• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Mizuki (One Punch Man) vs Austin Theory (WWE) (5-0-9)

True, but steel steps weigh far more than spears, and they're much thicker and wider than a spear. It's the perfect protection against it, and it will do damage, as steel steps have shown to do good damage to even God Tiers of the verse, as well as kendo sticks. God Tiers have higher AP than Mizuki btw.
Any of the weapons listed are not the perfect protection against it. A javelin thrown with 9-B KE would quite literally turn any normal day object into swiss cheese.
If Theory's throwing steel steps at Mizuki, her first thought isn't to transmutate, her first thought is to dodge, which gives Theory the perfect opening to strike.
Or block it. If she puts her arms or hands in front of her and stops it, she could then transmute it. Though dodging also works. Though I think if Theory kept throwing things, she'd eventually just transmute them, especially so if she runs low on ammo.

Also, Mizuki will have to find a way to adapt to an environment Theory has years of experience fighting in.
If the fight stays there. Mizuki can just like... run out. She IS a track and field champion. Her specialty is literally running.

The spear can also double as a baton if she needs to bat away anything. Which is a far less compromising position than dodging.

Any of the weapons listed are not the perfect protection against it. A javelin thrown with 9-B KE would quite literally turn any normal day object into swiss cheese.
Imagine how much damage something dozens of times heavier than a spear/javelin does when it's thrown by someone with 9-B KE.

Or block it. If she puts her arms or hands in front of her and stops it, she could then transmute it. Though dodging also works. Though I think if Theory kept throwing things, she'd eventually just transmute them, especially so if she runs low on ammo.
Well, Theory obviously isn't just going to continue throwing things. You're also ignoring the arguments I made on Social Influencing as well, which would be very helpful for him here, as one of Mizuki's main weaknesses is that she sometimes isn't aware of her surroundings, and she can be caught off guard, which will be extremely detrimental for her here, especially since she's in Theory's hometurf.

If the fight stays there. Mizuki can just like... run out. She IS a track and field champion. Her specialty is literally running.
Running isn't really gonna do much, as Theory will still have the homefield advantage (there's a backstage area), and there's also the fact that speed is equalized.

Now since Theory has the homefield advantage, here are the following weapons he has used throughout his career that he can use here:

Kendo Sticks

Steel Chairs

Steel Steps

Ladders

Tables

Theory's better off using Kendo Sticks and Steel Chairs, as they have a lot better grip than the other weapons, though that's not to say he's incapable of using the other weapons. He has Weapon Mastery after all.
Honestly the only useful thing here for Theory is the Kendo sticks. Chairs, ladders and tables can straight up be pierced through by Mizuki's javelin and land on Theory

Besides the one with actual experience fighting from range and throwing stuff at high speeds is Mizuki, not Theory.
Very impressive, however, I can argue that Theory has beaten people with very good acrobatic abilities.

He beat Leon Ruff in a very short amount of time, who has shown to have great acrobatic ability.

Theory has also defeated Ricochet, who has shown to have absurd athletic ability. Keep in mind that Theory beat both of these guys in a relatively short amount of time.

Theory can turn in mid-air, and he can do this, but that's about it.
That's impressive yeah but it's not really much compared to jumping above fully grown adult men and keeping enough momentum in the air to grab and throw mace balls or javelins. WWE afaik is still limited to real world physics in that regard.
Theory has shown to have very good timing as well, being able to catch his opponents in mid-air, so if Mizuki tries to do any mid-air moves, Theory can most certainly catch her.
And do what? Mizuki can easily break free from his grip and from that close range she can just stab him with his Baton transformations. Not to mention that Mizuki jumps and falls from greater distances than those shown in the WWE.
I will also like to say that in the recent weeks, Theory has found a new edge to him, and he's become more aggressive and vicious than he's ever been. He's also a lot more focused and calculated than before. He tends to fight smarter than he used to.

Theory can potentially use his Social Influencing to catch Mizuki off guard or do something reckless, as that's one of her main weaknesses.
She isn't particularly reckless, her only notable weakness is being somewhat oblivious to her surroundings but I don't really see how Theory's social influencing would capitalize on that, he mainly just taunts his opponents.

