• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Mizuki (One Punch Man) vs Austin Theory (WWE) (5-0-9)

Well, I can certainly argue that Theory can fight through getting impaled in an non-vital area better than a normal human because he has Superhuman stamina.

He can fight for prolonged periods of time while taking shots from foreign objects like kendo sticks and steel chairs, which leave bruises and welts all over the body.

He can also fight on from getting hit by steel steps, which of course, are made of steel.

He's also to fight on despite getting hit by finishers, which I've already how powerful they are (I think Laser knows).

He has also fought matches with broken fingers, and swollen/broken jaw.
While I agree he could still stand after sustaining such injuries, I think being impaled in non-vital areas (especially if said area's are joints), I don't think any of the injuries he's suffered listed are comparable to being outright impaled.

Not sure how well he'd do if impaled through the knee though. That'd prolly severely limit his movement, if not, almost entirely cripple him.
I'd argue that throwing steel steps would 100% overpower her attacks with the baton.
I don't think so. Most of Mizuki's own weapons are able to withstand 9-B attacks without breaking. Normal steel steps, latters, etc. are only as durable as real life objects, no? If the objects durability do scale to 9-B (Which I figure they don't since they seem to break most of said objects in their fights), sure, she'd probs have trouble stopping them with a baton, but they def wouldn't protect him from a javelin which is both carrying 9-B KE, but is also very sharp at the end, allowing it to penetrate similar to a bullet.

Theory dodges quite easily tbh. The baton is obviously long asf, but it doesn't have all that much width, which is something Theory can definitely capitalize on.
I see your point, but has Theory ever dealt with a long ranged approach like this before? I notice his instinctive reaction, and the description of his AD sounds like it might help here as well. However, given the range she has, dodging just one attack isn't going to be enough, whatever way she strikes in first, be it vertically, horizontally, a thrust, whatever, there should definitely be time to manage a follow up attack from a new angle, if not multiple, if Theory dodges one.
I'd argue that throwing steel steps would 100% overpower her attacks with the baton. Also, how long is the average baton? I'm assuming Mizuki's baton is around the same length as the average baton. Also, I know Theory has a clear LS disadvantage, but can't Theory just grab the baton and try and come in closer?
I agree about the stairs, that's basically what I was saying lol. But my more important point was that I don't think she'll allow him to grab them, or any other weapon for that matter.

When it isn't extended, yes, I would assume her baton is 'average baton length' (the first response on google tells me anywhere from 14-32 inches), but when it is extended, it is much larger than the average baton, quite a good bit longer than she is tall.

If he grabs it, she can just contract it back to it's original state, and extend it again for a renewed attack.
That would definitely catch Theory off guard, but like I mentioned earlier, Theory has very good timing, being able to catch his opponents in mid-air. I'm pretty sure Theory can hit Mizuki with a strike while she's in mid-air to change the tides of the fight.

And yes, despite having a clear LS disadvantage, Theory has enough LS to lift Mizuki's body weight (I think. I need to know how much Mizuki weighs). He's also hit his finishers on people with higher LS than him (I believe I've shown proof of this as well earlier in the thread).
I hear you, I think that is a great advantage Theory has as well, however my point was about him going to grab weapons. In the moment where he is reaching under the ring to find something, or getting a proper hold on the stairs to lift them, he'll be wide open for Mizuki to attack, and probably too preoccupied to stop her.

As far as I know, she doesn't have a confirmed weight. Not sure what we do in that situation, but I doubt she's above 500 pounds lol.
Aiming at the shoulders is going to be pretty hard to do imo. Theory is always going to be alert of Mizuki's javelin/spear, and the shoulders in general is a very specific spot to aim at, and requires very good accuracy in order to hit it.
As has already been said, she is a world-class track & field champion with many medals to her name. As far as I know, it isn't confirmed what events she actually participated in when she competed, but given that she bases her fighting style primarily off of her track & field skills, I think it might be safe to assume the 'events' she calls out when attacking are those which she is used to.

As a world-class medalist in javelin throwing, I'd say she surely does have very good accuracy.
If Mizuki tries aiming at Theory's knees, then Theory just jumps over it.
She's not going to make some telegraphed mad dive at him like Madcap did, still I don't doubt that he could potentially avoid some of her attacks but if he just jumps up like he did in the video, he'll be more open for an attack than he was before he jumped.

