• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCW and New 52 Anti-Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This thread will cover the Anti-Monitor who appeared in the Sinestro Corps War story and the one who appeared in Darkseid War story in the New 52 era.

SCW Anti-Monitor:

The Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor key should be removed as Superboy-Prime was only able to ambush the Anti-Monitor when his armor was badly damaged by the Guardians of the Universe, so he should be more or less superior to Superboy-Prime when he was still reforming inside his armor.

Maybe his tier should work as Nekron's, for example: "Varies, 2-C, higher with Absorbing Energy. 2-A Environmental Destruction via Anti-Matter Wave" because his appearances can be more or less superior to Superboy-Prime, or as powerful as the Monitor. This is just a suggestion, but if anything, we can just delete the key.

New 52 Anti-Monitor:

His key should remain as he is a reimagined version of the character but should be comparable to his classic counterpart as the DC Comics Encyclopedia: All-New Edition says his New 52 incarnation is equal in power to the COIE incarnation. The reason it was denied was because of the lack of evidence to support this claim, but this was mainly due to the Anti-Matter Wave feat which was explained as Environmental Destruction.

The New 52 incarnation could destroy on a universal scale, planet after planet, but he did not use the Anti-Matter Wave to destroy them, he drained their residual energy. His actions cracked open the Orrery of Worlds, which Brainiac exploited during the Convergence, and Metron feared that the Anti-Monitor would destroy reality.

We should upgrade his tier to 2-C (Comparable to his COIE incarnation. Can destroy on a universal-level scale and Metron was concerned that he would destroy reality)

Last edited:
SCW Anti Monitor was heavily damaged from a Galaxy exploding bomb that went off on him, Prime and Cyborg Superman. His durability should be 3-C Galaxy level.
Should I assume you don't agree with the op? or you agree with the second suggestion for SCW Anti-Monitor: "Varies, 2-C, higher with Absorbing Energy. 2-A Environmental Destruction via Anti-Matter Wave" ?

Should I assume you don't agree with the op? or you agree with the second suggestion for SCW Anti-Monitor: "Varies, 2-C, higher with Absorbing Energy. 2-A Environmental Destruction via Anti-Matter Wave" ?
I wanted to see if you knew about this feat, but yea I do disagree with the proposal for SCW AM.

This is just a suggestion, but if anything, we can just delete the key.
I personally feel the key is a bit weird to have in general and should probably just be deleted IMO.

We should upgrade his tier to 2-C (Comparable to his COIE incarnation. Can destroy on a universal-level scale and Metron was concerned that he would destroy reality)
This looks fine to me.

So far we have two who agree with the proposals and one who disagrees.

Anti-Monitor wasn't affected by the Flashpoint right? I don't think he should be different from his PC self afaik for that reason. I think the New 52 one is fine.

I'm kinda eh on the first one? Because I remember there being a statement that Anti-Monitor wasn't at his peak during the arc. I'll reread the story later on.

The Varies is also fine

@Elizio33 just to make sure when I meant by disagreeing with the proposal for SCW Anti Monitor, I meant that I don’t agree with giving him a “Varies, 2-C, higher after absorbing energy” but I do agree with deleting his SCW key however.

Just to clarify, the variable tier suggestion is because we saw the Anti-Monitor being weaker and being affected by characters lower than himself or we saw him at base level which is comparable to The Monitor or at peak when he threatened to erase the multiverse from existence.

This is kinda eh considering that Anti-Monitor was fully brought back to life and was likely at peak capacity here. Which idk if the same can be the same for the sinestro corp one.
Oh i see. Then just more or less superior to Superboy-Prime.

Low 2-C wouldn't be an Anti-feat though.
No, but both versions are equal in power. The only anti-feat for New 52 Anti-Monitor that I can see is that he destroys universe planet after planet without the anti-matter wave, but the effects were on a higher level.

I mean, Low 2-C has always been more consistent for the Anti-Monitor than 2-C imo, but he scale above Pre-Crisis Superman and scale to the Monitor who has a 2-C feat as well.

I mean, Low 2-C has always been more consistent for the Anti-Monitor than 2-C imo, but he scale above Pre-Crisis Superman and scale to the Monitor who has a 2-C feat as
IIRC all Mar Novu did was create a netherverse and transport 2 universes inside it and without the intervention of the tuning forks, the universes would’ve been completely fine, not sure how this qualifies for 2-C since all he did was BFR those universes?

Last edited:
IIRC all Mar Novu did was create a netherverse and transport 2 universes inside it and without the intervention of the tuning forks, the universes would’ve been completely fine, not sure how this qualifies for 2-C since all he did was BFR those universes?
Eh, I'm not sure either, but regardless, he still scales above Pre-Crisis Superman.

First one seems fine to me. I disagree on the New 52 part. I don't think that AM should be given the 2-C tier because of being able to destroy reality, given Metron, whose statements are being used as reasoning here stated that it was due to each crisis and reformation weakening reality rather than Mobius's innate ability previously.

First one seems fine to me. I disagree on the New 52 part. I don't think that AM should be given the 2-C tier because of being able to destroy reality, given Metron, whose statements are being used as reasoning here stated that it was due to each crisis and reformation weakening reality rather than Mobius's innate ability previously.
Eh. Mobius still scales to COIE Anti-Monitor who is 2-C via scaling to PC Superman, which is quite generous and a bit iffy for PC Superman and COIE Anti-Monitor imo but it's just me.

Last edited:
Do you only need me to unlock the Anti-Monitor page or anything else as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back