• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Mizuki (One Punch Man) vs Austin Theory (WWE) (5-0-9)

Anyways, if Mizuki tries throwing a Javelin at Theory, what's stopping Theory from just dodging it? What's also stopping him from using it as a weapon as well?
The speed at which a Javelin travels when is thrown is about 25-30 m/s which doubles Theory's speed and this is a lowball since Mizuki as a superhuman being way above the athletes of the real world should be able to throw them at much higher speeds so I don't really see how would Theory just dodge it.

She also can transform her medals on discs and throw them at Theory's head

The speed at which a Javelin travels when is thrown is about 25-30 m/s which doubles Theory's speed and this is a lowball since Mizuki as a superhuman being way above the athletes of the real world should be able to throw them at much higher speeds so I don't really see how would Theory just dodge it.
Theory is "Superhuman" as well, so I don't know what you're trying to say here.

Well his speed is listed as "Peak Human" and his speed is equalized to Mizuki who just scales to baseline Superhuman speed
What I think he meant is arguing Mizuki could throw a spear better than top class athletes is irrelevant since so could Theory, though I don’t get that argument myself either since it’s not relevant to the discussion of what speed Mizuki is throwing the spear at

Unknown, At least Superhuman (Can easily react to incoming attacks with her back turned. Ran an unknown yet fairly far distance before a couple of monsters could land a close ranged tackle. Ran and jumped over several guys to catch a ball before it fell to the ground. Used to be a world class track and field athlete)

If this is Superhuman, then why isn't most of the WWE verse Superhuman lol.

Skill is important, but it doesn't really matter as much when your opponent literally has a spear.

If they are equalized to Superhuman (12 m/s), Javelins can be thrown at much faster speeds than that. You would need to like practically jump out of the way in order to dodge a speeding javelin like that, and that just puts you off-balance and open to an attack. Mizuki also has discs which can be presumably thrown at similar speeds which would **** with someone trying to dodge.

And in CQC, trying to grapple with 9x the power over your ass is like asking for a death sentence. Even if he breaks out of the first few holds through skill (which is something I sort of doubt), then I'm not sure what's preventing Mizuki from just grappling him again and breaking his back or something. Once again, his CQC skill is impressive but against someone who is more mobile (due to her track and field tactics), her ability to just throw shit at him from range, and just sheer power means he is absolutely going to have to have an opening show eventually.

Though this is all filler, because she has a spear and he does not. No human skill advantage is going to overcome that. What's even worse is that she can make spears out of the environment, so she can just grab a random stick and turn it into a spear with her transmutation. Even if she isn't particularly skilled at spear combat, that is still a spear. If she wants to finish the match quickly if it's taking too long and her standard tactics aren't working (because Austin is absolutely not putting her down in a reasonable timeframe due to the LS and power advantage. Any grapple he does will just be broken out of sheer strength) she can just ******* stab him and he'll die.

Vote Mizuki, 100% of the time.

Pika do you still have that clip of Bianca casually out running male athletes?

A good portion of the verse would scale to that, including Theory.
They weren’t “male athletes” they were other superstars I’m pretty sure, so no, no Superstars scale to a video displaying how Bianca is faster than all the Superstars 😭 certainly not Theory at least

I already explained how Finn and Theory aren't really comparable in terms of LS.

Finn in his base form can't even lift people who weigh 273 lbs, while Theory has lifted people who weigh significantly more than Lashley, and he's comparable to wrestlers who can lift 500+ pounds.

They're not comparable in terms of LS.
Maybe this wasn't intentional, but it feels like my question was completely ducked.

If you have someone in a headlock and are visibly struggling to restrain them and they are able to slowly break your grip on them, you're comparable. What else could you possibly interpret that as besides the person getting restrained either getting a temporary buff that allowed them to escape, or the person restraining them being tired and thus becoming comparable?
Why were they able to escape their headlock through slowly breaking/loosening his grip if he isn't comparable? What variables made it possible.

Saying "Willpower" or "Skill" doesn't make sense on its own at all. It needs elaboration.

