• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Discussion Thread 05

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do not discard outliers IMMEDIATELY but they will examine why this exist. They did not day they accept outliers immediately. Like in Roshi vs Jiraiya, they accept Roshi busting a moon feat as Roshi just does not have good stamina to keep firing but still has the skill to fire it. And in DBS he can fire above moon level already. They did not discard or accept outliers immediately. Else we will have multiversal Batman and hyperversal Black Panther.

And the poll for Poison Ivy vs Petey Piranha is finally out.

^

Tbh, the poll was out yesterday.

And now I have another point. Her toxins are basically only usable on humans or beings similar to humans. She hasn't affected any sentient plant form like Petey.

But I really just want to stop arguing about this.

"Else we will have multiversal Batman and hyperversal Black Panther."

It doesn't scale to BP's AP and it would only be something BP can do no one else.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Because Petey blitzes and one-shots. Probably the only reason why Poison Ivy got to control Supes was because he let his guard down.
And DC Comics and Marvel Comics are among the worlds with outliers like The Joker and Deathstroke defeating the almost the entire Justice League (including Superman and Wonder Woman).

Petey blitzing and one-shotting Poison Ivy is much like King Dedede to Wario or Roshi to Jiraiya.

And the G1 Blog for Johnny Cage vs Captain Falco is there.

Wow they say Black Shadow (whom Captain Falco scale to) actually reaches High 7-A - way higher than even Inner Power Johnny Cage. And they doubt if Johnny Cage can even tap into his Inner Power.

It's actually cause characters don't actively move at MFTL+ speeds always in every fight and at the moment of fighting but you keep treating those stats like they're the bible buddy.

Xtas said:
It's actually cause characters don't actively move at MFTL+ speeds always in every fight and at the moment of fighting but you keep treating those stats like they're the bible buddy.
This comment always ticks me off. "Stop treating these stats like they're the bible", you mean like how every versus debator treat their respective stats for characters? If he agrees with certain stats, then yes, he's going to see them as fact. As long as no one has debunked said stats, he has no reason to change said beliefs. People please...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Xtas said:
This comment always ticks me off. "Stop treating these stats like they're the bible", you mean like how every versus debator treat their respective stats for characters? If he agrees with certain stats, then yes, he's going to see them as fact. As long as no one has debunked said stats, he has no reason to change said beliefs. People please...
If you can prove me that the Piranha Plant always moves at MFTL speeds and it's not just it's highest showing I will stop saying that for this specific fight. You absolutely have to take in the character into account here when debating AND NOT JUST THEIR STATS. I have an example at hand, Faora in the DCEU. She fights by constantly using her speed. Piranha Plant? He absolutely does not.

"If you can prove me that the Piranha Plant always moves at MFTL speeds and it's not just it's highest showing I will stop saying that for this specific fight"

You don't need to constantly be at these speeds to be able to blitz and utter outspeed someone way slower than you. A character who has to consistently fight other MFTL+ characters will naturally fight in their natural speeds. There is a reason speed blitzing is a thing in versus battle in general, not just on this site. Whether it's a highest showing means literally nothing if it scales to their base speed. You disagree, make a CRT.

"You absolutely have to take in the character into account here when debating AND NOT JUST THEIR STATS."

And would it not be natural for a guy who fights MFTL+ characters to fight at their normal speed. And yes, character is important, however if the stats do not line up, then someone gets speed blitzed or AP stomped. That's how we choose to treat speed. You disagree? Well then that's you. I disagree with your viewpoint. I could very well say "Stop treating your viewpoints as the bible". Why won't I say that? Because, people have different ways to vs debate.

"Faora in the DCEU. She fights by constantly using her speed. Piranha Plant? He absolutely does not."

This example is literally pointless. Being a speed fighter doesn't mean anything if she's slower than her opponent's speed stat.

Note: Why are we using Smash Piranha Plant? It's a non-canon version of it. Would Canon PP even be this level?

Cause some guy had the audacity to tell me Piranha Plant would blitz Poison Ivy, a character who is very liberal with the use of her Mind Control (especially when it came to plants and MALES of any species, which Piranha Plant falls upon), while only looking at the speed and the AP of the person and ignoring everything that makes Poison Ivy, well, Poison Ivy. How characters start their fight absolutely matters in this case cause I know that Poison Ivy will start the fight with mind control but stating that Piranha Plant would blitz her is the iffiest thing I've ever heard, cause again, that just means you're looking at the stats instead of debating the actual characters. The example is not literally pointless cause it shows how a character fights, (aka Faora actually utilizes her speed showcased in the speed category in her profile instead of just having MTFL fight speed but it never actually amounting to anything worthwhile).

