• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

Crunkledunk takes a glance at the terminal. He summons a microorganism sized homunculi on his finger that gives him information about the nature of others powers, and draws conclusions about their specific techniques from there.

Puppen's cheerfully goes over to read the terminal, her dust-doll contiues to ominously stare at everyone in the room.

Meretrix looked at the terminal for some time, but she felt that she didn't needed to go way in depth with it, since she seems to know alot of what she can do, she than turned to Abarim

@DMUA

"Hey, Religious guy, would you mind if i tested my powers on you?"

Yuna quickly understands everything she's told and reads on the terminal.

"I see..."

Yuna alreay knows her powers fully, so she decides to not train.

Johnathan sees that the device generates a directed spatial distortion towards another one of them when used to communicate with it, using a radio signal to detect them in the first place. This causes the voice of the initial user to effectively come from nearby the targetted individual regardless of actual distance.

Everyone reading the terminals learns the state of the world, starting from when they were put in stasis to just before the nuclear exchange occured. The nuclear exchange itself seems to have been motivated by both a fascist regime that controlled North Korea and increased aggression from the United States and United Nations towards non-democratic states. The First Eye knew about the existence of remote magicules nearly 150 years before mainstream science discovered them, which allowed them to predict the ideal genetic makeup for someone to control and manipulate them, a combination that was informally dubbed "The Everyman", as well as when The Awakening would occur based on increases in magicule density. This specific genetic sequence was notoriously hard to create in laboratory conditions, which lead to the official abandonment of attempts to genetically engineer or breed Everymen.

The Third Eye, in the time since The Awakening, has found various ways to abuse loopholes in how magicules function, as well as learn more about them. A notable one functions by causing the magicules surrounding the user's body to not flow as though they were there, which causes them to be imperceptible to supernatural beings and even conventional life, as this additionally causes most forms of light and radiation to bend around them. The Nothings seem to the eventual culmination of this technique, to the point that they cannot be normally remembered and functionally do not exist. Their research on magicules themselves hit several stumbling blocks early on due to it's inability to react with or abide by conventional matter or physics, although they did seem to abide by some quantum principles, albeit in ways that no other matter does. Several indirect experiments lead to the conclusion that they possess a complex charge and spin, and that one's ability to release absorbed magicules in various forms, such as a stream of fire, is dependent on a superposition-esque phenomena, where the magicule changes properties to fit what is believed to be a subconscious attachment to certain forms of harm. For example, a professional demolitions expert would gain the ability to remotely detonate masses of magicules.

Additionally, despite not being able to interact with conventional matter or physics, magicules are seemingly able to indirectly affect such things. The exact reason for this is not yet known, but the leading hypthosis is that certain applications of magicules actually fall back within the bounds of physics to some degree.

Abarim's punch creates a fist-shaped indent in the wall that is nearly as large as him.

Everet seems somewhat surprised at the lack of people who wish to test their powers, but is more preoccupied with talking to someone on the other end of his communication device.

After quickly learning all of this, Secundus moves away from the terminal and stands still, seemingly motionless, though his eyes shift from time to time, observing the area.

Puppen's laughs. "Haha~! What an interesting story we are now apart of~!" She grins. "What wonderful protagonists we shall be~." Her dust-doll stares ominously at Samson.

Abarim notices how the punch spread at the last moment, creating an impact that was wide instead of deep and maintaining of the same shape. The Big Boss did say that they needed to practice.

Drite77 said:
"Hey, Religious guy, would you mind if i tested my powers on you?"
"What type do you mean?"

@Hi3

"Mmm ... interesting ...", I murmur and then go to Everet.

"Hey, Everet ... I've spent enough time in this base before being hibernated ... and I know there's a room with archives containing all the files of First Eye members ... there's still that room or was it destroyed? "

Sieg has read the information on the terminals.

Most of it didn't matter to him, but the fact that he can manipulate this kind of supernatural particles, this magicules, quite interested him.

The man turns away from the terminal, then he starts waving his left hand in a circle, attempting to effect the surronding magicolues to make them do a whirl motion.

I say nothing in responce to the terminal's info.

Instead, i go to the center of the arena and try to use my powers by giving it a push. With my palms close to each other, multiple sparks form and suddely create small, hot explosions.

"Nuclear energy... in a post nuclear apocalyptic world. You gotta be kidding me."

Alexander hears Everet talking to someone who appears to be just outside of the base, but he's interrupted by Johnathan.

