• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

@Drite

"Oh no! Trixie!", I exclaim, flying towards her.

Using my telekinesis I let the blood flow back into her while I repair her wounds.

"Are you okay?", I ask with a worried tone, supporting her.

Secundus descends back down to the others.

"It would be best if we departed from this area. Using my power to repel these would harm all of you as well."

@Faruel

"S-something appeared, i was almost with the monster's mind, but something s-stopped me, a-and s-something is roaring even louder! I-i don't know if i c-can maintain the mental connection for t-to long"

Meretrix says while stammering a little, John could notice that it was a misture of discocentration, proplaby due to the loud noises on her head, and some damage done to her brain

That is bad, i got to greedy in relation of stealing its mind that i didn't notice other treats, hell, i don't even know if this is the monster's doing and if i accidentally helped him

Hearing what Secundus said, I hold Trixie close to me as I create psychic threads from my body, wrapping everyone else except Secundus.

With a single thought I teleport everyone to a safe distance from Secundus.

Secundus floats upwards again, awaiting for the waves to close in, the orange glow grows more and more intense as they get closer until eventually unleashing another massive explosion from his body.

Solomon decides to switch from Surtr to Baldur after being teleported, as to not have his heat aura affect anything. He looks back towards the lake.

"Although in most of those stories, the flood has more forewarning." He comments

@Faruel

"S-sorry John, i got to careless. I though that i could take the beast's mind, but i-i ended up releasing a bigger threat"

Meretrix says, still stammering due to the brain damage that she received

"I can find you all of those."

Everet responds. He hands Stranger a mic that appeared to come from nowhere and they both suddenly appear outside of the bunker.

"Your fans and the stage of a lifetime are over there."

He points at a large storm filled with something moving, which is also approximately where the group was teleported to.

@everyone else

The clouds, the storm, and whatever is within either are easily visible from even this distance. In fact, it doesn't appear to have shrunk much at all, and stretches from horizon to horizon, with some sort of high-pitched yelp coming from within.

Secundus is battered by hail far stronger and faster than should be physically possible, leaving him covered in bruises and bleeding sores. His blast causes the waves to effectively level out, and the water seemingly evaporates and returns to the air extremely rapidly. Some part of the mass in the clouds remains fixed in place, seemingly glaring at Secundus.

"Phase 4 Activated: Megrez." Secundus states calmly to himself. Changing his appearance to this once again and spawning 2 copies. His wounds begin rapidly healing.

Secundus surrounds himself in powerful winds, as if prepared to repel another attack.

"Welcome to my show, ladies and gentlemen-HOLY SHIT!" He slowly backed away. "Are you ******* with me, pal?" He looked at the man.

Abarim feels the psychic recoil, and staggers a bit as he feels his very blood burning at him. But still, he stands strong. He doesn't really have an alternative, after all.

He sees the tethers reaching towards him from John, then decides right then and there.

"I won't run from this. Humanity needs this water supply, and I can't stand here and risk it be destroyed by this second wind on the creature's part."

Abarim leaps into the air, skyrocketing.

Newton's Third Law: Any action has an equal and opposite reaction. Abarim, knowing exactly the damage it could cause, and the force he could be wasting, redirects the reaction into his own body to make him soar yet higher.

He raised one fist into the air, as a shockwave followed him into the clouds, where the real battle was.

@Drite

"Shh, don't worry ... now just think about healing", I say, using my psychometry on her to see if she has any damage and fix it.

I put my hands together and recreate the fire beam from earlier. I put more energy into the attack and make it even hotter before firing it at the mass in the clouds.

"Take this!"

@Faruel

"I am s-sorry, but i c-can't, just look a-at it"

Meretrix says while looking to the clouds

"I've d-one that, and now, i won't be able to f-fix my mistakes, i... I'm a failure..."

Meretrix says in a sad tone, if her brain wasn't to damaged, she would have cried out of sadness

Solomon switches from Baldur to Thor, using his manipulation of storms to disperse the storm, and uses his generation of electricity to blast the clouds from within using electricity if they refused to disperse.

@Drite

The dust-doll floats over and gives Meretrix a comforting pat on the head. Puppen's and her military-doll's wach the the others fight.

