• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Come on man, people have Dragon Ball characters being able to destroy more universes than exist in their entire cosmology trillions of times over.
That is due to the multipliers and even so dragon ball has ki control, hence even back in dbz characters beyond planet busting dont destroying the surroundings whenever they clash in close combat, DC and AP are different things, former has area of effect besides just the levels that matches AP
Do you really think that fits the narrative? You think Bardock being billions of times FTL fits the narrative? Why the hell would Zeno of all people be considered so terrifying if any random asshole in the Tournament of Power could clench their asscheeks and wipe out the entire multiverse in the narrative?
Also Bardock had Toei scaling which is above that of canon here

That is due to the multipliers and even so dragon ball has ki control, hence even back in dbz characters beyond planet busting dont destroying the surroundings whenever they clash in close combat, DC and AP are different things, former has area of effect besides just the levels that matches AP
Yeah, none of that matters. Can you honestly tell me that you think anyone involved in writing Dragon Ball believes that these characters can destroy more universes than exists in their cosmology? You really think Toriyama was thinking "Oh yeah, this character's AP is gonna let them destroy 80 trillion universes" when he was writing DB?

Come on man, people have Dragon Ball characters being able to destroy more universes than exist in their entire cosmology trillions of times over. Do you really think that fits the narrative? You think Bardock being billions of times FTL fits the narrative? Why the hell would Zeno of all people be considered so terrifying if any random asshole in the Tournament of Power could clench their asscheeks and wipe out the entire multiverse in the narrative?

Powerscaling and a story's narrative are the two most incompatible things ever. Months ago you had Ida from MHA going at Transonic speeds be considered this insane feat of speed within the story when people already say that he was breaking the sound barrier way early on.
Zeno erased a timeline. Way more impressive than being multiversal in terms of Dragon Ball cosmology.

Besides, he was talking about an anti-feat. Invicible directly contradicts Nolan being as strong as DB put him. Nothing in Dragon Ball contradicts Toei SSJ Bardock being where we scale him.

While power scaling and narrative don't always get along, they influence each other.

Yeah, none of that matters. Can you honestly tell me that you think anyone involved in writing Dragon Ball believes that these characters can destroy more universes than exists in their cosmology? You really think Toriyama was thinking "Oh yeah, this character's AP is gonna let them destroy 80 trillion universes" when he was writing DB?
No, but at the same time, we don't have anything telling us they can't.

And a lot of that does matter, as they are in universe reasons why these characters with AP>cosmology aren't nuking it every time they fight.

Buddy like it or not, the multipliers give these numbers, doesnt matter if Toriyama thinks or not that, he doesnt powerscale

Also casuals dont seem to question it whenever the multipliers add such numbers of universal destruction

Come on man, people have Dragon Ball characters being able to destroy more universes than exist in their entire cosmology trillions of times over. Do you really think that fits the narrative? You think Bardock being billions of times FTL fits the narrative? Why the hell would Zeno of all people be considered so terrifying if any random asshole in the Tournament of Power could clench their asscheeks and wipe out the entire multiverse in the narrative?

Powerscaling and a story's narrative are the two most incompatible things ever. Months ago you had Ida from MHA going at Transonic speeds be considered this insane feat of speed within the story when people already say that he was breaking the sound barrier way early on.

Maybe but when it comes to certain series it do matter

Also Bardock had Toei scaling which is above that of canon here
This and another factor

Invincible has no other feats superior to the Viltrum feat

Invincible handicapped on the basis theres no feats after the Viltrum war comes close we don't even have an idea on how massively stronger they are to upscale them from that feat

It took Three top tier viltrutmites and a space ray gun to **** with the planets core to make the feat happen otherwise they died upon impact
Meanwhile while others like Dragon Ball and Marvel and DC will have some dumb shit there have other shit to make it easy excuse and shit

Invincible don't even have lesser feats outside the size of Texas meteor shit that can make it easier to buy them to go beyond the Viltrum by a metric margin

Meanwhile canon DB has

Three cases of vastly Wesker characters nuking moons without issue
Vegeta stating he can nuke the planet and guidebook confirming he can do that
a power level of 10,000 being enough to nuke a planet by another
First Form Frieza casually nuking a planet 10x earths gravity with a finger

Factor the anime shit gets even more lopsided with King Vegeta hand wave 3 planets and Saiyan Saga Vegeta nuking a planet and it's moon out casually

RDT_20241009_1006495044806906096818915.jpg

63 Pages

Jesus Christ, I just read, nay, journeyed through 63 pages of some of the biggest coping, seething and malding I've seen in a looooooooong time! It is has been many days, and only now has my scaling of this monumentous mountain of salt ended. Not since the elder days of Screwattack Forums, the first age of Death Battle, have I witnessed such calamity.

Death Battle is back baby!

Down to the fact that they have large sects of the fandoms who can't understand Japanese audiences like things too (such as the Smash fandoms reaction to Dragon Quest and the DB communities reaction to series like Getter Robo).
DB fans are so limited in what they know about. I remember people not knowing who Sauron was on their discord

63 Pages

Jesus Christ, I just read, nay, journeyed through 63 pages of some of the biggest coping, seething and malding I've seen in a looooooooong time! It is has been many days, and only now has my scaling of this monumentous mountain of salt ended. Not since the elder days of Screwattack Forums, the first age of Death Battle, have I witnessed such calamity.

Death Battle is back baby!
Boomers are back baby!

Ahhh yes Large Star lv🫡
I mean the gun is likely High 4-C but no-one scales to it. So we've got:

*Galactus at home who is literally featless, gets munched on by a mid-tier Earth "hero" dino but has off-screen/panel statements about destroying planets, star systems and a universe.

*An in universe and dubiously canon crossover with another Superman parody plus his sister who are both intentionally written to have inconsistent power levels varying from shaking continents to lifting two universes and everything in-between (there's even a 1-B statement because ofc).

*A giant sundisk feat that is a headache to calculate and interpret, thus is debatable if it's even useable let alone universally quantifiable.

*An space gun that canonically pierces anything hits and well it literally one shots anyone, so... yeah...

Tier 4 Invincible is legit (memes aside) but Nolan scaling to it, well that's the rub lol!

DB fans are so limited in what they know about. I remember people not knowing who Sauron was on their discord
I remember that shit was funny
Down to the fact that they have large sects of the fandoms who can't understand Japanese audiences like things too (such as the Smash fandoms reaction to Dragon Quest and the DB communities reaction to series like Getter Robo).
Because the community don't get the idea that the general audience for better or worse(depending on the answer) don't care for whatever shit that's popular down in another country or a show that's long past its popularity

I swear, Kira vs Columbo is a wet dream for people who want Columbo to humiliate Light while Light has mental breakdowns and that's all that crappy MU is good for
That's literally all I see about this MU.

Columbo is apparently God level intellect that can solve anything and would deduce the Death Note in a flash. While Light is a buffoon who would crack under a single shred of interrogation.

I can't tell if this is a meme or people are being serious

Back