• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC comics: 3-A Rebirth new gods and let's talk about consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.
First: I'm a new member and I don't speak English perfectly, sorry for the typos

And come on, the new gods has multiple feats and inultilizable powerscalling

Darkseid: First let's see the fights of darkseid with another characters of the DC who aren't 3-A:

Vs justice league: The JL can't make any damage in darkseid without the Wonder Woman's Sword. Darkseid Koed all of JL members many times

Vs Wonders of Earth two: The Wonders can't make any damage without Multiversal Green Alan Scott or Attack his eyes. Darkseid Koed all of the Wonders many times without any difficulty

That it, the 4-B level is an error

Wonder Woman called him the most powerful entity in the existence. Wonder Woman meets Skyfathers like Parallax Sinestro

Darkseid Stomps the multiversal Green Alan Scott, who has the power of the green of the all of the universes

Darkseid can absorb entire universes, the anti-monitor can also do this and they are on the same level

Orion: All of Orion's appearances in the comics of Wonder Woman and Derivatives are not canonical because the Rebirth arc, called "The Truth", reveals that all editions of New Wonder Woman 52 comics are false memories, so powerscalling with Superman and Wonder Woman are non-canon

Orion and his soldiers can solo an entire corp of green lanterns. The green lantern corps can contain a Galaxy level explosion

And mysteriously orion survived a attack of Perpetuathat killed the Highfather (who is on the same level as darkseid), so he is on the darkseid level

First: I'm a new member and I don't speak English perfectly, sorry for the typos
Happens to the best of us.
Multiple earths=/=all the universes. Idk why this is multiversal.https://m.imgur.com/a/UJKjG
You should not continue to link things when you say things that are not in the links. That seems ok as 3-A but I'm seeing no other context, why were they rocks in this dead, consumed universe? Did other panels show the universe being fine?
Those were more GLs and there they seem to be taken some at a time. Their combined power gave them that 3-C feat, so even if taken down as a bigger army it still wouldn't be the same if they all don't use their power against the foe at once.
That's misleading, he didn't survive via higher durability, he moved outside the range of what was happening.

That seems ok as 3-A but I'm seeing no other context, why were they rocks in this dead, consumed universe?
He consumed and destroyed all life in the universe. He didn't like, physically absorb it into himself to my knowledge.
Those were more GLs and there they seem to be taken some at a time. Their combined power gave them that 3-C feat, so even if taken down as a bigger army it still wouldn't be the same if they all don't use their power against the foe at once.
Also GLs vary with willpower and collective efforts are far more powerful than individual ones. The GLC containing a galaxy destroying explosion does not mean Orion backscales to Galaxy level for defeating far less GLs.

what happened to High-Father was not the source? IIRC

also High-father was still alive, it was he with the rest of the Fifth Essence who brought the justice league after his defeat against lex luthor and perpetua

Multiple earths=/=all the universes. Idk why this is multiversal.

Alan call that the power of the green of the multiversal, not just multiple earth's
You should not continue to link things when you say things that are not in the links. That seems ok as 3-A but I'm seeing no other context, why were they rocks in this dead, consumed universe? Did other panels show the universe being fine?

Constantine creates a illusion of a dead universe and darkseid think he already absorve this universe. It's confirms Darkseid can absorve universes. I will pay more attention to show the context in the next time

It's make sense

That's misleading, he didn't survive via higher durability, he moved outside the range of what was happening.

Orion don't speaks how him survive. He just speaks witch him and lightray try to use the motherbox, but not confirmed if that works or not, considering lightray try the same thing and not survive, so I think orion survives this only because of his durability

what happened to High-Father was not the source? IIRC

also High-father was still alive, it was he with the rest of the Fifth Essence who brought the justice league after his defeat against lex luthor and perpetua
Its inconsistent, Darkseid says him and orion are the last new gods alive, and apparently the highfather who appears with the Fifth essence is a Incorporated form of him. It's happening sometimes, zeus was killed by darkseid but appears alive in young justice with no justification

Same comic featured scenes like this. Also Alan was powered by avatar of the Earth rather than the entirety of the Green. This is also during a time when there was still only 52 Earths in DC or at least the main multiverse in DC. Its not super solid evidence for more than 4-B imo.
It's confirms Darkseid can absorve universes. I will pay more attention to show the context in the next time
Darkseid absorbs life and energy of a universe. Not like, physically absorbs it into himself. I don't think it warrants a 3-A rating honestly.

▪ Post-Flashpoint Parallax doesn't have any 3-A feats iirc.

▪ Alan Scott clearly wasn't Multiversal in that fight. He was connected to the Green of Earths, not to the Green of the entire Multiverse when Darkseid one shotted him. It was stated that the combined power of parliaments (not only the power of the Green, but also the power of the Gray, Blue, Red and White) was only power of the Earth and Alan only absorbed the soul of the planet. Also, Power Girl and Earth-2 Superman were able to fight against Darkseid in the same series (Earth 2: World's End).

▪ Darkseid was amped when he fought against Anti-Monitor. It's not his base power level.

▪ Green Lanterns are currently 4-B in this wiki. Also, Green Lanterns' 3-C feat is from Post-Crisis era and you can't scale Post-Flashpoint characters to Post-Crisis characters, so this feat isn't valid.

▪ I'll give my input about universe-consuming feat later, because i should reread that comic.

