• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's more than a month. And it isn't even reshoots, it's shooting the scenes that were missing. People just blew it out of proportion.

I beIieve a DC Discussion thread should be made. This stuff about DC shouldn't be discussed this prevalent in a MCU centric thread.

https://youtu.be/ceJwm1cPIMU?t=29

Spider-Man vs Shocker fight. Best quality I could find on youtube.

Fight starts at 0:30, skip to it if you don't want to see plot.

Anyway, Shocker flips a school bus with a light punch at 1:04. If there's any way to calc the KE of that, that'd be great.

As far as durability showings go, Spidey enduring punches from Shocker is > Anything Cap has shown.

They're gonna have to make Odinforce Thor quite distinct from regular Thor, and lightning is not a good way to do it, imo. They could've at least used a different color to do so, like yellow or something.

I'm not expecting RKT, considering a bruiser with haxx is too imbalanced. Hulk only has strength, Iron Man is versatile but never up to par, Strange has haxx but isn't very strong, etc.

The reason he likely thought it was RKT was because of the glowing eyes.

However, here's a thing: Rune King Thor only appeared for 3 issues. Nobody outside of Versus Forums even remembers he exists.

But Odinforce is more likely. He might need Odin's power to fight Hela who is likely Small Country Level for breaking Mjolnir (comparable to Odin)

speaking of Thor, while you are doing the Marvel comics revision, can you add to his profiles abilities you mentioned he had (mostly in classic comics) that aren't on his profile currently? (gravity manipulation, time stop, etc.) The powers and abilities section also needs to be divided into keys as well corresponding to his base, OF and RKT forms @ Matt

Seriously though, if that opening scene in the Iw trailer is to be Thor flying through the remains of a destroyed Planet, if he survived that, or even if he is dead, his body is in tact with minor injuries, what would that do to his scaling or would it be a major outlier?

From what I hear, Thor has to fight multiple opponents already at his strength level upon arriving before he gets to Hulk, so maybe it'll shown or implied he gets much stronger than AoU?

If the newest feats are better than the old feats, that doesn't make them outliers. That just means that the new writers / new story decided to increase the power of the characters.

If you read 1986 - 1988 Post-Crisis Superman, you won't see anything even approaching Planet level (Although Mon-El was crossing interstellar distances and pushing planets in the Legion of Superheroes comic at the same time), but by 1991 he was already showing High 4-C feats.

I would take the same approach with the MCU. As long as they make sense and are shown.

i'm saying they are definitely not unless you think jane foster can also survive travelling at light speed. from what i understand of the mcu bifrost, its essentially a space elevator travelling through a worm hole. lol, beyond human perception? none of the characters involved are capable of even perceiving supersonic speed

@ssr4

star lord only retains his powers on ego, ego is dead

Bifrost travels you from point A to point B at MFTL+ speeds. It's not a space elevator like you claim. And who knows, they might be a lot faster than the Subsonic you keep insisting they are. Plenty of forums I see agree on Hypersonic+ to Massively Hypersonic.

Not saying they are, just pointing that out.

the bifrost is a worm hole generator, that was already established in the first thor movie, an eistein rosen bridge, its definitely a space elevator or depowered thor, jane or the car that followed them to asgard would have been disintegrated. plenty of forums i see agree that thor moves as fast as chris hemsworth proven by all his fight scenes. lets not get into this again mate

We don't follow other forums until our calcers and a lot of other people agree. Regardless, feats aren't outliers if they didn't show those before, provided it's not hilariously out of scale, imo. That and if it doesn't get contradicted by other feats.

For that matter, I don't think Thor and Hela are MFTL+, rather, I think time in the Bifrost is relative, like if Goku would walk from end to end of the metabolic time chamber in a matter of weeks, only to get out and only a few minutes have passed in the outside world. Like a person walking inside a moving bullet train, or something.

Drummerboix

M8, in Narutoforums Movie Thor is considered Mach 800+ in combat, and also a Lifewiper. We won't get anywhere if we use this logic.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Drummerboix
M8, in Narutoforums Movie Thor is considered Mach 800+ in combat, and also a Lifewiper. We won't get anywhere if we use this logic.
see? that does not even make sense, mach 800 is just ridiculous

You haven't even said why it's ridiculous. People are so underrating Thor. I personally believe Thor's up to Tier 6 or 5, but people here think it's an outlier, so I'll just drop it.

and alot of anti-feats. do u think he was going mach 800 in his fight with loki, ultron, qs, malekith or iron man, there's also the fact that in all his fight scenes he has always moved as fast as the stuntman. no one is underating thor, its just that you guys always take scenes with heavy amount of context and use it as standard and ignore his actual feats

Apparent speed. Have you ever heard of that concept? In any visual media, the characters who are Subsonic or higher (Translation, faster than human perception) are slown down so that the spectator can keep up with them.

It's why in gameplay, Sonic the Hedgehog is Subsonic, but he's actually Faster than Light, and also the same reason you can see Dragonball characters fighting.

Saying "He doesn't look that fast" is not an argument.

Freeza's Death Ball when he blew up Namek looks slow and sluggish, but it was calced at Sub-Relativistic speeds.

@Drummerboi.x

Everything you said is combat speed though. He's only Mach 900 when hanging onto his hammer and flyinh Anyway:

VS Iron Man: It was agreed that he was weakened by the dark energy. Even let's say Thor travelled at Mach 900 they were 10 metres apart and Iron Man only needed to travel at Mach 50 which is consistent with his continental flight.

apparent speed is also always clearly indicated, if loki can keep up with thor, and captain can keep up with loki, i suppose by your logic, that would make cap mach 800?

see man of steel, the fights are slown down for easy perception but their actual speed is indicated by the presence of mach cones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back