• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Alright so I know it’s a dumb take, but ngl, I kinda like Majima vs Undyne
You know, the problem with any match that involves Majime is actually having him go all out

You would either need an opponent that's insanely despicable (like Lao Gui), an opponent that puts him into a situation where he needs to go all out (like at the end of Yakiza 5 with the situation he was in), or the opponent works for an organization that has scorned him and have hurt his loved ones (the Dojima family in 0). Because usually he's just going to have a fun time, trying to bring out the best in his opponent.

This is actually the primary reason I think Eggman wins. MOST of their hax cancels out, but both have minor advantages that can pretty cleanly win them the battle.

Which leads to the question of: Who can gather more information, who is smarter, and who is quicker. All of which are Eggman advantages. Even if both are at immeasurable, Eggman scales higher into it, and at finite speeds Eggman has clear advantage. Eggman’s machinery and Eggnet has constant passive scanning, which is already great compared to Tippi (who as far as I know honestly isn’t all that great), but with Sage (who can trap the Koopa Kingdom army and directly siphon their memories) he has vastly more information to use. Further, Sage can run millions of simulations in seconds and create perfect winning game plans. She literally can “Doctor Strange” it.

Not to mention that the Phantom Ruby can’t be analyzed, so Eggman had clear advantage there. Eggman, being the smarter and more evil of the two, can pretty quickly and efficiently strategize around his newly acquired information to press his minor advantages. He’s also out of the two to stop playing around far more quickly, and has even voiced he specifically holds back in confrontations with Sonic SPECIFICALLY (and no one else) to beat him “the right way” and “to prove a point.” Things the Doctor will not have to deal with against Bowser.

Combine that with an army that counters the technological (Zavok’s Technopathy) as well as the organic (Metal Virus) and Eggman has a solid battle lead, leaving only the Supernatural (like Boos) to deal with and whatever Kamek or Bowser spawn in (which can easily be dealt with by whatever Eggman spawns in via Phantom Ruby.)
I knew I wasn't crazy when I kept saying I feel Eggman should win more often than not each time I look into it, a lot of these I even feel are his major wincons over Bowser

Tbf some do more then that and still are made to fight like this
Good examples are Heroes Goku, Xeno Trunks, Roshi, both Fusions, and most flagrantly, Beerus, who can duplicate, nullify energy, etc. The rest you can kind of write off—Yeah, they (all SDBH characters) have insane hax, but most of it is tied to behind the scenes stuff/stuff unseen connected to them visually fighting like bricks. And even though they have plenty of moments where they use hax separate from brick fighting, at their most popular moments it’s brick fighting.

However, characters like Roshi and Beerus most iconic moments in the series and their in character attack choices straight up aren’t that. I mean, in the 21st and 22nd Martial Arts Tournaments, his attacks of choice were always the esoteric arts when he needs to fight seriously. This is even true when he’s brought back for the ToP. The fact that his only “Hax” move throughout the entire fight is the Mafuba is absolutely insane.

It’s even worse for Beerus, though, because arguably his only, and most iconic, fight that defines his entire character was overlooked entirely for fight interesting choreography. (To put it into perspective, Beerus has only 4 serious known fights. 2 happened mostly offscreen {Beerus V Champa we saw a brief last 3 clash skirmish, and the GoD Exhibition Brawl was only really shown the first few pages to establish Beerus has imperfect UI, both manga only}, 1 is total filler and a gag from the anime, and the final one is SSG Goku V Beerus. Of which 3 versions exist—The film, which is old canon and has aged very poorly, the manga, which is mostly offscreen, and the Anime, which is a multi-episode long scuffle that is the new canon—Especially since at the time Death Battle clearly valued the anime continuities over the other material).

Now, do I actually share those complaints? (Or rather, do I think it’s a serious issue to complain about?) Lmao no. I think the episodes are perfect as they are and don’t need changing. Would they potentially be more interesting if they used more of their hax? Maybe? But a large appeal within Dragon Ball, fundamentally, is its simplicity. Not to mention often those hax would not have mattered within the fight whatsoever.

(P.S: The only other fight with Beerus is SSJ3 Goku V Beerus, which was a two shot.)

Last edited:
What is the original meaning of being Outerversal? Because I'm seeing characters being claimed to be Outerversal left and right.

What is the original meaning of being Outerversal? Because I'm seeing characters being claimed to be Outerversal left and right.
Original meaning is meaningless wank nonsense

I think its best to interpret it as "beyond dimensions". So when they wank 5D, 6D, 11D, Infinite D, Outerversal is just beyond them, the idea of dimensions.

It kind of seems like thats what the recent 1-A changes did here too, focus on being "beyond dimensions". I think this is good enough explanation?

Every single tier up to Low 1-A was, and still is, based on dimensional hierarquies

Outerversal is meant to represent something that transcends dimensionality itself and is beyond the entirety of space-time

But people happened to misinterpret it and make every "out of space-time" statements equal to Outerversal

blazblue_matchup_chart__by_grimreaperguy95_di4kqfl-fullview.jpg

All the blogs use this feat so Death Battle will take it literally to say Eggman can't kill Bowser.
So how do extra lives, like... WORK in a vs debate? In game they just reset you at a certain point, right? Iirc Bowser and other bosses sometimes remark about your past losses, so, theoretically, wouldn't it be a case of not "regenerating" fast enough for a match and count as a loss?

By chance I was remembering Fulgore vs Sektor. Apparently it was decent enough deal then that people wanted them to use Cyrax instead of Sektor. Does anyone who knows MK know why Cyrak would have been better pick?

^I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and assume (at least some of them) they ment this and take it seriously on some level.

So how do extra lives, like... WORK in a vs debate? In game they just reset you at a certain point, right? Iirc Bowser and other bosses sometimes remark about your past losses, so, theoretically, wouldn't it be a case of not "regenerating" fast enough for a match and count as a loss?
They will probably be counted as straight up revivals in the battle. So Bowser dies and then just comes back.

Back