Last edited:
▪ Post-Flashpoint Parallax doesn't have any 3-A feats iirc.

Parallax Sinestro Perfil says he is 2-C with a post-flashpoint feat

▪ Alan Scott clearly wasn't Multiversal in that fight. He was connected to the Green of Earths, not to the Green of the entire Multiverse when Darkseid one shotted him. It was stated that the combined power of parliaments (not only the power of the Green, but also the power of the Gray, Blue, Red and White) was only power of the Earth and Alan only absorbed the soul of the planet. Also, Power Girl and Earth-2 Superman were able to fight against Darkseid in the same series (Earth 2: World's End).

No, alan confirms in the fight witch him are connected with the multiversal Green. And in you scan he says it again, he are connected with all of the earth's of the Multiverse

Powergirl and Val do no damage to darkseid. They didn't make a simple scratch on the darkseid. The only damage they did was to his eyes and that's his weak point
▪ Darkseid was amped when he fought against Anti-Monitor. It's not his base power level.

It's a permanent Amp, don't exist no one evidence witch says that amp are temporally

▪ Green Lanterns are currently 4-B in this wiki. Also, Green Lanterns' 3-C feat is from Post-Crisis era and you can't scale Post-Flashpoint characters to Post-Crisis characters, so this feat isn't valid.

Post-crisis green lantern history are Canon for the Post-flashpoint

▪ I'll give my input about universe-consuming feat later, because i should reread that comic.
Ok, Its happening in Constantine #23

Powergirl and Val do no damage to darkseid. They didn't make a simple scratch on the darkseid. The only damage they did was to his eyes and that's his weak point
They both cause him to bleed. And even if they target the eyes a 4-B isn't consistently harming a 3-A.
And in you scan he says it again, he are connected with all of the earth's of the Multiverse
At the time of that scan it was 52 Earths.

I agree with LuciferDC099. This seems very unreliable, and I think that we have talked about and rejected this a few times before.

And come on, the new gods has multiple feats and inultilizable powerscalling

Darkseid: First let's see the fights of darkseid with another characters of the DC who aren't 3-A:

Vs justice league: The JL can't make any damage in darkseid without the Wonder Woman's Sword. Darkseid Koed all of JL members many times

Vs Wonders of Earth two: The Wonders can't make any damage without Multiversal Green Alan Scott or Attack his eyes. Darkseid Koed all of the Wonders many times without any difficulty

That it, the 4-B level is an error

Wonder Woman called him the most powerful entity in the existence. Wonder Woman meets Skyfathers like Parallax Sinestro

Darkseid Stomps the multiversal Green Alan Scott, who has the power of the green of the all of the universes

Darkseid can absorb entire universes, the anti-monitor can also do this and they are on the same level

Orion: All of Orion's appearances in the comics of Wonder Woman and Derivatives are not canonical because the Rebirth arc, called "The Truth", reveals that all editions of New Wonder Woman 52 comics are false memories, so powerscalling with Superman and Wonder Woman are non-canon

Orion and his soldiers can solo an entire corp of green lanterns. The green lantern corps can contain a Galaxy level explosion

And mysteriously orion survived a attack of Perpetuathat killed the Highfather (who is on the same level as darkseid), so he is on the darkseid level
Welcome to the wiki!

First, i don't think that a mere statement from Wonder Woman of Darkseid being the most entity in existence should be used. Otherwise, such statement would rank him above entities like the Anti-Monitor and so on, which wouldn't make sense....

Alan Scott as shown here was connected to the green but didn't have the power yet when he fought Darkseid the first time. It's further explained he didn't fully give in to the green. It was later (Same comic) that Alan really gets the combined power of parliaments, the power of the Green and also the Gray, Blue, Red and White of the Earth and hits Darkseid a second time with a punch that knock out him.

The third and the fourth argument are already debunked. Darkseid was amped by an unknown power source when he fought the Anti-Monitor.

Orion managed to move outside the range of Perpetua's attack.

Welcome to the wiki! Glad to have you with us :p Don't worry about not being a native English speaker, you're perfectly legible!

Looking through all the scans, it either sounds like very much out of context stuff or invald stuff in general.

• Stuff like the Wonder Woman statement kind of happen a lot. There's a ton of "strongest in all existence" statements out there applied to basically every heavy hitter, heck, even Mumm-ra was described as "one of the most powerful beings in all creation" in a DC published ThunderCats book, which is canon to the DCU because of course it is. There's also statements like that for Supergirl, and I think even Martian Manhunter. It's not really usable.
  • The universal absorption thing also doesn't seem valid, as per what Qaw said. Even if it was, it probably wouldn't be terribly impressive. Absorbing is weird hax, not really AP, and is usually done overtime.
  • The Hal Jordan stuff seems to mostly be power-source scaling, which isn't really usable for the most part so probably also isn't valid I'm afraid. Annoyingly, I can't see the scans Qaw posted to debunk it since imgur detected them as being NSFW but I trust his word.

That'd be great! I'm actually gonna try to push a standard in the future to better cite comic revisions, since a lot of them are a series of OOC pages and panels without further context. Whie researching for a Flash revision for example, I found a statement that was useful, but when I read the actual context, was not what it seemed to be OOC.

Anyway, I'll close this. If you want me to re-open it or have any other questions, feel free to PM me or leave a message on my wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back