Seeing as i left a great amount of radiation from the use of my powers before, i extend my hand foward and start pulling and absorbing the left over radiation. That gives me a significant boost in my powers. I start charging another powerful attack.

"Imbeciles, they didn't think about what they were going to do at all. They could have used that pearl for research purposes, if we are to learn more about these magicules. At least I still have information on them, which I can hand to the third eye, I suppose" Crunkledunk thinks to himself. Realising he wouldn't contribute much to the situation significantly he refrains from doing anything towards the fight. However he does summon a certain homunculi that nobody can see due to its size.

"No ... you're not a failure, everybody makes mistakes," I murmur, healing her brain damage.

"Now stay here and rest ... I take care of the monster with the others", I say, keeping her telekinetically raised to then looking towards the cloud mass with determination.

I wrap myself in a barrier and then teleport myself into the clouds.

In an instant I release a telekinetic explosion around me, expanding for over ten kilometers and dismantling all the clouds it encounters.

"Nope."

Everet responds

@everyone else

A massive beam of water, easily a kilometer across and surrounded by innumerable smaller beams, comes from what is likely the Kelpie's head, aiming straight at Secundus.

Silas' fire causes large sections of the cloud to dissipate, revealing some sort of transluscent fur on the body of the cloud creature. Abarim's manipulation of reactive force causes him to instantly and vastly accelerate upon contact with the creature, immediately blowing a large hole through that body segment, although he sees that a large area around the creature is filled with a sort of water aura. Johnathan's telekinetic burst, meanwhile, doesn't go anywhere near as far as intended, but still carves a decent chunk out of a nearby body segment.

Solomon is able to disperse the outer storms, but more simply take their places and the inner ones seem extremely concentrated, although the use of electricity does help somewhat, allowing all the but the innermost clouds to be dispersed.

I give an irritated sigh.

I have to think much bigger ... and in many more numbers. I think.

I teleport myself above the cloud to then open my hands.

A thousand of small psychic spheres materialize inside the clouds, to the explode like my previous telekinetic burst.

@Junki

Meretrix could now feel a little of her surroundings, as well as move her arms and legs a little, though she is unable to stand up

She moves her head to see who was petting her, until she notices that it was one of Puppen's dolls

"..."

Meretrix just stares at the doll with a blank look on her face

"Tch, just when we had defeated it that woman bringed him back."

Sieg mutters to himself very irritated.

He switches out Ea for the Staff of Circe and starts spamming blasts of flames against the central clouds, while he uses the Eye of Horus to try find any weakpoint in the new form of the elemental.

Solomon supercharges his hammer before launching it into the central clouds, causing the hammer to release is massive pulse of lightning out when it reached the target.

"This thing sure is resilient, isn't it?"

"Phase 3 Activated: Phecda." Secundus states calmly, changing his appearance to this once again as the massive wave heads towards him. The clones spawned by Megrez vanish.

"Dark Thunder." He states, as a massive wave of dark lightning exits his body to counteract the beams. Secundus continues hovering, awaiting the attack to connect with Dark Thunder and readying his own natural defenses. Secundus prepares to split into two should the attack impact him.

Having blown a hole through the sky, Abarim looks down to see tha watery aura covering the wounds.

"Again."

Abarim alters the physics around his hand, and grips a handhold in the clouds to launch himself through the monster a second, third, as many times as it takes.

As my attack starts overcharging, i release the equivalent of a particle accelerated beam towards the cloud monster. It boosts over at light speed, with such massive heat that the air around it turns into plasma.

Crunkledunk summons another homunculi and gets both of them to apply certain qualities and chemicals to the water. Firstly he adds healing chemicals so as to reduce the amount of damage people would take by being hit significantly. Secondly he applies reactive weakening magicules to the water, essentially working as a level of durability negation for anyone hitting the water

@Christian

Stranger finds himself holding a comically large umbrella and wearing a see-through rain coat.

@everyone else

Jonathan's telekinetic burst causes most of the innermost clouds to dissipate, revealing the massively enlarged Kelpie and it's water aura. The Eye of Horus detects no weaknesses outside of mental instability and an already known weakness to fire, with the fire blasts noticably scarring the creature.