Honestly the only useful thing here for Theory is the Kendo sticks. Chairs, ladders and tables can straight up be pierced through by Mizuki's javelin and land on Theory
Steel steps are also useful, as they're by far the hardest to break out of all of them.

And do what? Mizuki can easily break free from his grip and from that close range she can just stab him with his Baton transformations. Not to mention that Mizuki jumps and falls from greater distances than those shown in the WWE.
Catch in mid-air as in, hit her with a strike, as I've shown in the timestamp above. Also, Theory has shown to lift people and perform moves on wrestlers who have higher LS than him. Example 1, Example 2, Example 3, Example 4, and Example 5 (the last two links I showed were finishers).

She isn't particularly reckless, her only notable weakness is being somewhat oblivious to her surroundings but I don't really see how Theory's social influencing would capitalize on that, he mainly just taunts his opponents.
Being somewhat oblivious to her surroundings is going to be a big issue when you're fighting in a turf you have no experience, while your opponent has years of experience on you. Plus, Mizuki has never shown to resist SI, so it's definitely going to help him here.

As someone who has actually fought against people with spears, fighting against people with spears is very hard.

There’s really no other way to put it. Spears are ******* broken for a reason, and have been used for thousands of years specifically because some random schmuck can defeat a trained warrior with one. They are quite literally weapons that specialize in being as easy as humanly possible to use.

Now, I don’t know much about Mizuki’s actual technique. I would recommend that someone looks through her fights to see how she uses her spears. If she sticks to throwing them and doing stupid anime moves, Austin might have a chance. However, if she simply points the spear at him and doesn’t leave any obvious openings, Austin is royally ****** and has very little chance.

Even with chairs and whatnot, Austin’s skill is most applicable against other wrestlers. I don’t particularly remember the last time a medieval peasant whipped out a lance and started disemboweling other wrestlers on live TV, after all. For that reason, most of Austin’s skill won’t translate very well to fighting a pointy spear being pointed at him. I have personal experience with it, and it requires a very different set of skills to avoid being stabbed by one.

I’m not voting, since this entirely relies on Mizuki using a spear properly and someone ought to research if she actually does that. However, I would not count any votes that rely on “skillstomping” with no elaboration, as I have not seen any evidence of Austin fighting people with spears. I cannot overstate this enough, you do not **** with spears. It does not matter how skilled you are, nine times out of ten, you will get stabbed and you will die. This is a tested fact that has remained true for thousands of years.

I highly recommend that an interested party finds a fight scene with Mizuki in it and sees exactly how she fights.

As someone who has actually fought against people with spears, fighting against people with spears is very hard.

There’s really no other way to put it. Spears are ******* broken for a reason, and have been used for thousands of years specifically because some random schmuck can defeat a trained warrior with one. They are quite literally weapons that specialize in being as easy as humanly possible to use.

Now, I don’t know much about Mizuki’s actual technique. I would recommend that someone looks through her fights to see how she uses her spears. If she sticks to throwing them and doing stupid anime moves, Austin might have a chance. However, if she simply points the spear at him and doesn’t leave any obvious openings, Austin is royally ****** and has very little chance.

Even with chairs and whatnot, Austin’s skill is most applicable against other wrestlers. I don’t particularly remember the last time a medieval peasant whipped out a lance and started disemboweling other wrestlers on live TV, after all. For that reason, most of Austin’s skill won’t translate very well to fighting a pointy spear being pointed at him. I have personal experience with it, and it requires a very different set of skills to avoid being stabbed by one.

I’m not voting, since this entirely relies on Mizuki using a spear properly and someone ought to research if she actually does that. However, I would not count any votes that rely on “skillstomping” with no elaboration, as I have not seen any evidence of Austin fighting people with spears. I cannot overstate this enough, you do not **** with spears. It does not matter how skilled you are, nine times out of ten, you will get stabbed and you will die. This is a tested fact that has remained true for thousands of years.

I highly recommend that an interested party finds a fight scene with Mizuki in it and sees exactly how she fights.
I don't know why people keep bringing up spears, she uses a Baton that she can transform into a Javelin, a Pole and other track and field related "weaponry", she seemingly also can do this with other objects like Needle Star's spiked mace ball.

