• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCW and New 52 Anti-Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. That seems fine then. Thank you for the information. 🙏

He literally and explicitly consumes the entire thing. Consuming an entire 2-A structure would make him 2-A, that's how absorption works.
We've seen it a few times in fiction that absorption isn't always a 1-1 correlation to what is being absorbed, in both directions. For instance, we cannot apply this logic to Galactus.
Personally I am more comfortable scaling to feats than assuming he was 2-A just because he absorbed it.

We've seen it a few times in fiction that absorption isn't always a 1-1 correlation to what is being absorbed, in both directions. For instance, we cannot apply this logic to Galactus.
Personally I am more comfortable scaling to feats than assuming he was 2-A just because he absorbed it.
bad comparison, Galactus only absorb the cosmic energy inside the planets, which is harvested by time, not the planet itself

If I consume a Star, that makes me star level, if I consume an entire universe that makes me Uni

It's simple logic, and again, Galactus absorb something special from the planets, not all form of energy and planet itself.

But you talk like if he'd consumed the entire Anti-Matter Universe or its structure which is not the case. The Monitor has the energies of all infinite universes of positive matter until the Anti-Monitor destroys them but was not 2-A for this reason.

The truth is that I don't know either, this is more or less a stability feat, both brothers grow or weaken depending on the number of existing universes, even if they only get 1/∞, it still ∞ so the argument "muh unquantifiable" cannot be applied

I'm sorry but what? How exactly is this not 2-A?
Because he only contains their energies. It's not the same as containing the actual universes. A character could be powered by the multiverse without necessarily having multiversal abilities.

Admitting that he had 2-A powers after absorbing energies from the Antimatter Universe, it was for a very brief period that the Anti-Monitor lost it after traveling to the dawn of time. This doesn't seem multiversal to me.

Admitting that he had 2-A powers after absorbing energies from the Antimatter Universe, it was for a very brief period that the Anti-Monitor lost it after traveling to the dawn of time. This doesn't seem multiversal to me.
Since when did he lose it?

Because he only contains their energies. It's not the same as containing the actual universes. A character could be powered by the multiverse without necessarily having multiversal abilities.
Except it's a universe literally made of Anti-Matter energy. Absorbing all Anti-Matter energy from it would obviously equate to absorbing the entire thing itself as the entire thing is made from that energy. It's not that deep.

Since when did he lose it?

He had to absorb the life forces of fifty heroes to replenish what had been lost while traversing the dawn of time.

Except it's a universe literally made of Anti-Matter energy. Absorbing all Anti-Matter energy from it would obviously equate to absorbing the entire thing itself as the entire thing is made from that energy. It's not that deep.
It doesn't change the fact that he absorbed the energies. It does not equate to absorb the whole thing.

Hmmm. Okay.. Still not sure if absorbing energies from an infinite multiverse-sized universe is enough to grant the 2-A tier even though the universe in question is composed of anti-matter on which the Anti-Monitor feeds on. To me it sounds like a High 3-A feat since all the anti-matter of the Antimatter Universe was involved, but he'd just absorbed the anti-matter energies of his universe, not the universe's space-time. Anyway, if people don't agree with my point of view, I'm okay with it.

Last edited:
I think this thread can be closed. At this point, i think that most disagree with my point above.

Just to clarify, are there no staff conclusions in this thread that any wiki page revisions should be based on?

Just to clarify, are there no staff conclusions in this thread that any wiki page revisions should be based on?
Alright, if this thread is to remain open until a staff consensus is reached, I have no problem with that.

Thank you, and what are the conclusions here so far?

Currently, the main argument here is to remove the Antimatter Universe Absorbed/Dawn of Time key of the Anti-Monitor profiles.

So far, there are three who disagree with my argument and none who agree with my point.

Thank you, and what are the conclusions here so far?
Just to recap. This is a quick recap of the debate i had with Emirp sumitpo. I wouldn't add all the arguments but the most important and notable ones are here.