"How characters start their fight absolutely matters in this case cause I know that Poison Ivy will start the fight with mind control but stating that Piranha Plant would blitz her is the iffiest thing I've ever heard, cause again, that just means you're looking at the stats instead of debating the actual characters."

Character means nothing if the opponent attacks to fast for the other to react or even think, especially if they are far faster in reaction/combat speed. Only time character would hinder this is if the faster one's fighting style is to wait and react.

"The example is not literally pointless cause it shows how a character fights, (aka Faora actually utilizes her speed showcased in the speed category in her profile instead of just having MTFL fight speed but it never actually amounting to anything worthwhile)."

This ironically has nothing to do with my comment in the first place as I was not debating the fight, just the whole "taking stats as the bible" comment which I despise. Regardless, her using her speed is neat. Still means nothing. A MFTL+ character all around would attack much faster than a MHS+ character could even think. That's how that works. Whether one is a speed fighter or not means nothing when it comes to blitzing. Also Piranha Plant is MFTL+ all around, not just movement speed.

Come to me when Piranha Plant utilizes his speed in a fight in any way which actually means he'll blitz Poison Ivy before she utilizes her abilities which counter him.

Also,

"Cause some guy had the audacity to tell me Piranha Plant would blitz Poison Ivy"

Do you not realize how this sounds? Get off that high horse.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
10/10 Argument.
It actually is an argument cause Poison Ivy's mind control has worked on Superman and Superboy.

"its an outlier"

She's done it multiple times.

"comics are known to downplay characters"

Piranha Plant gets his scaling from a singular character in Mario. Poison Ivy has done this multiple times to Massively FTL characters. Your argument hinges on a stat without looking into the characters themselves. It is a valid argument as Piranha Plant doesn't utilize his speed in any way that matters.

SupersonicWarriorZ said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
They are apparently using the Smash versions.
So the featless version
ok
The version of the Piranha Plant who scales to Kirby (who was on a Warp Star at the moment aka not his actual speed) who managed to evade Galeem's beams. While no one else did. Yet they still scale to Kirby... for some reason? Even though the Kirby itself was not moving at FTL speeds, it was under the power of the Warp Star. Hillarious, right?

Xtas said:
Come to me when Piranha Plant utilizes his speed in a fight in any way which actually means he'll blitz Poison Ivy before she utilizes her abilities which counter him.
First of all, Mind Control works only on humans and beings similar to them. She has never use Mind Control on any sentient plant form like Petey. And, one again, that's a terrible argument. Petey casually moves at MFTL+ speeds, and he usually starts a fight by attacking somebody. So he'll just attack Ivy before she can think.

Xtas said:
SupersonicWarriorZ said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
So the featless version
ok
The version of the Piranha Plant who scales to Kirby (who was on a Warp Star at the moment aka not his actual speed) who managed to evade Galeem's beams. While no one else did. Yet they still scale to Kirby... for some reason? Even though the Kirby itself was not moving at FTL speeds, it was under the power of the Warp Star. Hillarious, right?
That's a desperate way to get feats for a character that has none, kek

Unoriginal Memes said:
Xtas said:
First of all, Mind Control works only on humans and beings similar to them. She has never use Mind Control on any sentient plant form like Petey. And, one again, that's a terrible argument. Petey casually moves at MFTL+ speeds, and he usually starts a fight by attacking somebody. So he'll just attack Ivy before she can think.
Not really, it works on animals too. You're still scaling Petey Piranha from Swamp Thing which is the worst thing I've ever heard of. They're both connected to the Green, so that's the reason she can't mind control him. He won't blitz her, cause she's mind controlled both Superman and Superboy in the past. Don't come at me with this dumb argument.

SupersonicWarriorZ said:
Xtas said:
SupersonicWarriorZ said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
So the featless version
ok
That's a desperate way to get feats for a character that has none, kek
The fact that they all scale to Kirby who wasn't even evading the light beams on his own baffles me cause even he was you clearly all see them engulfed by the light. It's such a weird experience.

