• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

"It seems it can heal..."

Abarim throws a few punches near the center of the thing's body, Warping inverse square law for maximum damage.

Looks like he has a plan.

"Guys, fall back! I think he's going to explode!"

I make some distance from the monster and ready my flames while I watch Secundus float closer to the creature.

Crunkledunk summons one microscopic homunculi on the attacker. It uses its power to analyse the creatures physiology, weaknesses and powers by touching it. He summons another homunculi which has a physiology that allows the creature to envelop Crunkledunk and maximise Crunkledunk's physical capabilities. This improves his speed and strength to 4 and his agility to 2. He runs away slightly from the clearly-about-to-explode man and places his arms in a defensive position

Homunculi 1 statistics array: 3-2-2-1-4

Homunculi 2 statistics array: 4-2-4-1-1

Puppen's doll bullets take small chunks off the creature's head and torso, which is then incinerated by Samson. As more of the body appears from underwater, it, again, is destroyed by Solomon's flames, and even after that it gets damaged by Abarim's punches. As Secundus floats over the lake, and just before his explosion completely destroys the parts of the creature that are above water and drops the water level by a good dozen meters, he sees something very shiny at the bottom.

However, rather than immediately resurfacing, the creature, which now appears a bit smaller and slower, stays underwater and hits the ground from under the opposite side of the lake with part of its body. It seems to have been doing this for a while, as near immediately a large section of the ground falls into the lake. After all the loose dirt and silt rapidly settles, it is plainly clear that the creature is larger than originally, as with the lake.

While still submerged, it starts pushing the entirity of the lake against the bit of land everyone is standing on, creating massive cracks in the ground which instantly fill with water, which seemingly only accelerates the process.

Crunkledunk learns that this is a "Kelpie", a sort of water spirit. It directly draws power from the size of the body of water it inhabits, and, despite likeing aquatic habitats over any others and rapidly drying out outside of them, doesn't actually need water to survive. Instead, all it needs is a sort of pearl-like stone that allows is to recreate body segments so long as it continues to be within its resident lake.

Its actual physiology seems to be mostly water, which is itself created from a unique, highly abundent form of magicule, making actually harming it with anything but fire extremely difficult. The most important thing for the current situation is the fact that there's only so much "water" it can move at a time, despite appearances, and that when doing things like what it is now its "pearl" is vulnerable.

I sigh in annoyance to then fly over the lake.

"I got tired of this, although I fear we will have to find another source ... I certainly will not drink the water from this lake", I exclaim, creating a small telekinetic field the size of a bubble on the lake bottom.

"To all of you, I highly recommend not approaching the lake ... again," I advise others telepathically.

In an instant the barrier expands, dismantling whatever it encounters.

Solomon returns to the Odin form, combining his gained knowledge with that of the knowledge his familiars could provide by flying over the lake, he targets the weak spot, throwing Gungnir and causing it to strike the intended location in an instant

It got smaller but then got bigger again after the lake got bigger. Maybe...

I run to the edge of the lake and use my hands to launch large beams of flame into the water in an attempt to vaporize as much of the lake as I can.

Seeing as the enemy have a mind, albeit Animalistic, Meretrix tries to control its mind using her Psychic Powers

Sieg senses the being's weakness thanks to the Eye of Horus, thus he summons Excalibur.

"Excalibur !"

He says while swinging the sword downwards, sending a massive beam of light against the weakspot of the water spirit, which should also be able to vaporize water like heat-based attacks because of it's sheer energy.

Puppes cheerfully gets far away from the lake. Her military-doll keeps up the firepower while her dust-doll contiues to gaurd her.

If it keeps increasing it's size, we won't be able to kill it.

Square Cube Law: The idea that, as the size of something is squared, it's mass is cubed.

Abarim claps his mighty hands together, and applies a Square Hexiagonal Law to the creature, increasing it's weight to an unsustainable level.

Secundus continues hovering over the lake, seeing the shining object at the bottom, he holds out his hand towards it.

"Binary Fire." He states, creating a large orb of fire on top of the pearl.

His body begins radiating orange light again.

Crunkledunk desummons the honunculi on the back i the opponent and summons a new one by the stone which snatched it up and teleports it out of the water into Crunkledunk's satchel. This homunculi is the size of a molecule but is surprisingly strong. It's abilities are: 4-1-4-1-2

All non-fire attacks hit the water, Kelpie, and even the pearl with an audible "plop", as the Kelpie grows significantly larger at the same time. Binary Fire and Silas' fire both throw up a large amount of water, with the former damaging the pearl somewhat, but seem to lose any heat the instant they touch the water, instead acting more like attacks of pure force. The mini-homunculi is instantly crushed by both the water and the weight of the semi-pacified Kelpie.

Meretrix hears constant, deafening roaring inside of her mind, although the Kelpie itself is simply lying on the bottom of the lake, being crushed by its own weight as it aimlessly thrashes about. The surface of the lake is rapidly shifting back and forth, like it was thoroughly jostled.

After several dozen seconds of charging, small explosions and lightning trail off my hand, as a small, 3 centimeter diameter star starts forming on my hand.

"Alright guys, where do i throw this!?" I scream so most of everyone can hear me.

Seing as his attack did minimal damage, Sieg decides it's time to bring out the big gun.