Me: This should be a case for another thread, I don't really want to start another Anti-Monitor crt tbh, but I think we should get rid of key: "Anti-Matter Universe Absorbed." First, he didn't literally absorb the Anti-Matter Universe, but
absorbed its energies. Anti-Monitor being able to threaten the existence of infinite universes at the dawn of time is because he had absorbed the energies he needed from the heroes and was at the beginning of the multiverse and from there, the future can be changed. He's not 2-A, he needed a boost manipulate time history from the dawn of time, where history can be changed.

Emirp sumitpo: I don't see how this debunks anything. His entire universe is pretty much all Anti-Matter. Doesn't matter because he absorbed everything from something the size of a 2-A structure. He's still 2-A nonetheless.

Me: Still not sure if absorbing energies from an infinite multiverse-sized universe is enough to grant the 2-A tier even though the universe in question is composed of anti-matter on which the Anti-Monitor feeds on. To me it sounds like a High 3-A feat since all the anti-matter of the Antimatter Universe was involved, but he'd just absorbed the anti-matter energies of his universe, not the universe's space-time. Anyway, if people don't agree with my point of view, I'm okay with it.

Emirp sumitpo:. Except it's a universe literally made of Anti-Matter energy. Absorbing all Anti-Matter energy from it would obviously equate to absorbing the entire thing itself as the entire thing is made from that energy.

Which arguments do you most agree with? Option 1 (me) or Option 2 (Emirp sumitpo)

Last edited:
Hmm. I personally think that your points make better sense here then.

Which staff members disagree with them?

Just to recap. This is a quick recap of the debate i had with Emirp sumitpo. I wouldn't add all the arguments but the most important and notable ones are here.

Me:
This should be a case for another thread, I don't really want to start another Anti-Monitor crt tbh, but I think we should get rid of key: "Anti-Matter Universe Absorbed." First, he didn't literally absorb the Anti-Matter Universe, but
absorbed its energies. Anti-Monitor being able to threaten the existence of infinite universes at the dawn of time is because he had absorbed the energies he needed from the heroes and was at the beginning of the multiverse and from there, the future can be changed. He's not 2-A, he needed a boost manipulate time history from the dawn of time, where history can be changed.

Emirp sumitpo: I don't see how this debunks anything. His entire universe is pretty much all Anti-Matter. Doesn't matter because he absorbed everything from something the size of a 2-A structure. He's still 2-A nonetheless.

Me: Still not sure if absorbing energies from an infinite multiverse-sized universe is enough to grant the 2-A tier even though the universe in question is composed of anti-matter on which the Anti-Monitor feeds on. To me it sounds like a High 3-A feat since all the anti-matter of the Antimatter Universe was involved, but he'd just absorbed the anti-matter energies of his universe, not the universe's space-time. Anyway, if people don't agree with my point of view, I'm okay with it.

Emirp sumitpo:. Except it's a universe literally made of Anti-Matter energy. Absorbing all Anti-Matter energy from it would obviously equate to absorbing the entire thing itself as the entire thing is made from that energy.

Which arguments do you most agree with? Option 1 (me) or Option 2 (Emirp sumitpo)
Hmm. I personally think that your points make better sense here then.

Which staff members disagree with them?
Emirp sumitpo and LephyrTheRevanchist.
@Deagonx @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Firestorm808 @Eficiente @DarkDragonMedeus @Maverick_Zero_X @Marvel_Champion_07 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

What do you think about this?

This is the point I agree with the most, for the record. This undeniably would fall under significant affect, and thus be a 2-A feat.

But isn't that just regular energy, not space-time structures?

Even after absorbing the total anti-matter energies of his universe, the Anti-Monitor still had to travel to the dawn of time where only there the future can be changed in order to erase the positive matter multiverse for good. Traveling to the dawn of time drained most of the energy he had absorbed from his universe and he had to lure fifty heroes to the dawn of time and absorb their life energy in order to change history. The main point of my argument is that it's not like after absorbing the total anti-matter energies from his universe, the Anti-Monitor could destroy the infinite universes of positive matter on his own because he had to go to a place at the dawn of creation where only there the future can be changed.

Sorry for the late reply. Regarding the use of Varies for Post-Crisis AM, will we use the Galaxy level explosion that damaged him for the low-end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back