Not sure how well he'd do if impaled through the knee though. That'd prolly severely limit his movement, if not, almost entirely cripple him.
If Mizuki tries aiming at Theory's knees, then Theory just jumps over it.

While I agree he could still stand after sustaining such injuries, I think being impaled in non-vital areas (especially if said area's are joints), I don't think any of the injuries he's suffered listed are comparable to being outright impaled.
I mean, you can impale people without immediately killing them. They can die without medical attention afterwards, but you'd be surprised how resilient humans can be sometimes.
So if you're saying a normal human can fight through getting impaled in a non-lethal area on their body, why are trying to double back and say that Theory, someone with Superhuman stamina, likely wouldn't be able to fight on?

I don't think so. Most of Mizuki's own weapons are able to withstand 9-B attacks without breaking. Normal steel steps, latters, etc. are only as durable as real life objects, no? If the objects durability do scale to 9-B (Which I figure they don't since they seem to break most of said objects in their fights), sure, she'd probs have trouble stopping them with a baton, but they def wouldn't protect him from a javelin which is both carrying 9-B KE, but is also very sharp at the end, allowing it to penetrate similar to a bullet.
I honestly highly doubt that Mizuki would be able to easily break steel steps. Those are some thick ass steps made out of real steel. Stuff like kendo sticks and steel chairs are a lot easier to break, though. Ladders will require more effort, but it's far from impossible to break. Steel steps have never shown to break though, ever, so Mizuki would have to put in a lot more effort in order to break it. Wrestlers have gotten slammed on the steps and nothing was broken, or even dented.

I see your point, but has Theory ever dealt with a long ranged approach like this before? I notice his instinctive reaction, and the description of his AD sounds like it might help here as well. However, given the range she has, dodging just one attack isn't going to be enough, whatever way she strikes in first, be it vertically, horizontally, a thrust, whatever, there should definitely be time to manage a follow up attack from a new angle, if not multiple, if Theory dodges one.
The thing is that if Theory dodges the first one, how is Mizuki going to create another javelin/spear in time? Afaik, Mizuki uses a singular baton in order to transmutate it into a javelin/spear. Wouldn't she need the baton in order to do that? If not, then she'll have to find to use the environment around her to create more weapons, which gives Theory the perfect chance to land some offense on her, and wrestlers are much more likely to use their finishers in matches that involve weapons than normal matches, so I can definitely see Theory catching Mizuki off guard and quickly hitting her with his ATL finisher.

Theory's AD only helps him match his opponent in skill in a few minutes. Theory is much more skilled than Mizuki when it comes to H2H combat, so I don't think AD will help him too much. Theory's Instinctive Reactions will definitely help him here.

I agree about the stairs, that's basically what I was saying lol. But my more important point was that I don't think she'll allow him to grab them, or any other weapon for that matter.
How so? Mizuki, like we established already, never really tries to lethally impale her opponents, so she'll basically have to catch a running person and somehow accurately hit the javelin/spear at one of Theory's non-lethal areas. And unless you or someone else can show me some scans of Mizuki having absurd accuracy with her javelin/spear, then I'd doubt she'd accurately be able to do that before Theory grabs a weapon.

When it isn't extended, yes, I would assume her baton is 'average baton length' (the first response on google tells me anywhere from 14-32 inches), but when it is extended, it is much larger than the average baton, quite a good bit longer than she is tall.

If he grabs it, she can just contract it back to it's original state, and extend it again for a renewed attack.
That's fair.

I hear you, I think that is a great advantage Theory has as well, however my point was about him going to grab weapons. In the moment where he is reaching under the ring to find something, or getting a proper hold on the stairs to lift them, he'll be wide open for Mizuki to attack, and probably too preoccupied to stop her.
Theory has shown to catch people in mid-air even while being stunned. Theory being preoccupied won't really matter, as when you're stunned, instead of trying to attack, you'd usually try to rest and gain your awareness back.

