• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

"Ah! Jake! You're an idiot!", I exclaim, moving away from him flying towards the black mass while I create a psychic whip to then hurl at it, generating a telekinetic explosion.

"Little did you know... This was my plan all along!"

With a maniacal laugh, Jakovich fired a bullet at the mass as he bounced off and flew by, but as the amplified bullet flew, it manifested into a grapping hook of magicule nature!

If it connected, the durability-amplified hook would either drag the mass into space with him, or slow him down and keep him in place! And if the latter, once slowed down, he'd make the hook explode.

Mind readers may have the suspicion that no, this was not his original plan at all.

"I'll just stay here and keep Mr. AI some company."

I start walking back to the base we were staying before the Angelos attacked.

"You can hear me, right?"

"Interesting" I continue the search, altering to see when necessary as to what the creatures reaction to the simulation was based on- possibly affirming if it was caused by pleasure, pain, etc. I also try to clarify to how it reacts to these objective facts, whether or not it acts in a way that realises the significance of objects it pursues, it's feelings towards the factual information it is altered of, etc.

Meretrix discerns that the mass had been hovering over Central Africa for nearly 2 years, completely motionless, having appeared to have simply flickered into existence at some stage.

The terminal near the stairwell that entered into the complex comes on again. "Yes, I can hear you. Do you need something?" the voice asks Samson.

As Silas heads down the tunnel, which appears to open outwards before enclosing on itself again several times along his way, he notices that the air is slowly becoming warmer and warmer. Additionally, he notices that the walls are covered in scratch marks, although some of them appear intelligible on closer observation.

Secundus 1 and 2 are on route to the mass and the others. They both feel as though something is calling for help.

Solomon's Gungnir strikes a hole clean through the mass, as the rest is bisected by Sieg before being thrown away, heavily damaged, by Abarim's enhanced strike and John's telekinetic whip. At the same time, Jakovich's hook appears to meld with the mass on contact, causing a large chunk of it to be pulled away with him as the rest of it starts rapidly flashing various images and colors on its surface. What exactly they entail is hard to make out, even for those closer, but everyone who sees it feels their brain start to bleed as it happens, appearing to be suffering an extremely potent seizure of some kind.

Crunkle discerns that the mass has a form of rudimentary "intelligence" that primary exists in the forms of completely unconscious instincts, as it has no mind with which to control them, appearing similar to pre-programmed responses to actions that all it knows of is that it has occured. Due to this, it has no sense of pain or emotions to speak of and, most interestingly, doesn't truly sense anything around itself and merely "acts" as it is directed to with no care towards what it is doing.

"... This is nice to have. I should try this in the future."

Abarim kicks the barrier into the mass full force.

Secundus 1 and 2 attempt to identify the source of this feeling, analyzing it, trying to search for a cause and a direction, once they do, Secundus 2 would split off from 1 if the feeling had a different source than his previous target location and head to it.

Secundus 3 remains standing there, continuing working on his compression.

Crunkle tries creating a magicule infused object fly into the upper atmosphere to see how the being reacts.

A yank on the string, and his speed was (somewhat) stabilized. Due to his... uncontrollable movement for quite a while, he caught only slight glimpses of the multicolored beast, head strained and lit with trauma like a match had been thrown onto an oil fire. Pre-made protections against John's magical telepathy (which were more of a hinderance than a barrier) kept him standing, but he swung his head away.

For the time being, he waved a hand, casting mental improvements on all the flying men and woman around him so they could continue fighting.

A

Sieg attempts to manipulate the magicoules surronding the creature's "skin" to make them light absorbant and block the seizure effect.

If it wasn't likely to kill me, I'd have tried to see if those images meant anything. Solomon thinks

He creates a foothold in the air by manipulating magicules, as he switches to his Baldur form. He uses the control of light that it granted to cause the that was radiated off of it to heat up and turn into several beam like projectiles, which then fire off towards the mass

"Ahh ... it's ... painful",I exclaim while my brain is bleeding.

With difficulty I try to use my telekinesis to cure myself

"Uhmmmmmmm...call me Melissa if that's important to you." the AI responds to Puppen before pausing for a short moment, afterwards responding to Samson "That was the sustained remains of my old, human body, which was initially used to fuel the expansion of the Undercity Complex."

Meretrix's healing undoes any real damage done by the images projected by the mass that wasn't already being healed.

Secundus 1 and 2 can tell that the feeling is coming from the smaller mass, although it doesn't last long.

Any scratches that could've been anything intelligible appear to have been themselves scratched over, at least until he reaches an area where the ambient temperature suddenly jumps by a dozen degrees, which appears to read:

"W a L L i S L i g h T

W o R L d S h a D O w

T r u T H a R e L I e"

The redirected light-turned-heat that Solomon causes, combined with Sieg's barrier trapping any escaping energy, and Abarim's punch destroy the smaller mass far beyond its ability to reform.