Secundus' attack causes the primary beam to slow drastically ans outright nullifies most of the smaller ones, but the remaining ones start carving up the landscape. Abarim continues carving through the Kelpie. Samson's particle beam causes the Kelpie's body to be separated into 7 distinct pieces, each of which is rapidly being reduced to ash.

Crunkledunk's Homunculi changing the water aura causes the Kelpie to explode, leaving little more than a string not even a meter across and twenty long. Almost immediately, however, it releases yet another roar, this time an actual, physical one, blowing the back half of Abarim into the upper atmosphere and causing the landscape beneath it to become a crater, even throwing Secundus into the ground hard enough to pulverize most of his bones, although he feels them start to come back together. Meretrix's head starts bleeding again as well, even more profusely than before.

The Kelpie then starts releasing water, an order of magnitude more dense than before, at extremely high rates and in all directions, with the water moving too fast to even begin to fall, creating a massive sphere of it. This also pushes away and neutralizes the explosive water.

"Damage sustained. No matter. Danger levels: critical. Utilizing full power." Secundus states calmly to himself.

"Phase 9 Activated: Polaris" Secundus states in his usual tone, his appearance shifts to this and two limb bodies appear next to him, looking like this and this

"Supernova" The main Secundus states, unleashing a massive beam that ignores all barriers, invulnerability and defenses at the Kelpie.

The right limb body rushes towards the Kelpie and unleashes a powerful orange burst from its fists.

The left limb body summons shields for all 3 bodies to protect them.

"Getting rid of the water now is useless. Aiming for the Kelpie himself should stop this."

Up until now, i have been using fusion reaction, the collision of particles to create more complex particles. However, if i revert the process, and instead split the molecules, i can get fission...

So i bring my arm foward and focus everything i have into the string of the Kelpie. Visible sparks should be visible in the air, as i atempt to split most of the Kelpie string into lonely sub atomic particles, alongside with the air around it and probably a bit of the surrounding ground. While fission causes noticebly less powerful explosions than fussions, it should still be immense, with the amount of matter being affected.

I teleport myself near to Trixie, protecting both with a telekinetic barrier.

Noting that he is bleeding more than before, I close her wounds to then turn to the monster, an irrepressible anger inside me.

"You have chosen ... the wrong Esper!", I exclaim to then use my telekinesis to dismantle Kelpies, in addition to making the atoms of his aura made of water vibrate so that it evaporates.

Sieg uses the Staff of Circe to create a barrier around himself, thenhe holds his left hand foward and focuses, closing his eyes.

The Artifact User attempts to utilize the trick he learned prior to the battle, using his power as an Everyman to try take control of and manipulate the magicoules making up the last remaning bits of the elemetal's body, which because of his mental intability shouldn't be impossible, and those directly surronding him.

"Ignite"

He gives the mental order as he clences his hand, to cause the magic particles to burn up the water spirit, while bypassing his shield of dense water in the process.

Abarim feels an extreme sting on his back, as the wind ripples through his exposed muscles and his blood surrounds him.

"FUUUUUUUAAAAAAA-"

Abarim narrowly diverts himself from profanity as he continues to soar into the air. He takes a moment to alter his blood's viscosity, making it unable to travel through air and outside of his body properly.

After that's done, he reiorients himself, flipping over to see the whole world... Completely ruined, and severely dryer. He increased his air resistance to the point that gravity was nullified, and folded his arms, closed his eyes, and bowed his head.

"... This is quite the trial, isn't it?"

He remembers the time before all this, when the world was normal. He worked his days bodybuilding and doing manual labor to get by, and helped everyone he could manage. Then he was approached by the First Eye, and he got a feeling. A Divine compulsion to accept the offer, and remerge 100 years later.

"... I don't quite understand it. The world was destroyed, but you told me to stay, and help it return. Why let it be destroyed if it wasn't time?"

The silence was deafening. He felt melancholy, up here.

"... It won't make sense for a long time, will it? I suppose, for now..."

He opens his eyes, and reaches out with both arms, grabbing onto the air around him, preparing to jettison forward.

"I will go, I will do, what he the lord commands."

Nullifying the air resistance, Abarim soared back towards earth, the friction lighting his body ablaze as he threw himself back into the thin string that remained of his opponent.

Back