As far as I know, she doesn't have a confirmed weight. Not sure what we do in that situation, but I doubt she's above 500 pounds lol.
In that case, Theory can definitely lift her.

As has already been said, she is a world-class track & field champion with many medals to her name. As far as I know, it isn't confirmed what events she actually participated in when she competed, but given that she bases her fighting style primarily off of her track & field skills, I think it might be safe to assume the 'events' she calls out when attacking are those which she is used to.

As a world-class medalist in javelin throwing, I'd say she surely does have very good accuracy.
The thing is that trying to aim at a very specific body part against something that's moving is a tough task, especially if said person has IR. Aiming at Theory's knees won't work (I already explained that), and aiming at the shoulders is such a specific body part to aim at.

I'll also mention that the monsters Mizuki impaled with her javelin/spear seem to be much bigger than Theory, who's only 6' 1", 220 lbs, which is certainly pretty big, but it's much smaller than the monsters Mizuki has defeated, so I'd assume that Mizuki will have a much harder time targeting Theory than she would a monster, especially since Theory has IR.

She's not going to make some telegraphed mad dive at him like Madcap did, still I don't doubt that he could potentially avoid some of her attacks but if he just jumps up like he did in the video, he'll be more open for an attack than he was before he jumped.
A javelin is much more thin than Madcap. Also using "telegraphed" isn't really a good argument here, as most, if not, all of WWE's moves and spots are telegraphed, but they should be taken legitimately.

Also, about that part you mentioned about Theory being more open for an attack than he was before he jumped comes back to this question I made:

The thing is that if Theory dodges the first one, how is Mizuki going to create another javelin/spear in time? Afaik, Mizuki uses a singular baton in order to transmutate it into a javelin/spear. Wouldn't she need the baton in order to do that?

Well, I can convince everyone to halt the match from getting added, and we can continue debating.
That’s not how it works. A match doesn’t end when it is added to a profile, it ends 24 hours after grace, so long as that grace is not cancelled out. If you want to continue debate on this afterwords, you’ll need to make a re-match thread, and in that thread prove you have a noticeably different set of arguments to demand a re-do of a concluded match

The thing is that if Theory dodges the first one, how is Mizuki going to create another javelin/spear in time? Afaik, Mizuki uses a singular baton in order to transmutate it into a javelin/spear. Wouldn't she need the baton in order to do that? If not, then she'll have to find to use the environment around her to create more weapons, which gives Theory the perfect chance to land some offense on her, and wrestlers are much more likely to use their finishers in matches that involve weapons than normal matches, so I can definitely see Theory catching Mizuki off guard and quickly hitting her with his ATL finisher.
I was entertaining the idea of Mizuki avoiding a more lethal approach and just extending her baton and hitting him, remember? You're right, if she throws her baton she will need to get it back or make a new one, but I was only talking about her holding on to it and hitting him.
How so? Mizuki, like we established already, never really tries to lethally impale her opponents, so she'll basically have to catch a running person and somehow accurately hit the javelin/spear at one of Theory's non-lethal areas. And unless you or someone else can show me some scans of Mizuki having absurd accuracy with her javelin/spear, then I'd doubt she'd accurately be able to do that before Theory grabs a weapon.
As I said, Mizuki's great leaping ability is going to let her follow him out of the ring very quickly even if he has a head start. When he rolls out of the ring to grab a weapon and is either crouching down to reach under the ring, or getting a proper hold on the stairs to lift them, he will be preoccupied and his ability to avoid an attack will be hindered.

It wouldn't be hard to hit a stationary target from what, 10 feet away? And once again, I'm not talking about her throwing the spear, I'm entertaining the idea that she is going to try not to kill him, using the long extension of the baton and just hitting him instead.

As for scans, you have already seen these panels a billion times in this thread I'm sure, but this is literally the one example of her throwing her javelin. While it's nothing incredibly amazing, I would say that it did require some decent accuracy.
Theory has shown to catch people in mid-air even while being stunned. Theory being preoccupied won't really matter, as when you're stunned, instead of trying to attack, you'd usually try to rest and gain your awareness back.
Forgive me for not making myself clear, I wasn't implying that she was going to jump at him. I just meant she would follow him out of the ring, I imagine she'd still hit him from a distance with the baton after getting out of the ring.