Yeah, they're using the one that blitzes and one-shots. Either the canon or Smash version wins due to that. Btw, Smash isn't Petey Piranha. Just Piranha Plant.

If anyone wants to make the argument that Batman's villains scale to Superman go right ahead.

Argue character all you want. Without plot getting in the way, no one in their right mind is going to wait for a character hundreds of times slower (if you're using DB's stats) to quadrillions of times slower (using our stats) to move in a fight to the death. Poison Ivy gets hit and she dies before she can do anything about it. End of story. And yes, stats are more important than anything else. Why the heck do you think speed equalized is so prominent on here?

The real cal howard said:
Yeah, they're using the one that blitzes and one-shots. Either the canon or Smash version wins due to that. Btw, Smash isn't Petey Piranha. Just Piranha Plant.
If anyone wants to make the argument that Batman's villains scale to Superman go right ahead.

Argue character all you want. Without plot getting in the way, no one in their right mind is going to wait for a character hundreds of times slower (if you're using DB's stats) to quadrillions of times slower (using our stats) to move in a fight to the death. Poison Ivy gets hit and she dies before she can do anything about it. End of story. And yes, stats are more important than anything else. Why the heck do you think speed equalized is so prominent on here?
Cause people on here don't understand how fights actually work. Don't people here not believe in damage accumulation as well making characters like Jotaro and Dio effectively useless?

"It actually is an argument cause Poison Ivy's mind control has worked on Superman and Superboy."its an outlier". She's done it multiple times."

There can be multiple outliers. Not my call however. What is the context here? Who she mindhaxes doesn't matter you know. It's whether she can use it before getting hit.

"Piranha Plant gets his scaling from a singular character in Mario. Poison Ivy has done this multiple times to Massively FTL characters. Your argument hinges on a stat without looking into the characters themselves. It is a valid argument as Piranha Plant doesn't utilize his speed in any way that matters."

If you disagree with PP stats, make a CRT. Ummm, when have I debated who'd win? I could careless about the fight. My argument is to your logic directly. It doesn't matter. If one character attacks faster than the other thinks, then the one who attacks wins. Especially if that's their base speed stat.

>Nobody reacts to the light beams.

>Link parries quite a few before getting overwhelmed.

>Mewtwo, Zelda, and Palutena manage to put up barriers before one can hit them, albeit the barriers fall immediately.

>Lucario, Greninja, and Bayonetta all manage to dodge at least one before getting overwhelmed.

>Kirby dodges countless before he outspeeds them.

Totally unreactable, dudes.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"It actually is an argument cause Poison Ivy's mind control has worked on Superman and Superboy."its an outlier". She's done it multiple times."
There can be multiple outliers. Not my call however. What is the context here? Who she mindhaxes doesn't matter you know. It's whether she can use it before getting hit.

"Piranha Plant gets his scaling from a singular character in Mario. Poison Ivy has done this multiple times to Massively FTL characters. Your argument hinges on a stat without looking into the characters themselves. It is a valid argument as Piranha Plant doesn't utilize his speed in any way that matters."

If you disagree with PP stats, make a CRT. Ummm, when have I debated who'd win? I could careless about the fight. My argument is to your logic directly. It doesn't matter. If one character attacks faster than the other thinks, then the one who attacks wins. Especially if that's their base speed stat.
Alright well don't speak to me unless it's about the context of the lesser version of Death Battle's fight, cause I was under the impression that's what this was about. I don't care about lapses in logic, if you can disprove me on the fight itself though I'd start caring and refute your points.

"Cause people on here don't understand how fights actually work. Don't people here not believe in damage accumulation as well making characters like Jotaro and Dio effectively useless?"

Because, you are the God of Vs Battles here right? I love this ego you have. So you say we don't understand how fights work, but you do. I'm sorry, but whose treating one's word like the bible now? The irony is strong. If you get up on such a high horse, you are going to fall.

"Alright well don't speak to me unless it's about the context of the lesser version of Death Battle's fight, cause I was under the impression that's what this was about. I don't care about lapses in logic, if you can disprove me on the fight itself though I'd start caring and refute your points."

So now you think you can tell me what to do? You are a riot. You don't care about lapses in logic? Basically, if it goes against your ideals, you don't want to listen. Whether you care or not, I am still going to point them out. You ignoring them is your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back