🗿

And in CQC, trying to grapple with 9x the power over your ass is like asking for a death sentence. Even if he breaks out of the first few holds through skill (which is something I sort of doubt), then I'm not sure what's preventing Mizuki from just grappling him again and breaking his back or something. Once again, his CQC skill is impressive but against someone who is more mobile (due to her track and field tactics)
I'm getting a little annoyed at the fact that people are just completely ignoring the fact that Theory has experience in dealing with wrestlers with higher LS than Mizuki herself. I've shown legit proof of how Theory can circumvent it, and even break out of holds. Most wrestlers can break out of holds from people stronger than them due to their experience/skill as a wrestler. They have years upon years of experience wrestling all different kinds of opponents with many different fighting styles. They have dealt with disadvantages in LS, Speed, AP, Skill/Experience, and more, and can still come out the winner. Theory is no different. Of course, Theory has never fought someone with all of these advantages at once, but he has fought people who have advantages in LS (Bobby Lashley, Keith Lee, JD Drake), Speed/Agility/Mobility (Rey Mysterio, Finn Bálor, Leon Ruff), Skill/Experience (Finn Bálor, Jeff Hardy), and has ended up being the winner.

I'd like to see some scans of how mobile Mizuki is.

What's even worse is that she can make spears out of the environment, so she can just grab a random stick and turn it into a spear with her transmutation
What's stopping Theory from...stopping her from doing that? He's not going to stand there and let it happen.

(because Austin is absolutely not putting her down in a reasonable timeframe due to the LS and power advantage
The power advantage is negligible, plus it gets negated thanks to Theory's finishers, which do far more damage than his normal moves. I already talked about LS.

I recommend we do what I did in the Theory vs Tsukasa thread and give Theory some weapons.

'm getting a little annoyed at the fact that people are just completely ignoring the fact that Theory has experience in dealing with wrestlers with higher LS than Mizuki herself. I've shown legit proof of how Theory can circumvent it, and even break out of holds. Most wrestlers can break out of holds from people stronger than them due to their experience/skill as a wrestler. They have years upon years of experience wrestling all different kinds of opponents with many different fighting styles. They have dealt with disadvantages in LS, Speed, AP, Skill/Experience, and more, and can still come out the winner. Theory is no different. Of course, Theory has never fought someone with all of these advantages at once, but he has fought people who have advantages in LS (Bobby Lashley, Keith Lee, JD Drake), Speed/Agility/Mobility (Rey Mysterio, Finn Bálor, Leon Ruff), Skill/Experience (Finn Bálor, Jeff Hardy), and has ended up being the winner.
Instead of replying to this, I'll wait until you respond to my previous comment since it'd be bringing up the same point as before.
What's stopping Theory from...stopping her from doing that? He's not going to stand there and let it happen.
He won't be able to close the distance as fast as she an transmute objects and chuck them. Though she doesn't have to chuck them. She could just use it as a melee stabbing weapon.
The power advantage is negligible, plus it gets negated thanks to Theory's finishers, which do far more damage than his normal moves. I already talked about LS.
Finishers are useful, but not as useful as having a natural AP advantage. Having special moves/techniques that are stronger than all your other moves would mostly be useful in battles where the opponent is equal or weaker. But in a battle against an opponent who's ordinary attacks are stronger, it doesn't help much.
I'd like to see some scans of how mobile Mizuki is.
I can prolly go grab some.

Those advantages aren't negligible at all, they are very key advantages that prevent Theory from putting Mizuki down easily and quickly. If Theory can't put down Mizuki quickly, then Mizuki is eventually gonna realize that she can just stab him with a javelin and be done with that. Due to the LS advantage, he can't even disarm her.

Don't see how Theory overcomes that + range advantage with just lolskill.

Finishers are useful, but not as useful as having a natural AP advantage. Having special moves/techniques that are stronger than all your other moves would mostly be useful in battles where the opponent is equal or weaker. But in a battle against an opponent who's ordinary attacks are stronger, it doesn't help much.
Yeah. You have no idea how powerful finishers are lol. Let me grab some scans rq.

Those advantages aren't negligible at all, they are very key advantages that prevent Theory from putting Mizuki down easily and quickly. If Theory can't put down Mizuki quickly, then Mizuki is eventually gonna realize that she can just stab him with a javelin and be done with that. Due to the LS advantage, he can't even disarm her.
Same thing I said above.

Also, are we giving Theory weapons or not? It would even up the playing field a lot more.

Yeah. You have no idea how powerful finishers are lol. Let me grab some scans rq.
I'm aware they scale fairly above their normal AP, but the point is that it's a SPECIAL move. They aren't used nearly as often as standard moves. Which is why Mizuki's AP advantage is a better advantage over having a special move that scales far above the weaker contestants normal moves.