"Considering the pristine state of the rest of this bunker, I'd imagine that its still intact, we just haven't found it yet. This place is rather maze-like, as you should know, and The First Eye changing the orientation of rooms monthly doesn't exactly help matters."

Drite77 said:
"I will control you mind, but i promise that i won't make you do something stupid"
"...."

The mountain of a man looks down at Meretrix with a raised eyebrow

@HL

Puppen's starts to look around for something to make into a doll. She seems to huming a weird but happy tune.

@Drite

The dust-dolls hops on top of your head. It sits down.

"For me it is not a problem, I can analyze this place simply by touching it", I reply and then teleport into the cryogenic pods room and touch the floor, analyzing the whole building through psychometry.

@DMUA

"C'mon, i promise th-"

@Junko

Meretrix is cutted by the sudden doll on her head

"AHHHHHH"

Meretrix screams as she picks the doll with Telekinesis and slams it into a wall

"DIE YOU EVIL BEING!"

Meretrix shouts at the doll

"Well, where was i? Oh yeah! I romise that i won't do that, you have my word"

Meretrix says to the buff man

"... I still don't trust you."

He turns over to the wall, and pokes the air, hopefully keeping more precision than the punch.

Johnathan sees that the archives are the first door on the right from the pod room, althought both the pod room and the archives appear very distorted and geometrically impossible.

Puppen sees the stands on the wall, a few of which get vaporized by a blast from Samson along with a decent chunk of wall. The wall seems to instantly repair itself, however.

Sieg's magicule whorl creates a noticable "breeze" throughout the entirity of the room. Certain areas become flush with magicules to the point that they become easily visible to everyone, heavily resembling cyan sparks, despite easily being extremely small, although their actual size seems vague and inconsistent.

Abarim's poke appears significantly more precise than the punch from before, although still not perfectly so.

Solomom gets up from the terminal and walks over to Secundus

"Hello there Mr. Weapon. I was curious as to your combat capabilities, would you share that information with me?" He asks

"My ability is called "Star Proof", it allows me to switch between various phases, each possessing its own properties. Allow me to show you." Secundus responds.

"Phase 4 Activated: Megrez." He states out loud, 2 copies of himself appear standing next to him and their appearances shift to this

I don't mind that much and with my telekinesis I dismantle a part of the wall, entering the room.

I see a myriad of cupboards, with a thought I open them, carrying all the files in front of me, passing before my eyes until I find the file with my wife's name.

Constance Sauvage.

I touch it, analyzing every information it can offer.

I widen my eyes to what I discover, lowering my hand, along with my gaze, the last hope I had was shattered.

"Shit."

Controlling this is gonna be dificult, but it's all a leaning process. I absorb the radiation released from the blast and, this time, i point my finger towards a wall.

I start charging a small ball of energy at the tip of it. I hold it in and, whenever it feels right, i try to release the ball in a thin, compressed laser of energy, trying to avoid destruction.

"Hmmm."

Sieg comments as he sees the sparks.

The white haired tries something else, something more complex, he extends his left arm foward and once more tries to affect the magicolues.

"Foward push"

He attempts to impose the action on the particles, to see if a simple thought based command is enought control them.

Solomon claps upon seeing Secundus' ability

"Interesting, that seems to be a useful power, and considering you called that one "phase 4" I'm assuming it's not the only one. You will certainly be helpful in this upcoming mission of ours."

Hl3 or bust said:
Abarim's poke appears significantly more precise than the punch from before, although still not perfectly so.
Hmm

He continues working on nullifying inverse square law with his punches

@DMUA

"Well, i guess that i can't force you into doing it, good luck with your training mate"

Meretrix than goes towards Everet

@HL3

"Hey, do you know where John went? I am not fiding he nowhere here"

"In that case, I assume you won't start with that form, I also assume you wouldn't likely start with phase 4 either. Do you have any phase that you would say you would start with the most often?"

If I am to work with him, I need to have an idea of his battle plan. Being a weapon, he isn't likely to try and work around us unless it is necessary, meaning I'd have to work around him instead.

"Phases 1 through 3 are the most likely to be used. Dubhe, Merak and Phecda." Secundus answers.

"In Phase 4, I am capable of regenerating any damage taken as long as all three are not eliminated at once. As such, this is the optimal phase for a training area such as this."

"John went to see if his wife, who also worked for The First Eye, had any surviving descendents."

Samson's beam hits the wall, and immediately expands outwards, creating another large explosion. This one was a bit smaller than before, though, and was more deep than wide.

Sieg sends a significantly more stiff breeze of magicules in the indicated direction.

Back