• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

It is on this day, the 23rd of September, and the year 2065, that humanity awakens to a new light of dawn. The light of the Everymen, the single most valuable individuals to ever exist. This is when we take back what is ours, and what will always be ours.
~ Everet Mann, Leader of The Third Eye​
Two years after the nuclear exchange between North Korea and the United States lead to a cascade of events that resulted in the near total extinction of conventional life on earth, the Everymen are found by The Third Eye in the ruins of a bunker created by their predecessors, The First Eye. Within the bunker, they had been placed in cryogenic hibernation for what The First Eye dubbed "The Awakening." All but one of particular circumstance came willingly, whether it be through bribes or lack of alternatives.

A day later, The Third Eye manages to get the chambers open. Positioned around a central support beam, 14 of 15 pods open. Around half of them are able to see a man standing in a doorway, whether directly in front of them or in their peripheral vision. A wave of frailty and pseudo-sickness comes over the Everymen, as they had not tasted anything but highly purified and cooled air or had to move in over 100 years, but strength quickly returns to them. They feel no hoarseness in their throat, no "pins and needles" throughout their bodies, or any sort of ailment that prolonged sleep and inaction would bring.

The man's features rapidly become more apparent, and he takes a deep breathe before speaking.

"I see most of you have had no complications, outside of a few parts of your brains not thawing out correctly. Guess that's what happens when you use old tech to preserve people, but oh well. Regardless, I'm open to questions, as many of you likely have."

His voice is heard equally clearly by everyone, regardless of their position in the room.

Everyone sees human-shaped blots of darkness in the corners of the room, even the ones on the ceiling. They seem to be watching you.

Characters

Meta/Registratio

Crunkledunk jumps out of his pod. "I don't want to be the individual asking all the tediously obvious questions, but how long have we been in there? And what are those things?" He points to the dark blots

Secundus calmly exits the pod.

"Living Weapon: Model 10, Designation: Secundus. Awaiting orders." He speaks in a completely calm, nearly robotic tone.

Alexander exists the pod. "So what is happening at the moment that needs us to be thawed out?"

Kingler exits his pod as a crawfish that seemingly appeared from underneath his armor crawled on to his shoulder. Kingler speaks "May I get a cup of water?"

Solomon looks himself over, clenching his hands and ensuring that he has feeling, before looking around at everyone else, the blots of darkness and eventually settling on the speaker

"Who are you, and what has happened that requires us to be unthawed?"

A rough, and tough downright cowboy wakes up. He has been doing nothing for an awfully long time, and as a result he asks. "Do you have a smoke? a pice of hay? even a toothpick would do."

"The current year is 2065, so you've been asleep for about 102 years. As to why you have been woken up, The Awakening occured exactly 2 years ago as of today. About......98% of all live of earth has died since. Additionally, we only just found this bunker, as it was very well hidden."

"To answer what the men in the corners are, they are a security force we call "Nothings." They are effectively living holes in the senses of others, and even I didn't expect you to be able to register their existence. Any requests for items can be fulfilled later, as there is quite a bit of catching-up to do."

He gives Secundas an odd look.

"Geez, ony 98%? I thought that by 2050 the Earth would have blown up"

Meretrix says as she exit the pod.

"So that means that we're pulling the band together, i suppose. It has been quite a long time since we talked to each other"

Meretrix than looked at Secundus with a curious look

"And who is that little fella? Well... i get his name, but why does he act that way, and what Model 10 means?"

Meretrix says pointing at Secundus

Crunkledunk looks noticeably affected by the news. "Wait, so my family, it's line, the futures of almost all my friends, likely ended?"

Taking in the conversation around him, Abarim steps out of his pod and begins stretching, loosening up his muscles for a bit, before flexing them, making sure they're all still in good shape for what comes next, whatever that is.

"Your intended objective is to be the front of a coordinated effort to retake earth from the unnatural creatures that now inhabit it. And yes, Crunkledunk, that is likely, although we cannot confirm it at this time."

He appears to take a moment to think about Meretrix's question.

"I.....I don't know. He wasn't in any records we could find. All we know is that he is definitely an Everyman like the rest of you."

"I am a living weapon specifically designed by the First Eye to combat supernatural threats. I am called Secundus, Model 10, Models 1 through 9 were all failures." He explains completely calmly.

"Ummmm, that may be a problem..."

Meretrix says to the old man

"Wait, models? Like, artificially created beings? I didn't thought that the First Eye did that"

Meretrix asks Secundus in a curious tone

As Yuna steps out of her pod, she survey's her surroundings.

Responding to Meretrix

"Ah, yes. I didn't think I would ever see outside of there."

She produces a soft smiles as she waves are everyone who she recognizes.

"We cannot say for sure. So far, we've only been able to reliably search most of North America, and any attempts to go south or to Europe and Asia universally end in failure and the death of all involved."

"As for you, Secundas, that explains some things. No records of your existence were kept as your creation and existence were......well, very illegal at the time."

I think to myself as I listen to everyone ask and have their questions answered.

Okay, this sounds like a job where a hero would shine.

Solomon sits back and listens to the conversations, taking in the information

That one is pretty interesting, "Living Weapon", I wonder what working with him will be like. He thinks, glancing over at Secundus

"So we don't have much information on our enemies, that's no good."

"Artificially created beings, yes. I was created in this form, unlike most humans I did not grow or change in any way." He answers Meretrix.

"My existence was kept secret under orders from my superiors." He answers calmly.

"I was created for the purpose of defending humanity. I will accept any order you have that will lead to this end."

@Yung

"Oh, hey Yuna, long time no see, how was your beauty sleep? As i am seeing, it didn't help you at all"

Meretrix asks in a playful tone

@Phoenix/HL3

"..."

Meretrix looks briefly at him than goes towards the old man and whispers

"Hey, that may **** us in the future, you know that, right?"

While asking that, she also tries to read his mind

I show an extremely worried look at hearing the news told by the man with the blindfold.

"Hey, I have another question ... are we the only ones who woke up? Didn't you find any other cryogenic pods here?"

"More or less. And no, John, you are the only preserved Everymen we have found."

Meretrix can't seem to reliably breach his mental shields, but she does recieve communication back

Quite the contrary. He is the least likely of us to fall to human failings.

@Phoenix

"Not an issue, just concerning"

Meretrix says in a calm tone

@Hl3

Well... i amy be paranoiac about those movies where the thing that was supposed to protect the world see that to do that he need to destroy us

After Abarim completes his final pose, confirming his whole body, chest, loins, arms and all are ready to battle, he stands straight, and speaks up.

"Bidding our time in thought seems like it will get us nowhere. Let's just have faith, in whatever God you believe in, and in eachother."

Puppen's contiues to hum a happy tune, she seems to have put tones of dust bunnies into a humanoid shape. "Hmm, hmm~!"

Sieg comes out of the his pod.

"What are waiting for ? Let's get going already."

He says to the Old Man with a cold tone of voice. [He sounds like Archer (EMIYA) btw]

"I am Everet Mann, current Overseer of The Third Eye. That is likely, John, but the methods used to hide them are not well understood and the only known way to bypass it needs to be actively applied to a suspected area, making it difficult to find them."

Everet turns to Sieg.

"I admire your enthusiasm, but you need training in your abilities and the various standard techniques that have been developed. Simply put, you may have more power thab anyone here, but without the knowledge needed to use it, it may as well not exist."

Back