeatable it just takes another severally busted set of abilities to counter it specifically.

Now if the team buys Joker having that kind of counter is the real thing up for debate if they follow that line of logic.

The only thing on their doc that I'm completely, 100% not buying is GER having literally no stats.

Bro beat Diavolo's *** (even if he didn't kill him), and you're telling me that you think he's physically weaker than, say, Echoes Act 1? Nah bro, that don't pass the vibe check.

The only thing on their doc that I'm completely, 100% not buying is GER having literally no stats.

Bro beat Diavolo's *** (even if he didn't kill him), and you're telling me that you think he's physically weaker than, say, Echoes Act 1? Nah bro, that don't pass the vibe check.
I think they just think it's beyond the needs for stats because of it's powers.

Personally, I believe GER is at least comparable to Star Platinum physically given it's status as the "ultimate stand".

Though obviously that's kinda head-cannon, and would be irrelevant here given Joker's stats, but still, I just wanted to give my opinion.

Personally, I believe GER is at least comparable to Star Platinum physically given it's status as the "ultimate stand".

Though obviously that's kinda head-cannon, and would be irrelevant here given Joker's stats, but still, I just wanted to give my opinion.
Nah, it clearly has no physical capabilities and beats Joker via downscaling from Hermit Purple. Truly the weakest stand

Litteraly anybody who watched jojo automatically assumed ger outstats everyone because stats show none

Small aside, but I do wonder what they would think of each other.

I feel like Giorno would see Joker as a kindred spirit, of sorts. Someone who was similarly able to enact change in the world for the better with the help of his friends and sheer force of will, all while operating outside the bounds of the law (though being an actual member of the Italian mafia is obviously a bit worse than being a Phantom Thief).

Play process of elimination on what could be the TOC episode
L8oMhRmC.jpg_large.jpg

I wonder, if JoJo and Persona were in the same verse, would a Stand user be capable of having a Palace? And if so, could their Shadow summon their Stand?
Probably, but knowing how Persona works things would get incredibly weird. Such as The World being so absurdly buffed due to DIO's sheer overconfidence that it's an unbeatable godly stand (though i would find it funny if he was the one boss in the franchise who can die to instant-kill attacks due to being weak to holy attacks)

Back