• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

Secundus is able to recuperate via Megrez, and while Meretrix is unable to fully control the creature, he slows down its reactions drastically. Meanwhile, it continues to take fire from Puppen's dolls and starts to be pushed back by Jakovich's snakes and Ruinous Wind. However, it appears to use Solomon's ice to its advantage by using it to trap most of Secundus' mass, although they're both still wildly flailing, especially the Angelos itself as most of its body is vaporized into nothing by Samson.

The mass doesn't respond.

John sees that the disruptions to the North American Place were centered around the lake he came from, as well as what appears to be some gray mass in the upper atmosphere heading for New York City.

And just as the snakes were frozen to a halt, Jakovich pulled his second, more common trick - making things explode! And with the wave of his hand, every last snake improved itself into a bomb and blew up directly in the fact of this creature.

Desummoning Failnaught, Three Sacred Trasures and the army by proxy, Sieg summons Yeoui in his hands.

"Yeoui, Extent !"

The artifact user says as the stick weapon etends up and becomes extremelly long, then he swings it down towards the large angelos.

Yeoui is an anti-divine and anti-spiritual weapon, which angels are both, so if Angelos are as the name suggest, this will hurt a lot.

While Meretrix is trying to mindhax the Angelo, she tries to launch a pinkish purple orb at the angelo, as it passes through material objects and only stops after it hits the Angelo's mind, tryimg to destroy it

"Wild screams of anger"

I futher overheat the area, creating a cube of heat that covers the giant Angelos's body, causing the already distorted matter to simply breakdown and be mangled beyond recognition. An untrained eye would think that the laws of physics itself were set ablaze.

"**** it" Crunkledunk teleports near the previously space bound homunculus and it crumples into a heap of flesh and bones. He summons two homunculi, one possessing psychic powers that allows it to project its mind inside the being- learning more about its atomic structure, biological makeup, abilities that arise from these, and any possible connection it has to anything else. He also creates one more which starts trying to form a quantum entanglement between itself and the being.

"Something tells me whatever it is will be deadly, dangerous ... and damn annoying," I exclaim, crossing my arms.

"Crunkledunk is gone and for the moment there isn't much we can do about drifting continents ... let's go see what that thing is?"

Solomon switches to his Thor form, and channels more magicules into Mjolnir before tossing it at the Angelo. Upon contact, the hammer would release a massive electrical discharge into the creature, on top of the impact of the hammer hitting it.

I emit a slight sigh.

"At least he doesn't blatantly annoy things," I murmur and then teleport along with Abarim to a few hundred meters near the black mass.

The reformed Secundus orders the mass to continue attacking, specifically telling it to adapt through its attacks as it did with his own previously. He then attempts to use his spatial dislocation to tear at the Angelos.

Secundus 2 begins utilizing the same cold manipulation he did previously, attempting to freeze parts of the creature to make them easier for his mass to shatter.

Secundus 3 remains at a distance.

The violent combination of attacks directed towards the Angelos cause a massive explosion easily visible from orbit, and from which nothing perceptible remains. Even if it did, it would have lost even the instincts which governed its actions. From nowhere in particular, various colored bands of light flow into the group.

[1 stat point, does not include John, Abarim, Silas, or Crunkle]

"Ok, I think I've figured out why you were supposed to be here. Just get your friends back and we're good." a muffled voice calls out from below, being that of the AI.

The mass does not respond, seemingly breaking apart into various smaller masses instead. Through this, Silas can see that the tunnel extends further down.

John and Abarim have scarcely a second of time after appearing near the mass before it appears to shoot itself at them.

Crunkle learns that the creature is a sort of living cloud that was present in an east-African tribal religion whose name he probably couldn't pronounce if he tried. It appears mindless, simply attacking anything that goes above 10 km above sea-level. It is, however, extremely sturdy, even in the metaphysical sense, making his attempted entanglement more or less impossible for the time being.

Instinctively I raise a barrier to protect both, expanding it to make it ten layers thick while I release a telekinetic explosion towards the black mass.

Secundus 1 calls back the mass to return to him.

"The AI has requested that we return." Secundus 2 states to those near him.

Secundus 3 waits for the others to return.

Abarim punches in the mass' direction, altering physics to carry it's full force while not shattering the barriers.

This might not be the central mass then. I'll keep moving.

I strengthen my barrier while also applying a spatiokinetic force to it that will displace any atoms I deem as harmful on contact. I continue down the tunnel.

@Pheonix

"We heard him too you know, we are not deaf."

Sieg comments as he dessumons Yeoui.

"And, he was obviusly referring to the Everymen that headed out in the wasteland, so we need to go get them back."

"They had gone destroy the meteorite and they didn't come back"

Sieg responds.

"Meretrix, can you contact them with your telepathy ?"

The artifact user asks while turning his head towards her

"They had gone destroy the meteorite and didn't come back yet"

Sieg answers to Samson.

"Meretrix, can you contact them with your telepathy ?"

The artifact user asks while turning his head towards her

I start to make my homunculus subject the cloud to different forms of stimulation to see how it responds to affirm its sensual capacity. This involves visually, aromatically, spatially and any other form in any way that comes to Crunkle's mind via channeling infinite possibilities.

