• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

@Junko

Noticing that her staring was noticed, Meretrix slowly waves her hand at Puppen, with a scared look on her face, but she quickly stops when she notices one of the dolls giving her a death stare while the other is floating, so she quickly turns around

Maybe if i ignore them, they won't notice and/or bother me

@Faruel

"Yeah, but they have kinda that a system behind them, i need to use my mind as fuel for my powers"

Meretrix answers John

@Paul

"I mean, did you skip the part where John said that he can teleport us mate?"

@drite

"I suppose I did skip that part madame, my mistake." Solomon replies, with a jovial expression

"Fight me right now, 1 on 1"

"Well if all we need to do is hold each other's hands, I guess we just need everyone to be ready."

"We could hold each other's hands, even if I find this way less ... awkward," I say, then levitate over their heads.

Opening the hands, psychic threads materialize from my fingers, branching out and going to envelop everyone's arms.

"What you feel are psychic threads, they are technically an extension of me ... so I believe that -", in less than an instant everyone's bodies are teleported to the designated location.

"It can work," I observe, looking at the result.

"Oh, and if you feel a little upset don't worry, it will pass," I say, landing.

Everyone finds themselves at the edge of a large lake. Not far from them, they see the shredded remains of several armored trucks. The lake itself seems unnaturally still, with the only movement being an extremely small tide, with the water itself being rather murky. Coming from deep underground, everyone feels a faint, rhythmic rumbling.

I arch an eyebrow and then talk telepathically with Trixie.

"Do you know what Moses did with the Red Sea? Would you like to help me replicate it?"

"Well, it cost nothing to try"

Meretrix answer telepathically as she prepares her telekinetic powers to open the lake

The rock hits the surface of the lake, audibly thumping off of it and settling before slowly sinking. Johnathan and Meretix's telekinesis cause most of the lake to shift slightly, but it stays put.

The rumbling from before is becoming more rapid and much, much louder.

"It seems like this lake isn't meant to be split."

Abarim simply waits for the source of the rumbling to arrive.

"Alright, i'm gonna try something. Everyone, stand back."

I point at the lake and try to cause the top and bottom of it to undergo fusion reaction, causing the atoms in the air/weird water to collide and explode massively.

Solomom readies himself, channeling the power of Odin and going above the battlefield on his flying, six legged horse.

Was their telekinesis just too weak, or is whatever we need to fight controlling the water as well?

Phillip brings out a horse, and says aloud. "I knew i'd never lose ya." He gets on bareback, and guides the horse to follow the others. Having no idea what the other folks might be thinking.

"Uhhhh, i don't know if destroying the lake where the base gets their water is a good idea mate"

Meretrix says to Samson

Samson's fusion reaction causes a dense layer of steam to form on top of the lake, which is destabilized and explodes due to something breaking through it. It resembles many, many horses, all connected just before the forelimbs and nearly 10 meters of distance between each set of legs and a mane extending down the entirity of the visible body. The head alone is the size of a full-grown man, with jagged teath below a set of eyes flush with rage. It winds up into the sky, approaching the cloud layer, which is rapidly darkening into a storm, and Secundus, it unleashes a sort of roar that vaguely resembles a horse's neighing.

As the horse-creature rises into the sky, with thousands of sets of legs visible, and following the explosive burst of steam, the water of the lake is rapidly moving towards the group in a tsunami-like motion, despite Secundus seeing that the water level hasn't decreased in the slightest.

Secundus holds his hand out forward, forming several large lightning bolts that shoot out at the head of the creature.

Puppen's looks at the creature with stary eye's "Ah~! Wonderful, the first antagonist of our tale~!" Her doll's prepare themselves while Puppen's backs off.

As the water rushed forth, Abarim took a stance.

Due to the properties of a fluid, being that it has no proper shape and the material simply fills whatever it is placed in, it is impossible to grab it in the same way you can grip a solid object.

With that in mind, said properties bend as Abarim tries to grip the flow of water near the bottom, and throw it far into the air.

With a simple gesture I protect everyone with a psychic barrier, while I create a telekinetic field around me that dismantles everything at the atomic level.

Solomon flies higher above the battlefield to stay out of the way of the water, and summons his einherjar on the ground a good distance away, they open fire on the horse with inhuman accuracy and range, shooting it with their bows.

"Ugly bastard."

I jump into the air and try to keep myself in the air, out of the tsunami range by transforming Magicules into platforms. Convinient.

I simply shoot throw blasts of nuclear energy towards the horse.

Phillip brings forth the ethereal form of the mare, as the rider he takes up the form as well.

"Yall, let's charge like cowboys and indians and get this gentleman out of the water."

The military-doll starts firing its gun at the beast, the dust-doll gets in fron of Puppen's and prepares to defend her.

Alright, time for me to do the thing.

An aura surrounds me that covers me from sight. A mechanical voice rings out in the area.

"Where the HEROs Dwell!"

The aura dies down and reveals my new form. I'm wearing an armor with orange pauldrons that connect together to form what looks like the upper part of a jacket, with the orange metal stopping at the bottom of my chest. Below that, a thinner coating of gray armor covers my abdomen and sides before switching into a black color that is in the shape of a flame with red outlines as it reaches my legs. My hands are covered with orange and black gauntlets that have red lines going through them. The upper half of my face is obscured by an orange mask while my lower half is shielded by a gray one. I pump my fists together as the back of my head ignites aflame.

"Elemental HERO Blazeman, reporting for duty!"

I jump towards the tsunami, landing next to Abarim.

It looks like he's trying to grab onto the water. I'm not sure how successful that will be so I'm going to aim my attack upwards. That way, even if his grab does work, it probably won't get messed up by my blast.

I ignite my fists and aim them above where Abarim's trying to grab. A giant burst of flame flies from my hands in an attempt to vaporize the upper half of the tsunami.

Abarim is able to raise the wave about 3 meters off of the ground, additionally preventing it from falling back down behind him, although Johnathan's barriers aren't able to stop all of the water. The water isn't able to hit Phillip or his horse, oddly, and most of it is destroyed by Silas.

The creature's head and most of its torso is instantly destroyed, but the remains of that body simple slide off and shrivel to dust, revealing another head. Various other body segments are badly damaged, but appear to be healing over time.

"Aha~! A beast that can heal, truly a worthy oppoent to be our first antagonist~!" Puppen says with glee. The dust-doll contiues to protect Puppen's with her sheild while the military-doll opens fire on the newly created head on the beast.

Solomon switches to his Surtr form, an immense aura of heat radiating about him, he slashes with Loptr Laegjarn and sends a wave of intense flames at the creature

Secundus quickly scans the area, before concluding that everyone is a safe enough distance away from the creature.

"Phase 1 Activated: Dubhe." Secundus states, changing his color to this

Secundus' body radiates an intense orange glow, he floats closer to the creature.

"Recommendation: Keep away." He states calmly, directed at the other fighters.

If no one was in harm's way, Secundus would fly to near the creature before unleashing a massive orange explosion from his body, enveloping much of the lake and attempting to annihilate the creature.

Back