I will say this gives credence to his ability to avoid an attack while I imagined him otherwise preoccupied, but he'd still be in a rather disadvantageous position.
The thing is that trying to aim at a very specific body part against something that's moving is a tough task, especially if said person has IR. Aiming at Theory's knees won't work (I already explained that), and aiming at the shoulders is such a specific body part to aim at.

I'll also mention that the monsters Mizuki impaled with her javelin/spear seem to be much bigger than Theory, who's only 6' 1", 220 lbs, which is certainly pretty big, but it's much smaller than the monsters Mizuki has defeated, so I'd assume that Mizuki will have a much harder time targeting Theory than she would a monster, especially since Theory has IR.
She may not have the pinpoint accuracy necessary to consistently target those specific points, but she does without a doubt have the accuracy to hit the thing she is aiming at somewhere, as shown in the scans above.

I feel like short distance throws like would be made here would be much easier to be accurate with than the long distance throws made in actual javelin throwing competition.

The monsters aren't necessarily human shaped, but they're still generally human height. Although I can believe they are taller than Theory, Mizuki doesn't have a confirmed height but if I had to guess she's well into 6 foot+ territory at least. Looking at chapter 94 again rn, the sizes are honestly a little inconsistent but it seems like some were larger than her while others were a bit smaller. With that said I don't think Theory is so small that Mizuki would be thrown for a loop.
A javelin is much more thin than Madcap. Also using "telegraphed" isn't really a good argument here, as most, if not, all of WWE's moves and spots are telegraphed, but they should be taken legitimately.

Also, about that part you mentioned about Theory being more open for an attack than he was before he jumped comes back to this question I made:
I understand, however in this specific case that was very telegraphed, come on. He charged at him like a bull. Regardless, I do agree that Theory could avoid an attack aimed at his knees.

I hate to be a broken record but this was also assuming she isn't throwing the spear. If she just took a jab or swing with the baton, spear-ended or not, targeting Theory's knee, and he jumped like he did in the video, she could just swing the baton up and hit him.

Grace was activated because Mizuki hit the required 7 votes. If she no longer had those votes, grace would be deactivated. Equally so, grace cannot remain active if there is only a single vote between 2 options, so 6 votes for either Theory or incon would result in the stoppage of grace
You literally could've just said Theory or Incon needed 6 votes, and you would've been just fine.

Why do you gotta explain things so elaborately 😭

This wiki’s voting system is so dumb bruh
I mean voting alone is a flawed system but there’s really no other way to do it
but still we need to filter out bad practices, like making FRA trains invalid and requiring people to actively participate in discussion for their votes to count so they can’t leave after casting a vote
anyways like I said, I’m voting incon and am actually gonna read through the arguments now

Count me for Incon, too.

I’m voting incon just cause I hate fra trains
Same, I'm voting Incon as well.., That, and to help out Random.
Considering that at this point we are dealing with the hypothetical "will she or wont she use lethal tactics" anyway, I'll go ahead and vote incon as well.
Changing my vote to incon because this clearly means a lot to Random
That's officially 5 votes for Incon (including me).

We just need one more and grace will be halted lol.

Actually I’m pretty sure the mizuki vote is less than 7 now so, grace is reset anyways
solluminati-demon-time.gif

I was entertaining the idea of Mizuki avoiding a more lethal approach and just extending her baton and hitting him, remember? You're right, if she throws her baton she will need to get it back or make a new one, but I was only talking about her holding on to it and hitting him.
Oh lol. That's my bad then.

Well, even if we consider the average length of a baton (32 in.) and compare it to the average length of a WWE ring (20 ft.), that's still nowhere near enough to even reach Theory from all the way across the ring. Even if we factor in when you mentioned Mizuki extending her baton to where it's longer than her, that's still not enough to reach Theory from all the way across the ring, let alone outside of it.

Of course, this gets nulled by the fact that Mizuki can just...walk or run closer to Theory and smack him with her baton lol.