@Overlord

"I'll try, give me a minute"

Meretrix than tries to sense John in America and talk to him

[If it works]

Hey John, the weird computer guy is calling us, if you aren't doing anything important right now could you come here real quick?

"What?! We are on the way of getting there! Just hold whatever is trying to kill you for a little longer!"

Meretrix answers John, she is visibly sweating and her "voice tone" sounded worried

"Guys, John is being attacked! He didn't specified what it was, but we need to get moving right now, they are at that direction."

Meretrix says to the whole party on the city as she is pointing to the direction where John and Abarim are.

After that, she starts using her telekinesis to take her next to them as fast as possible

Sieg uses his sheer speed to ignores causality, running upwards to the location while using magicoules to create solid air platforms underneat his feet for leverage and dodging the telekinesis since it's faster that way.

Let's see what those fools have cought themself i

On the way there, Sieg equips K&K.

Jakovich stood next to Secundus for a moment, before thinking... Just where was John?

His mind lit up as he could see, just for a moment, every possibility and sensing every magicule from miles away. And there, he got it - above them.

Jakovich ran directly towards the building, and made a leap directly at it's walls - but instead of colliding, he melded with it! The properties of his being, and the wall, melded and changed, as he 'wallclipped' directly into the building, making repeated, fast-paced jumps upwards. A constant shift of the properties of the building left the tower constantly pushing him upwards as he manipulated it to harden and reform before him, ejecting him and allowing him to pick up speed as he repeatedly short jumped farther up, and up, and up, and up...

Before, at the very top, he was unleashed at such a speed that he'd collide with the moon in about 0.001 seconds, if not for his personal space-time allowing him to process every meter of movement as entire minutes. And just as he reached John's location, Jakovich improved his bodily form to resist impact and strengthen as he quite literally body slammed into John at this absurd speed, the amplifications hopefully allowing John to stay perfectly intact and without being even staggered.

"...miss me?"

Solomon enters his Odin form and rides atop Sleipner, flying towards the location that was indicated.

Wonder what they ran into over there. He thinks, running through every possibility in his head, as he experienced them all on the way there

In a motion not unlike that of a sped up Harvestman, the undamaged mass returns to Secundus and appears to phase through his skin into its previous position.

A faint, both electronic and vaguely human humming can be heard from underground, obviously that of the AI.

Silas moves past the mass, which appears to have only been around ten meters think overall. After a short moment of downward travel, the tunnel makes a sharp bend to move east. The tunnel appears to have, at some point, transitioned from aluminum and concrete to what appears to be solid lead with stereotypical danger stripes all over them.

John's barrier stalls the creature for a short moment when coupled with the explosion and Abarim's punch, the latter of which appears to cause it to visible shake, although this doesn't seem to affect it much. Immediately afterwards, Jakovich, having taken several hundreds of thousands of times longer than he should've due to what he assumes to be spatio-temporal distortion, slams into John and flies deeper into space.

Abarim is left alone with the barrier and the mass, which is moving to approach again, at least before Sieg appears a few dozen meters away with Solomon and Meretrix distantly visible below them, the latter more so than the former.

The cloud shimmers far more than it has any reason to at Crunkle's sensory alterations, producing an extremely bright flash of light. As best as he can tell, it appears to possess a sort of universal sense where it can only detect the objective reality around it. Despite this, it appears to have still reacted to the effects as previously stated.

This might not have been completely random if there were man made danger signs here. This requires more investigating.

I continue through the tunnel.

Well, crap, i guess that i can't really do much t help here

Meretrix than summons barriers around everyone, wich will make the creature's attacks less damaging to them, as she tries to discover the origins of that mass

So that's the mass that was attacking them huh? Interesting, wonder where it came from, well either way, dealing with it is the most important part for now.

Solomon aims the spear, positioning his arms in such a way as to throw it, although that was merely a formality, as he didn't need to do that with Gungnir. He looses the spear rather than throwing it, causing the spear to instantly strike the mass as he lets go of it. His spear strike would attempt to destroy the mass, magicules, information and all.

Although there is no way it will be that easy. He thinks, as he prepares to avoid any counter attacks from the mass

Secundus 1 and 2 take off in the direction that Meretrix previously indicated, seeking to join the others, while 3 remains where he was previously, they begin readying Ruinous Wind on the way.

"WAIT STO-"

By the time Abarim noticed Jackovich's trajectory and speed, it was already too late, and they were sent well into space.

"... Well, we all make mistakes. This might be an issue, though."

With nothing but John's leftover telekinetic force to work with, Abarim uses his manipulation of physics to grab it and charge into the mass, sending it into the air.

Puppen's calls out to Secundus. "Oi~! Do you know what we are supposed to be doing~?!" She yells, with a grin on her face.

Here it is !

Sieg uses a magicoules boost to jet towards the creature, summoning Muramasa in his hands and doing a diagonal slash with the katana to try cut the mass in half, slicing at his atomic structure.

"The AI has requested that we bring the others back, the others are currently engaged in combat, my other two bodies have gone to aid them. That way." Secundus says, pointing towards the exact location.

Back