If you're talking about this, let me address it specifically.
They have years upon years of experience wrestling all different kinds of opponents with many different fighting styles. They have dealt with disadvantages in LS, Speed, AP, Skill/Experience, and more, and can still come out the winner. Theory is no different. Of course, Theory has never fought someone with all of these advantages at once, but he has fought people who have advantages in LS (Bobby Lashley, Keith Lee, JD Drake), Speed/Agility/Mobility (Rey Mysterio, Finn Bálor, Leon Ruff), Skill/Experience (Finn Bálor, Jeff Hardy), and has ended up being the winner.
Dealing with the advantage before does not make it not an advantage still. Especially when the person with the LS and power advantage also does indeed have a spear.

Even if he has dealt with higher LS before, it's still a very big hurdle to overcome. It makes grappling for the finishers harder, and it also makes it harder to disarm the spear.

If you hold a statistical advantage, range advantage, and own a spear. I don't see how skill is going to save you from that.

For a perspective on how powerful finishers are, James Ellsworth, widely regarded as one of the weakest/unskilled wrestlers in the entire verse, nearly beat AJ Styles with his finisher. Keep in mind that Ellsworth was weakened due to being toyed with by AJ throughout the whole match, and the only time where he gained any offense was when AJ got distracted.

AJ Styles is widely considered one of the very best in the WWE verse, being able to defeat the likes of John Cena and Chris Jericho clean.

Basically, a Low Tier almost defeated a God Tier with their finisher alone.

There's a big, and I mean big difference in power between Low and God Tiers.

I'll try my best to not use any multipliers (as using that logic is objectively false), but here's the AP's of both respective tiers:

God Tiers: 5,367,524.97 Joules

Low Tiers: 310.7 Kilojoules

The fact that a Low Tier damn near one shot a God Tier with just their finisher already says a lot.

Don't believe me, here's another example:

Finn Balor defeats Roman Reigns with his finisher. Finn is most certainly a Top Tier, as he has defeated some of the best the company has to offer, and while he does tend to come up short when it counts, best believe that he gives the God Tiers a damn good challenge. @Pikaman can elaborate on what I said about Finn.

Roman is without a doubt a God Tier. He has beaten the legendary Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and he has remained dominant in the WWE for the past 5 years, and he's the current Undisputed Champion, holding the title for over 2 years.

So yes, finishers aren't just "fairly above" a wrestler's normal AP. They're far higher than a wrestler's normal AP. The fact that a Low Tier can damn near beat someone with higher AP than Mizuki (I think), and a Top Tier flat out beat them, what do you think is going to happen when Theory hits his finisher on Mizuki?

I'm aware they scale fairly above their normal AP, but the point is that it's a SPECIAL move. They aren't used nearly as often as standard moves. Which is why Mizuki's AP advantage is a better advantage over having a special move that scales far above the weaker contestants normal moves.
What is Mizuki's AP again? If memory serves me right, she's like 4-ish Megajoules.

Theory is willing to use his finisher early on in the match. Here's an example of Theory using his finisher not even 2 minutes into the match.

He can have his phone. But we can't just throw him random weapons not even listed on his profile. If it were optional equipment listed on his profile that'd be one thing, but the only equipment mentioned is his phone.
1. I can make an argument that WWE weapons should be listed under every wrestler's optional equipment section, as they are basically always available to use in their matches, and can be brought anywhere.

or

2. We can just change the location to a WWE ring so Theory can have home field advantage, as well as access to his weapons.

Here

And well, she is canonically a track and field champion.
One of the things about panel shots in manga is that I can almost never tell what's going on😅

Sorry for asking for a lot, but can you describe what's going on here lol.

So yes, finishers aren't just "fairly above" a wrestler's normal AP. They're far higher than a wrestler's normal AP. The fact that a Low Tier can damn near beat someone with higher AP than Mizuki (I think), and a Top Tier flat out beat them, what do you think is going to happen when Theory hits his finisher on Mizuki?
Fair, it'd likely cause some major damage.
What is Mizuki's AP again? If memory serves me right, she's like 4-ish Megajoules.
Upscales from 4.2 Megajoules according to her profile, tho she should be small building level based on the calculation page... strange..
1. I can make an argument that WWE weapons should be listed under every wrestler's optional equipment section, as they are basically always available to use in their matches, and can be brought anywhere.

or

2. We can just change the location to a WWE ring so Theory can have home field advantage, as well as access to his weapons.
I thought you were implying "Let's just give Theory a gun or spear". If you want to put him somewhere to get homefield advantage where he has access to weapons, that's fair game.
One of the things about panel shots in manga is that I can almost never tell what's going on😅

Sorry for asking for a lot, but can you describe what's going on here lol.
Most of her movements consist of gymnastics. Twirling/flipping through the air, leaps, etc.