Also, about getting that baton back, I highly doubt Theory would let her get the chance to get it back, especially when he realizes how advantageous that baton is for her. I'd assume he'd break it half or throw it a long distance. Mizuki would then have to rely on the environment around her to make some weapons, which gives Theory the advantage, as he'd already know what weapons to use to inflict some damage on her.
As I said, Mizuki's great leaping ability is going to let her follow him out of the ring very quickly even if he has a head start. When he rolls out of the ring to grab a weapon and is either crouching down to reach under the ring, or getting a proper hold on the stairs to lift them, he will be preoccupied and his ability to avoid an attack will be hindered.
Now that's a fair argument.

It wouldn't be hard to hit a stationary target from what, 10 feet away? And once again, I'm not talking about her throwing the spear, I'm entertaining the idea that she is going to try not to kill him, using the long extension of the baton and just hitting him instead.
I already mentioned how Mizuki can't even reach Theory from all the way across the ring, but yes. All Mizuki needs to do is get closer to Theory while he's preoccupied with getting weapons. With how long the spear is, she won't even necessarily have to get out of the ring. Trying to leap at Theory is a no go, as I've explained before.

So yes, all Mizuki needs to do is close the distance between her and Theory before Theory can even the playing field with a weapon of his choosing, which is certainly possible.

As for scans, you have already seen these panels a billion times in this thread I'm sure, but this is literally the one example of her throwing her javelin. While it's nothing incredibly amazing, I would say that it did require some decent accuracy.
Hmm...

Solid accuracy, but it's nowhere near impossible for Theory to dodge, especially since the monster is a bigger target than Theory, and the fact that Theory has IR.

Forgive me for not making myself clear, I wasn't implying that she was going to jump at him. I just meant she would follow him out of the ring, I imagine she'd still hit him from a distance with the baton after getting out of the ring.
Okay. That makes sense.

I will say this gives credence to his ability to avoid an attack while I imagined him otherwise preoccupied, but he'd still be in a rather disadvantageous position.
Mizuki would just have to rely on hitting him from a range instead of just leaping at him, as Theory would dominate her from there if she tries doing that.

She may not have the pinpoint accuracy necessary to consistently target those specific points, but she does without a doubt have the accuracy to hit the thing she is aiming at somewhere, as shown in the scans above.
Agreed. It's just all about hitting someone who's a significantly smaller target than what she is used to, and said person has IR.

I feel like short distance throws like would be made here would be much easier to be accurate with than the long distance throws made in actual javelin throwing competition.
Also agreed, considering the tight space around the arena, the chances of her hitting something else is just about as high as her hitting Theory with it lol. That will also mean that she'd most likely have to shorten her baton, which does increase Theory's chances of him dodging a little bit.

The monsters aren't necessarily human shaped, but they're still generally human height. Although I can believe they are taller than Theory, Mizuki doesn't have a confirmed height but if I had to guess she's well into 6 foot+ territory at least. Looking at chapter 94 again rn, the sizes are honestly a little inconsistent but it seems like some were larger than her while others were a bit smaller. With that said I don't think Theory is so small that Mizuki would be thrown for a loop.
Not only do the monsters seem noticeably taller, they also seems to be noticeably wider, especially when you get to the mid section all the way up to the head.

zdA9XuV.png

Looking at the two images on the left side, it seems that the monsters have a significantly wider body than Theory does, as well as being taller than him. Of course, there's no confirmed height, but it's very reasonable to assume that the monsters Mizuki defeated are a noticeably easier target to hit than Theory.

Of course, hitting Theory is not impossible whatsoever, it's just going to be much harder due to his smaller size, as well as his IR stacked on top of that.

I understand, however in this specific case that was very telegraphed, come on. He charged at him like a bull. Regardless, I do agree that Theory could avoid an attack aimed at his knees.
True, true.

I hate to be a broken record but this was also assuming she isn't throwing the spear. If she just took a jab or swing with the baton, spear-ended or not, targeting Theory's knee, and he jumped like he did in the video, she could just swing the baton up and hit him.
I was literally basing it off of if Mizuki were to try and throw the spear at Theory's knee, not jab or swing at it 😭

But yes, if Mizuki were to try and swing or jab the baton/spear/javelin at Theory, then he will have to try and use different tactics in order to avoid it.

Tbh, this seems more and more like an Incon now that I think about it.

Back