At the same time, the primary mass starts to rapidly work its way up Jakovich's hook, emitting an extremely low-pitched moan as it does so. However, it appears somewhat distracted when an object launched from seemingly nowhere [Crunkle's] flies near it, only to be grabbed and absorbed without any slowing of its progress towards John and Jakovich.

So people went down here. My hypothesis is that something was dwelling down here, some dummies came and woke it up or unsealed it and that's how this area got ******.

I move onwards.

This is taking a while. I wonder if the others are doing something as exciting as this.

"Ara, well its nice to meet you Melissa~!" Puppen's does a small bow. "So do you know what we're supposed to be doing~?"

Secundus 1 and 2 stop for a moment, they order the mass within their body to try "speak" to the separated bit of mass that seemed to call for help, to attempt to get it to stop fighting. They observe the results carefully, ready to attack or recall the mass if anything goes wrong.

Secundus 3 is still doing what he was doing.

Seeing that Jackovich's hook is slowly being swallowed, Abarim cancels gravity and alter's the air's interia to start running through the sky

"JOHN, MAKE A BARRIER SURROUNDING IT!"

"Shut up, all of you- this is easy" Crunkledunk starts using homunculi to telekinesis large blocks of the city upwards into the atmosphere. He then creates a new homunculus, similar to the one that flew before- except with greater powers of manoeuvrability as it flies upwards, offoutting large amounts of magicules as Crunkle plans through infinite possibilities to find the perfect position for it to fly to attract the attention of the beast whilst simultaneously avoiding it. This ability is increased from last time due to his greater understanding of the being.

Siegs uses a burst of magicoules to quickly reposition to put himself in the area at left side the main mass, as the weapon in his hands switches to the holy sword of England.

"Excalbur !"

He shouts, swinging the sword and relasing a giant beam of light against the formless blob of flesh.

Solomon repositions himself and uses his control of light to amplify the power of Sieg's Excaliblast, opting to just sit back this time and observe what the others would do to the mass

Abarim closes the gap between him and the mass, before pushing both sides of the barrier inward, crushing the thing with immense strength.

"It's complicated, in relation both of your questions. For one, the exact details are both not really necessary and rather boring if I do say so myself. Secondly, I believe that there are similar complexes present where most major cities used to be, but I can only guess as to how many remain."

The city appears to vibrate rather violently, but nothing else happens.

As Silas continues down the corridor, the temperature eventually plateaus. After a few dozen miles, a reddish sludge appears flowing from where Silas is heading. Further in, and seemingly submerged more than should be physically possible, he sees a small notebook set on an almost entirely exposed sternum and rib cage.

Immediately, the mass within Secundus 1 emits a high-pitched static noise in the exact direction of the mass.

As Sieg's beam rapidly approaches the mass, which is already being pushed somewhat by Abarim's barrier, it appears to completely stop in place. Immediately afterwards, the beam impacts it, destroying most of it instantly and causing the rest to be enveloped in a white fire of sorts before being crushed to nothing by the barrier.

As Crunkle attempts to lift up sections of the city, an extremely sharp noise resounds within his mind, disrupting his attempted action, followed by a vaguely female voice saying "Do not."

This environment might be lethal, so I should probably keep things clean. Definitely not touching that sludge, and no way am I going to get in physical contact with that book.

I modify my barrier to keep the temperature within it at normal temperature and try telekinetically lifting the notebook from the rib cage. While doing so, I keep myself floating above the sludge.

Secundus 1 calls the mass back to his side now, while also attempting to figure out just what exactly it did. Secundus 2 meanwhile flies to the location where the others are.

"It appears the enemy has been defeated. Additionally, the mass contained within my body seemed to be capable of communicating with it somehow." He says to them.

"Do these complexes contain beings similar to you?" Secundus 3 asks the AI.

"Well I have no need to anymore" Crunkle sends a homunculus similar to his first up into space to project ultrasound upon the earth and observe what would happen upon his attempt now.

@Pheonix

"It also appears you were completly useless."

Sieg responds plainly.

The white haired man then does a mental double check.

Ok so, Samson, Puppet and part of Secundus are at the base

Solomon, Meretrix, Abarim, John, Jakovich, Crunkledunk and the rest of Secundus are in space

Where is Silas ?

"Telepaths, can you two find Silas's location ?"

He asks while turning his head towards John, then toward Meretrix mid-sentence.

I raise an eyebrow, trying to remember Silas' face and then shrug.

I expand my mind, looking for Silas' presence as I send a telepathic message.

"Silas, it's me ... John, where are you?"

"Maybe? I would do it, but John is already on the making of it, so i'll just wait for him to find Silas"

"Back inside, at least once the rest of you get back." the voice metaphorically turns to Secundus before replying "Likely, although I do not know myself."

While he cannot tell exactly what was said, Secundus 1 knows that the mass appears to have threatened the other mass to the point that it's pre-made responses simply ceased to function.

The book is lifted without issue, appearing to drip the sludge as it does so. A drop of the substance lands on the ribcage, creating a distinct sizzling noise.

Crunkle's broadcast more or less works as intended, although nearly 40% of the surface is unable to properly receive it due to spatio-temporal distortions.

Back