• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Discussion Thread 05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything below a speedster in DC/Marvel have been ruled as at most supersonic, which is weird since they don't dismiss anything as an outlier recently so those characters should all be some degree of FTL by their own logic

Maskofthedragon said:
Anything below a speedster in DC/Marvel have been ruled as at most supersonic, which is weird since they don't dismiss anything as an outlier recently so those characters should all be some degree of FTL by their own logic
SA gives relativistic reaction speeds to Jack and Afro.

They claim they do not straight out say meh outlier but will look into the cause for the outlier feat. Like they say Roshi's moon busting feat in DB (pre Saiyan Saga) is legit but consumes much stamina in DB so is treated by normies as outliers but is not an issue in DBS so Roshi is moon busting and sub-relativistic at minimum (since Roshi at that time can contend with FTL planet and galaxy busters during DBS).

But how do they dare discard Electro's lightning feats though? (They could pull our Lina out and say Electro can only shoot electricity - not lightning - at Mach 1.* instead of Mach 1294)

Star Platinum was also given relativistic speeds, which should've definitely been FTL if it weren't for "muh Silver Chariot cornered Hanged Man so less than lightspeed".

Yobo Blue said:
I just hope one day we can get a actual SMT character in DB
Should we start from Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei < Shin Megami Tensei < Devil Summoner < Megami Ibunroku / Persona (we just have a brief walkthrough at P3 thanks to Mitsuru Kirijo)?
Like...

Ben Singer: (1) We have other franchises to cover and we need to make sure the normies know what they are watching.
(2) We have tight time constraints: 1 minute intro, 5-6 min for each combatant with verse explanation and power descriptioon, 4-6 min for the actual fight, and 2-4 min for the post-analysis. Also 0.5-1 min for the next time intro.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they would bring up franchises from countries other than US, UK and Japan. (afaik Harry Potter originates as a British franchise first)

And... Johnny Cages a DEATH BATTLE! preview on Youtube

Zeldasmash said:
Jasonsith said:
So looks like nobody cares that...
Community Death Battle now is Weiss Schnee vs Samus Ara (Zero Suit)

And Weiss Schnee was given an option to fight Elsa (Frozen) instead. But Samusbsis still chosen. Weiss is doomed no pushover can save her now.
I think "Dust" will be referring to something else in this.....
Even the normies are aware Samus Aran survived this at 9.817 kilotons TNT.

Weiss' wanked AP tops at 230 tons TNT.

She "ha-snow" chance against Mitsuru, she has zero chance against Samus.

Maybe I am too late to ask: has it been discussed whether the Inner Power of Johnny Cage is a general boost in his powers or is it a specific power against the Elder Gods? (And where is that discussion if there is one?)

So, your final bet? All I see is that Johnny is stronger and more durable, yet Falcon, assuming this is canon Falcon from the anime, is faster.

I'm pretty sure Jonny is going to win due to being more skilled and stronger (but as I said in the LOZ Upgrade thread Captain Falcon does have a galaxy level belt and also beat god in a race so they might make Falcon win thanks to that)

Captain Falcon's AP: Massively upscales from 970 Kilotons or 0.97 Megatons

Inner Power Cage's AP: Upscales from 9.63982388237265 Megatons

The problem is Falcon can just one shot Cage before he transforms. If Cage transforms then he blitzes and one shots. So, due to how Death Battle works, I have no dang clue who will win.

I thought Inner Power Johnny was only as powerful as he is because the Inner Power was basically kryptonite to the Elder Gods.

Anyways, I see Captain Falcon landing a hit before Cage can transform, and thus winning.

And the DBCast is wrong again. All of them voted for Weiss to beat Zero Suit Samus.

Their logic was only that Samus doesn't have any real lethal options and that she can get frozen/hurt by Weiss's ice attacks.

Even though Samus only needs her fists as she drastically outclasses Weiss in stats and can simply one-shot her as her AP directly scales to her Durability. She can also dodge lightning, which puts her above any speed feat of Weiss.

Both of those points were brought up, yet they ignored them and said that she doesn't have any lethal options and that Weiss will stab her with an icicle and kill Samus.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Anyways, I see Captain Falcon landing a hit before Cage can transform, and thus winning.
Highly doubt it. DB tends to let the combatants use all their forms even though a previous form would get one-shot by the opponent. Besides, I don't think they would have brought it up in the analysis if they weren't going to let him use it.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Both of those points were brought up, yet they ignored them and said that she doesn't have any lethal options and that Weiss will stab her with an icicle and kill Samus.
They need to realize there is no such thing as non lethal, there is only less lethal

From a less Versus-focused standpoint, I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Falcon lost; "No such thing as bad publicity", & SA is no stranger to that. I dunno if JC is more popular than CF, but imagine the outrage & attention if someone as memetic & popular as Captain Falcon lost, being brutally killed in one of their very often watched animations.

Especially if it's being killed by the 2nd form of Johnny after a prolonged fight with a 1st form CF should've one-shot. A big mismatch where people say "Death Battle was wrong" would probably get attention for them. More views & such.

But who knows, maybe they won't try to get popularity via outrage & I'm just being paranoid.

@Unoriginal Memes

Community Death Battle only draws ideas from the public they notice. And they do not presume AP always equal to durability. So in their eyes they will have Large Building AP Small Town dura High Hypersonic Samus fighting Weiss with MCB AP plus weakness exploitation plus "time stop" by time dilation glyph plus speed amp by bouncing glyphs.

And what is the mind for the next Community Death Battle? Like Poison Ivy vs Petey Piranha is a horrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back