• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I remember that shit was funny

Because the community don't get the idea that the general audience for better or worse(depending on the answer) don't care for whatever shit that's popular down in another country or a show that's long past its popularity
Yeah, the Smash and DB community in many regards have very narrow taste in normieshit at times. It's why the Western Smash fandom seethed at Dragon Quest Hero in Smash, while the Japanese audience was very happy as Dragon Quest is the biggest thing ever in Japan.

On another note: I've just finished binging all of ATLA, and I'm currently watching Korra now.
And I may have come up with another silly MU that works for reasons that it shouldn't:

fzLwaph.png

Tenzin (The Legend of Korra) vs Dia Kurosawa (Love Live continuity / Granblue powerset)

Both are forms of 'tutors' to the main character, whilst opposing either certain methods of learning/teaching, or taking umbrage with the fundamental concept(s) of their stories altogether (Tenzin trying to teach Korra airbending, and being disapproving of 'bending sports' for traditionalist reasons, before outing himself as being knowledgeable of the rulesets of said sport, and Dia shooting down any Idol-based activities in her School as head of the Student Council, before it came to light that Uranohoshi's 3rd years were previously part of an Idol group themselves, to wit Dia had some of the most knowledge on Muse, much to her dismay). Tenzin is also part of the Republic City council, in the same way Dia is (or was) president of the SC.

Why would they be able to survive something made to kill them? If it can kill Viltrumites, it can kill anyone else
Yeah, I think I just misread it.
Okay reading through this I guess I can kinda see where Speedy is coming from
I can see it too, but I'm not really knowledgeable enough to point out errors. It feels wrong, but I don't know where it goes wrong.
That's one of the many parallels between DB and Smash.
... That makes way more sense than it should.

Treat the planet that you scale the sun disk off via angsizing like a brown dwarf, that's how you get Speedy numbers.(not kidding)

There is so much wrong with that, if you can't tell, but eh, I'm done harping on this butchering of a calc.
It means nothing when again the Sun itself was ******* up Thragg and Mark who were >Nolan
Let alone other factor's

Yeah, none of that matters. Can you honestly tell me that you think anyone involved in writing Dragon Ball believes that these characters can destroy more universes than exists in their cosmology? You really think Toriyama was thinking "Oh yeah, this character's AP is gonna let them destroy 80 trillion universes" when he was writing DB?
Toriyama was busy creating childhoods

That's literally all I see about this MU.

Columbo is apparently God level intellect that can solve anything and would deduce the Death Note in a flash. While Light is a buffoon who would crack under a single shred of interrogation.

I can't tell if this is a meme or people are being serious
Uh no. Light Yagami made two mistakes in Death Note, and otherwise kept his composure throughout the series. Plus, going by narrative, he has outsmarted a character who stopped WW3 as a child. Doubt Columbo comes close to that.

are there any valid wincons for Girono?

because as i see it rn, Joker should just win
Does joker resist GER
That's the thing
It doesn't matter the stats it's obvious who wins on that

Beens arguments for Joker Resisting GER and ones suggesting he doesn't so frankly the arguments to resist need to be iron clad enough to outweigh the ones that suggest otherwise

I think they should definitely do now it’s just list a doc of all their calculations and how they got it. They should be far more transparent with the community now considering the fans have funded 20+ episodes.
They need pick and choose what there gonna black box cause didn't we not learn from Ben vs Hal post analysis issues?

Because the disk literally gets contridicted by Viltrum since if you go by that not only would should omniman be able to do it alone he'd also won't risk death

Not to mention scaling nolen to that laser is already questionable to begin with since we never see any Viltrumites shot with it it not being effective could literally just be them dodging because it's slow

Also the space racer gun can kill Viltrumites and it didn't destroy Viltrum either

The Viltrum feat is focused on cause the full context is ignored in the episode. It's emphasized by Thaddeus that all 3 Viltrumites had to hit the planet at the same exact after the core was destabilized or else they'd fail and die. If the solar disk "feat" was true, why was the risk of death and failure emphasized so much?

Why was Space Racer's gun needed to destabilize the core? It likely wasn't the heat cause Invincible and Thragg fought in the sun longer than it would have taken them to fly through the core.

Where is the evidence that the ship laser wouldn't work on them? Where is the proof that "the ship can withstand its own firepower"?

The solar disc "feat" makes literally every viltrumite and character that has fought a viltrumite thousands of times stronger than the strongest feat actually shown in the series. It directly contradicts the struggle of destroying Planet Viltrum with shaky reasoning using vague "evidence".

Back