In the first few scans, she summons a pole vault, and sticks the tip of it inside of a monster, and launches herself into the air by vaulting off of it. She then spins in the air and tosses a javelin through a monster. Then she falls to the ground, grabs the edge of the javelin sticking out of the monster, spins him in a circle to knock back enemies and tosses him like a shot put at other monsters.

Against Rhino Wrestler, she leaps over the guy with the spiky chained ball, grabs said steel ball, and tosses it at Rhino Wrestler all before she touches the ground.

Sorry for getting off topic here...

BUT GUESS WHO'S YOUR NEW UNITED STATES CHAMPION!

stream

Upscales from 4.2 Megajoules according to her profile, tho she should be small building level based on the calculation page... strange..
The calc was downgraded and it should be linked on her profile, she upscales as she was rated 12 points higher than the guy that made this feat (and she is second to Iaian who got 69 points)

Now where was I?

Basically what Recon said. The 9-B's got nerfed. So Mizuki holds a roughly 1.5x AP advantage. Nothing crazy tbh.

I thought you were implying "Let's just give Theory a gun or spear". If you want to put him somewhere to get homefield advantage where he has access to weapons, that's fair game.
No wtf 😭 😭 😭

I don't think there's ever been a case where a WWE wrestler has used a gun or even a spear.

Now since Theory has the homefield advantage, here are the following weapons he has used throughout his career that he can use here:

Kendo Sticks

Steel Chairs

Steel Steps

Ladders

Tables

Theory's better off using Kendo Sticks and Steel Chairs, as they have a lot better grip than the other weapons, though that's not to say he's incapable of using the other weapons. He has Weapon Mastery after all.

In the first few scans, she summons a pole vault, and sticks the tip of it inside of a monster, and launches herself into the air by vaulting off of it. She then spins in the air and tosses a javelin through a monster. Then she falls to the ground, grabs the edge of the javelin sticking out of the monster, spins him in a circle to knock back enemies and tosses him like a shot put at other monsters.

Against Rhino Wrestler, she leaps over the guy with the spiky chained ball, grabs said steel ball, and tosses it at Rhino Wrestler all before she touches the ground.
Very impressive, however, I can argue that Theory has beaten people with very good acrobatic abilities.

He beat Leon Ruff in a very short amount of time, who has shown to have great acrobatic ability.

Theory has also defeated Ricochet, who has shown to have absurd athletic ability. Keep in mind that Theory beat both of these guys in a relatively short amount of time.

Theory can turn in mid-air, and he can do this, but that's about it.

Theory has shown to have very good timing as well, being able to catch his opponents in mid-air, so if Mizuki tries to do any mid-air moves, Theory can most certainly catch her.

I will also like to say that in the recent weeks, Theory has found a new edge to him, and he's become more aggressive and vicious than he's ever been. He's also a lot more focused and calculated than before. He tends to fight smarter than he used to.

Theory can potentially use his Social Influencing to catch Mizuki off guard or do something reckless, as that's one of her main weaknesses.

Pretty much all weapons besides the kendo sticks are actively useless against a spear. Especially since Mizuki can just keep her range and just throw shit if she really wants to get nasty (mobility is pretty hindered when you are holding a table), and there's only so much dodging you can do.

Still think she takes this.

Pretty much all weapons besides the kendo sticks are actively useless against a spear. Especially since Mizuki can just keep her range and just throw shit if she really wants to get nasty (mobility is pretty hindered when you are holding a table), and there's only so much dodging you can do.
Theory is perfectly capable of throwing steps and chairs at Mizuki.

Plus, isn't a table like, the perfect way to protect yourself?

These are very non-lethal compared to a spear.
True, but steel steps weigh far more than spears, and they're much thicker and wider than a spear. It's the perfect protection against it, and it will do damage, as steel steps have shown to do good damage to even God Tiers of the verse, as well as kendo sticks. God Tiers have higher AP than Mizuki btw.

Yea, I guess. Albeit as jinsye said, it's not at all lethal compared to a javelin. On top of that, it's giving her more ammo to transmute into weapons of her own.
If Theory's throwing steel steps at Mizuki, her first thought isn't to transmutate, her first thought is to dodge, which gives Theory the perfect opening to strike.

Back