• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Discussion Thread 05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsuyoku hakanaki mono yo kono te wo hiki michibiite

Shinjitsu to yoberu basho ga aru nara

Tomadoi kizutsuite mo kono chiheisen no mukou

Mada kotae wa mienai

SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH...

I'll insist on this DB, I am pretty surprised they played it fair, even if both were heavily downplayed.

TartaChocholate said:
Tsuyoku hakanaki mono yo kono te wo hiki michibiite

Shinjitsu to yoberu basho ga aru nara

Tomadoi kizutsuite mo kono chiheisen no mukou

Mada kotae wa mienai

SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH...

I'll insist on this DB, I am pretty surprised they played it fair, even if both were heavily downplayed.
Well Mitsuru was. Weiss' AP was actually an Upgrade from how this wiki see's her. (Durability and speed was downplayed for both though.)

I'm proud of them for not having Weiss vs Mitsuru be unfair.

What I hated:

The nitrogen bullshit. I feel like that's not something you can translate to how hard you can hit someone with an ice projectile, or how powerful you are at any of your other attacks.

They mentioned in a sidebar that both have MHS feats. Which is true. Also Weiss's feats are legit, just that unlike us, they didn't see them as outliers. Which is fair. So I don't judge them negatively on their evaluations on Weiss.

Also of all RWBY girls to get a "quiet" death, I'm glad it was Weiss. Any of the others I would've cried bs on, but I at least like Weiss enough that I wouldn't mind a simple execution.

Amexim said:

What I hated:

The nitrogen bullshit. I feel like that's not something you can translate to how hard you can hit someone with an ice projectile, or how powerful you are at any of your other attacks.
Where did they say it translated to there other attacks?

Flat out they mentioned Weiss' summons and her other dust do not beat out mitsuru's 21 ton durability feat. Which wouldn't be true if they scaled weiss' other attacks to her 200+ ton feat. also doesn't this wiki use similar methods for freezing feats?

Amexim said:
What I hated:

Ice seems to be hilariously inefficient as a tool in fights

I'd say this battle was decently accurate. They were quite accurate with Weiss' feats, and while Mitsuru was downplayed a bit, I'm always willing to give DB a bit of leeway. We have to remember that while DB isn't always 100% accurate, neither are we. CRTs happen and things change.

Spoilers
Can I just discuss how the next Death Battle may end up having a rather problematic DB up next, because of the way that the canon could end up, with Captain Falcon? Within the Legend of Falcon you only have Falcon Punch and Boost Fire, but Smash Bros. is the one with a full set of actual moves.
The problem that rises with this is it'd end up being a case of Selective usage of Canon within the discussion, and omitting feats from the Smash Bros. universe, despite using all his attacks from it. I may just be crazy, but am I wrong in this deduction?

So I just saw the fight. Death Battle has officially redeemed themselves. Ben vs Hal was a bit of a flop, but DB is finally being actually accurate.

Hal vs Ben was right if your using a pre crisis Hal + his absurd outlier high end feats from his post crisis/Current state.

Don't see how this fight redeemed in anyway.

The Smashor said:
Also Pre-Crisis wasn't 2-C at the time.
It's more of his high-end Post-Crisis outliers that made him win. Like how he damaged to Mandrakk and containing the U-Bomb. Also, Hal basically blitzes even without those outliers.

I was under the idea that that calculation was meant to translate to their "AP" basically. Otherwise it's just how much ice they can make, which is more range, weight, and quality of ability rather than how hard you can hit with it. If they didn't use that amount of energy they can produce in any of their energy attacks, then that calc is basically useless, since otherwise all they do is make BIG ICE.

Amexim said:
I was under the idea that that calculation was meant to translate to their "AP" basically. Otherwise it's just how much ice they can make, which is more range, weight, and quality of ability rather than how hard you can hit with it. If they didn't use that amount of energy they can produce in any of their energy attacks, then that calc is basically useless, since otherwise all they do is make BIG ICE.
While what Weiss does maybe forming ice constructs at best, Mitsuru does use the ice powers to "kirito freeze" enemies to immobilisation and direct attack. So Mitsuru has better ice powers and her ice powers translate to AP.

The durability feat also shows a more proper calculation than before (inb4 it is their job to analyse (Ditto))

The Smashor said:
Did you see Yang vs Tifa?

Everyone thought they were going to do that again because Rooster Teeth Partnership.

Also Pre-Crisis wasn't 2-C at the time.
I'm aware of it and honestly wasn't surprised weiss lost given her poor W/L track record against non Grimm. That and Weiss losing would be away to kill the idea they'll be bias for Rwby characters. Also DB been more accurate in terms of results then they were before Pre crisis Hal is low 2-c on the higher end than alien x which would be enough.

Does that mean we would get a Weiss upgrade for the feat she did as they said in the episode? As I recall, they said something about 231.5 tons of TNT from this. That is 8-A.

I think that's a outlier

But then again qrow's reason to why he is city block level is because he is stronger then penny but by how much tho and the mech was only knocked down by ruby to make that earthquake

Its just for the manga so once they are done volume 1 we could make rwby manga versions (the viz one that comes out once a month) and we are talking about Weiss freezing feat from death battle

According to DB, the RWBY manga is non-canon when it comes to their bigger feats. Also, the ice thing seems to makes sense to me, it shows that her Semblance and Dust control can manipulate that much energy. Don't we have profiles on this site that say stuff like "10-A physically, *whatever tier* with magic" or something like that? Similar thing here. Also, I agree with their assessment that it takes less energy to freeze saltwater than it does to freeze air. I'm not quite sure why they used nitrogen as a base for freezing the air. I know nitrogen has a lower freezing point than water, so maybe freezing just that will freeze the air around it by proxy, but I'm not sure

TitanCrusher101 said:
Can we talk about how clever animating Whiz and Boomstick is? Just recently realized it will be used as "feats" for Whiz vs Boomstick!
Wiz has transmutation (in Mario vs Sonic 2018) and so is Boomstick (transmutrated some interns excluding Jocelyn into fur coats)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back