First, he demsumons Excalibur and Zeus' Aegid, then he generates a golden armor around himself Kavacha and Kundala.

after which, he generates a red, drill-like sword in his left hand.

"Ea: ..."

He pulls his arm backwards, as weapon's blade starts rotating, casuing reality around it to begin crumbling, being charge up to a point it has a range sufficient to reach the water spirit's core and a cupple dozen meters further.

"Ripping apart Heaven and Earth !"

Sieg shouts as he thrusts the red weapon toward the peal of the elemental, causing a large [Ten meters in diameter] existance annihilating vortex to be fired against it.

Jesus Christ, could you be more noisier?

"Well, he is currently at the bottom of the lake, slowly dying out, but i would appreciate if you guys accelerated that, i am currently holding him with my mind control, so you guys can safely beat him to death, but be quick, because the ****** won't stop screaming in my head and it is disconcerting"

Meretrix says to the group

"Target the shining orb within the lake. I have concluded that to likely be its core." Secundus answers before charging up another attack at it.

"Binary Fire." He states, creating the orb of fire again. The glow grows more intense.

"Alright then!"

Keeping the mini sun up is being quite the strain on my arm. Using Magicules, i move to another position, to get a better angle/shot. After getting ready, i throw the scorching ball of gas and plasma, 15 million C of pure heat directed at the shining orb.

Solomon again enters his Surtr form, deducing that fire is the only method to harm this thing

"We are definitely making progress at least."

He aims Loptr Laegjarn down towards the core of the creature and thrusts forwards, sending a beam of intense flames that rival the surface of the sun in heat, towards the creature's core.

@Drite

"Don't worry Trixie, soon your headache will fade", I exclaim, creating psychic threads around the pearl to then tightening them and cutting the pearl at an atomic level.

Abarim clenches his fists, and starts barraging the Kelpie's pearl with inverse square law piercing attacks

I put my hands together and continue to shoot fire into the lake. I increase the temperature of my flames, and focus my fire into a laser of pure heat.

Puppen's hum's while looking around for something to turn into a doll. Her dust-doll stays with her while her military-doll takes cover and shoots some more.

Phillip seeing that fire was the weakness of the creature, decides to switch up the horse's nature to fire, but can't react while the transformation takes place, when that's finished, he uses the fires natural abilities to burn the lake. using a fire storm, over the lake.

The fire storm starts rapidly vaporizing the water at the top of the lake, allowing Samson's sun and Silas' fire beam to get a better shot, even if the actual heat they carry were entirely negated. The combination of Binary Fire, the sun, and the fire beam, as they were turned into physical attacks, destroys most of the Kelpie's body along with some help from Abarim and what little force from Yuna's whip attack could reach, with a decent chunk of the rest and the mono-molecular remains of the pearl being expunged completely and utterly by Ea.

However, the roaring within Meretrix's mind doesn't cease. Instead, it merely quiets a noticable amount, although the Kelpie itself isn't moving.

Puppen finds the top half of a soldier, dressed in similar, but more form-fitting, garb to Everet and the military doll.

"Seems dead, but you can never know considering how odd of an entity it is."

Sieg mutters, as he uses the Infromation Analysis of the Eye of Horus to check the elemental's remaining Health, remaning Mana/supernatural energy and Power Level of his now weakened state.

Secundus remains hovering above. The glow on his body continues to intensify, but is being consciously held back by Secundus.

"What a strange creature." Solomon comments, landing back down near the edge of the water

Puppen's turns the soldier into a 2nd military-doll, she returns and looks at the downed beast. "Ho-hum, I wonder if the new actor shall rise~?" She tests her ability on the beast, testing to see if it is dead, and to alos try to get a new doll.

"He is dead, well, apparently, only his body is, his mind is still fuctioning, well, he kinda that quiet down a bit with the noises, but i can still hear it, he may be playing dead, but i doubt. Since he is not a threat anymore, i suppose that taking his mind wouldn't be a issue, but stay in alert"

After Meretrix says that, she tries to steal the creatures' mind with her Psychic powers

The Kelpie's mind appears to have gone dormant as it rapidly moves over towards Meretrix......at least until some form of psychic rebound hits her, causing her to physically recoil and be left bleeding from a good dozen places around her head and unable to comprehend her surroundings. Another mental roar rings out, but it's far louder than even before. Everyone feels every fiber of their being violently rattling against each other, as their blood begins to boil.

From the horizons, they see utterly vast waves of water coming towards them, towering over anything else within sight by several times over. Within the storm clouds above, shapes, easily thousands of times larger than the entirity of the Kelpie's body, roil aimlessly, as an immense hailstorm begins.

@Christian

Back at The First Eye's bunker, Everet is speaking with a subordinate. They claim to have found another, lone cryonic hibernation pod. Everet goes to see for himself, finding it to be true.

This one has next to no information archived either......

He reads a plate riveted to the beam the pod is against, surrounded by warnings not to release its contents unless absolutely necessary

Stranger......is that all they knew?

He has a technician open the pod. Stranger feels not a single instant of weakness or frailty as he is rapidly unthawed.

"Hello, boys and girls! It is I, your favorite clown, Stranger!" He said, before looking around a few seconds later. "Uhhhhhhh...where's the crowd? Or the stage? Or even the mic?"

Back