• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

@Faruel

Seeing that John was getting a little nervous, Meretrix approached him

"John, i don't want to sound pessimist but... i don't think that they... you know"

Meretrix says in a sad tone

Drite77 said:
"Well... what happens if you are a non believer?"
"Then you'll probably be far sadder than if you did believe in something, I think."

I look at Meretrix with a somewhat angry expression.

"Don't try to say that, Trixie ... don't try," I say in a slightly irritated tone.

@DMUA

"Well, i ain't sad and i've never believed in something"

@Faruel

Meretrix than hugs John

"I'm sorry. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but don't create false hope, that will only hurt you more, trust me John, i know that"

She says in a sad tone

"It takes time. Eventually, something bad happens and you won't know why.

"Oh, and you are here too Meterix, and you Yun." Crunkledunk approaches John and puts his hand on his chest (it would be his shoulder if he wasn't 5'2). "Look, all of us - or at least most of us- have lost something today. But not all is lost for you as it is for them, there is a chance your wife and child, my godchild, are still alive. In fact, I'm almost certain of it, I could even help you find the exact bases they are located. Just, I'm feeling a bit foggy- partially due to the side effects of statis, but mainly due to the trauma of the information just imparted upon me. So for now, let me regain my memories, somehow, but in the meantime you need to stay strong for all these other people who have lived through this tragedy and those who have lost people important to them with no chance of regaining them, and that includes me. As you know. So just keep your head up for now, OK bud?"

@Drite

I hug Trixie slightly.

"I have to find them ... if there's a slight chance that Constance and Evangeline are still alive ... I must have hope", I whisper.

"Then hope, I'm sure it will amount to something John. Just stay strong for now, for me if nothing else" Crunkledunk sighs solemnly and hugs John.

He shouldn't give himself false hope, his family is certainly dead. Solomon thinks

Although I guess it's better than having him give into despair and quit already.

He turns and follows Everet out of the room

@DMUA

"I doubt that"

@Faruel and Tago

"Just please, be realistic, if they are truly... dead, don't freak out, remember, we are here for you pal"

Meretrix whispers back

Puppens hum's happily, she pokes her human-shaped pils of dust bunnies, in a small flash, it becomes a human-looking dust doll, complete with a small frilly dress. "Adorable~."

@Faruel

"Let's go, if we get stronger, we may find your wife and my Godchild"

Meretrix says as she follows Everet

@Junko

"Ummmmm, hey, creepy girl, maybe we should train before doing anything with our powers"

[Says the one who tried to read Big boss' mind]

@DMUA

"Well, the world is mostly dead, wonder where their god was in that situation"

Meretrix says in a rather calm tone

Sieg keeps mental notes about the conversations happening in-between the other Everyman, for possible later use.

He follows behind the old man.

@Drite

Puppens stands up and spins towards Meretrix. "Ah~, but I'm just a simple dollmaker honing her craft~. Its only natural that I use my skills at any opportunity, no~?" She says with the same cheery grin. Her new dust-doll is standing on her shoulder.

@Junko

"...I am not very founded in dolls, those things are... evil. Anyway, if you want to make more dolls, i guess, you should follow the guy, he may teach you some new tricks"

Drite77 said:
"Well, the world is mostly dead, wonder where their god was in that situation"
"The same place your Science was when physics defying particles started appearing. In their next life, greeting them in embrace."

Everet leads the group down a long hallway, turning towards and opening the last door on the left. Within is a gymnasium-type room thay stretches nearly a kilometer in all directions, but is somehow lit by nothing but standard fluorescent lighting.

Along the wall the door is attached to, there are a number of stands wearing some sort or military garb, not dissimilar to what Everet is wearing. Terminals can be seen on a far wall.

He gives everyone a small black device, as well as a bottle of watee and a toothpick to Kingler and Phillip respectively before speaking.

"These will allow us to communicate regardless of physical distance. Anyways, here is a room where you can freely test your abilities, just don't mess up the door. The terminals can be used to quickly learn everything you need to know about the world leading up to The Awakening and our techniques for dealing with the new inhabitants."

@Drits

"Very well, very well~!" Puppen's takes off her hat and deoes a dramatic bow before following the old man. The dust-doll stares menacingly at Meretrix as Puppens leaves.

Secundus looks at the terminals, taking in information as quickly as his mind allows. He is already fully aware of his abilities and as such does not train.

Puppen's looks at the black device. "What might this do, my mysterious friend~?" Puppen's says with the same ol' grin. Her dust-doll is sitting on her head, watching everyone.

Crunkledunk decides not to train, having learnt the full extent of his abilities, especially considering the fact that he had already practiced certain abilities similar to these before gaining the powers of the magicules. If not quite as efficient.

@Yung

Meretrix chuckels a little

"Well, that is a understatement, but i'll take the compliment"

Meretrix says in a playful tone

@Junko

Meretrix notices that the Doll is looking at her, so she feels some shivers down her spine

"Erm... could you please tell you doll to not look at me?"

Meretrix says in a scared tone

I take off a glove, touching the device with my hand and analyzing how it works thanks to my psychometry.

Then I go to the terminals and do the same.

Solomon heads to the terminals and gathers all the relevant information that they contain.

Inverse Square Law: The idea that energy spreads out, roughly in the shape of a square, the further it travels.

Abarim steps forth and punches the air, causing a fist-shaped hole to ripple through the air and hit the wall a kilometer away.

Back