Here is how she fights

Javelins are close enough to spears, is the thing.

My point was largely that, if she uses javelins in any capacity similar to a spear, Austin is kind of ******. If she sticks to weird pole stuff, he actually has a chance.

I talked a bit to Jinsye in discord, I’ll be sleeping soon, though I imagine she’ll have some further questions to go through that could influence this match.

@Pikaman

How_do_we_tell_him_cover.jpg
krabs-spongebob.gif

Javelins are close enough to spears, is the thing.

My point was largely that, if she uses javelins in any capacity similar to a spear, Austin is kind of ******. If she sticks to weird pole stuff, he actually has a chance.

I talked a bit to Jinsye in discord, I’ll be sleeping soon, though I imagine she’ll have some further questions to go through that could influence this match.
I don't really know, we haven't seen much of her fighting style aside from what I've shown you

The main point here is that if her Javelin throw lands the match is over, it doesn't even have to be lethal, if it lands on a joint, an arm, a thigh or a shoulder Theory will just lose since fighting someone with superior AP and LS while bleeding and suffering the pain of being pierced is just too much.

I’m not debating that, though I am making a point that overly dramatic anime fighting styles don’t tend to be as efficient as actual, normal fighting. As a result, she may not be able to exploit her advantages as well as she could, and Austin may get an opening to work with. Given her style of fighting, I think there are arguments to be made on both sides.

I’ll let Jinsye take it from here, though. I‘m not voting.

I think debating a throwing match is dumb, mostly because Theory is not going to engage in a throwing match ever.

The main questions in my opinion are a few things.

One, can Theory get close enough in the event of a ranged fight without being impaled by a javelin.

Two, if he gets close, could he prevent Mizuki from escaping or whatnot.

Three, how does Mizuki grapple, because while Theory outskills it could be argued that with decent enough skill/methods of grappling added onto the strength gap she would still put up a fight that Austin might not be able to handle very easily.

Yeah this looks done and dusted

Random has been asking me to continue my input on this one and I feel like I owe him that - But honestly after going through the long list of arguments in this thread, I do buy Mizuki having a decent enough chance at victory. Not voting or anything, but yeah-

Wouldn't the location they're in (WWE ring) make it much harder to Mizuki to impale Theory with her Javelin?

There's very little space in the area, compared to an open, outdoor location, where it's basically free real estate for Mizuki to impale Theory at any given point.

rumblew11.jpg

This is the average WWE ring you'd see every week.

Looking at this ring, it'd be a challenge for Mizuki to impale Theory due to the relatively small space in and outside the ring.

Unless someone can show me scans of Mizuki showing absurd accuracy with javelins in tight spaces, then it's going to be tough challenge for her to impale Theory, especially since Mizuki is somewhat oblivious to her surroundings, which will definitely play a factor for reasons I'm pretty sure I've already stated.

My brother in christ, it being an enclosed space like the ring is bad because it limits his movement, not hers, given she doesn't even need to move, and thus makes it harder to dodge the javelin. It's not making it harder for her to hit, it's actively boxing him in and making it more difficult to dodge.

It's just a watered version of trying to get by a dude with a lance on a staircase.

My brother in christ, it being an enclosed space like the ring is bad because it limits his movement, not hers, given she doesn't even need to move, and thus makes it harder to dodge the javelin. It's not making it harder for her to hit, it's actively boxing him in and making it more difficult to dodge.

It's just a watered version of trying to get by a dude with a lance on a staircase.
You do realize this is...Theory's home turf right?

He knows his way around the ring far more than her.

If anything, Theory having no weapons in an open space would make him a much easier target.
What? No. Being in a large open space makes any projectile weapon harder to land, as the target has more space to move around or hide.

Say you have a gun. Shooting someone in a small hall with barely any room to move is going to be far easier than trying to shoot someone running down the block of a neighborhood or a forest.

He may know the area more, but the fact of the matter that it's less space to move remains, making it easier to land her Javelin.

She can also again, run out. Since speed is equalized, that means he can't gain on her. If she starts 1 meter away from him, he will never gain on her if they both take off in the same direction at the same time. Meaning he could not stop her from escaping the building. Which isn't hard when they can just run or punch through any wall to escape the building.

Back