• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you are talking about combat speed. Thor is only Mach 900 when hanging onto his hammer and flying. His hammer is Mach 900, it's consistent with MHS Quicksilver.

Probably, yes. Or at least Mach 30 scaling from Iron Man. IMO they should be Supersonic scaling from Iron Man's spinning speed.

um.....did you read the initial comment? mjolnir on its own without influence from thor and a seperation distance of light years can achieve mach whatever it was in that outlier scene, it is a 42 pound object with little surface area, assuming it can go that fast with that much mass hanging on to it is just erroneous. quicksilver was not going as fast as mjolnir went in that outlier scene

Also if Thor can will Mjolnir to go that fast, he can will himself too logically. Anyway gtg. I'll leave it to the others to answer your points.

Mjolnir by itself, traveling back to Thor under normal conditions can go up to supersonic (Thor movie), but withs sufficient distance, it can travel up to 3 digit mach speeds.

That said, I don't see why Thor can't just will it to fly him at at the very least, supersonic speeds. I'm neutral on Mach 900 Thor flight.

Instances of flying and being thrown that fast?

Flying:

Caught up to a quinjet despite being weakened by dark magic prior to his arrival on Earth.

Throwing:

None calcable.

Recalling:

Supersonic (Thor)

MHS (TDW)

Flies to space in seconds at MHS speeds.

Returns to Thor at MHS speeds.

The argument that each type of Mjolnir flight has different speeds makes no sense as we see in The Dark World that they all have the same speed when Thor transitions from summoning Mjolnir to flying and it doesn't slow it down at all.

I look forward to both IW and Ragnarok, i hope Surtur gets some decent feats, and from the looks of it, Thanos already has a pretty mayor feat with the IG

@Matt

Uhm, what? Care to post the scene in question?

@Quag

I am. I just hope that the latter two don't job to Hulk.

@matt

i'm pretty sure darcy had no problem tracking mew mew, so it didn't return to him at MHS speed.

thor cannot move his hands at supersonic speed, it is therefore impossible for him to throw at such speed

@Gemmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tykan_53OnE

Thor summoned his Mjolnir and when he grabbed it he actually flew faster than before. All forms of Mjolnir flying are a result of Odin's magic so it makes no sense for you to assume they are different.

@Drummer

No, it did return at MHS speeds. Calculated Math > That.

Your second claim is also disproven in the same movie.

dude, there is literally no scene in the MCU where thor throws mjolnir at above subsonic, the one u keep claiming wasn't actually a throw, mjolnir independently launched itself into orbit in that instance

@Drummer

Nope, it was still a throw, the only thing that made it shift direction and fly into orbit was the shifting dimensions.

Regardless, Mjolnir is 100% as fast regardless of how it's sent flying.

And if your argument is "Mach Cones", those are irrelevant, and apparent speed is something I already addressed.

@matt

you can't just state apparent speed without citing the indications. thats how u arrived at captain america being mach 30, i already told u how apparent speed works. even cw flash isn't mach 30

The fact remains that thor's throw had no influence on getting mjolnir to orbit

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Gemmy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tykan_53OnE

Thor summoned his Mjolnir and when he grabbed it he actually flew faster than before. All forms of Mjolnir flying are a result of Odin's magic so it makes no sense for you to assume they are different.
Unquantified speed, and assumption that all his hammer's flight is equal in speed. Especially so when none of the effects that show going supersonic and above is absent.

Thor is shown fighting h2h with Hela for awhile, Valkyrie is shown reacting and Blocking Hela's swords, Hela is likely going to get MHS feats from Thor's lightning and they would scale. So, this should be put to rest when Ragnarok comes out.

If anything, Hela scales to them until proven that she has reflexes higher than what they're currently rated. So yeah, reflexes arguments should be put to rest til then.

And yes, he pulls clouds when he uses it, for the most part. For big ones anyway.

In regards to the hulk in Ragnarok I remember reading somewhere that according to the director; he'll be far more powerful than he's usually portrayed in the MCU

Davidsteel1 said:
In regards to the hulk in Ragnarok I remember reading somewhere that according to the director; he'll be far more powerful than he's usually portrayed in the MCU
It would be so nice if we got some of them pages like that.

I think he's saying that the Hulk now has strength rivaling the gods, which we are already aware of since he fights Thor anyway.

"Unquantified speed, and assumption that all his hammer's flight is equal in speed. Especially so when none of the effects that show going supersonic and above is absent."

What is this supposed to mean? We don't need Sonic Booms, they are not relevant to the discussion. What truly matters is that that scene proves that Mjolnir's flight speed is faster than its recalling speed.

It debunks the whole fallacy of not only splitting Combat and Flight speed, but also sub-dividing flight speed into three.

Something that also needs to be addressed about Hela is her "Godly" Status. Rumors floating around that Marvel is going to make her the overall goddess of death to skip confusion about Asgardian Goddess of Death and Death Herself.

If this is the case, the Guardians of the Galaxy guide book explanations of the Cosmic Entities may be wrong.

@Barry

Doubt it. Eternity himself has been referenced in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and The Living Tribunal was also referenced in Doctor Strange.

They are going to faithfully adapt the Abstracts.

Besides, if Hela is the overal Goddess of Death, that'd make her above Dormammu, which obviously isn't the case.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What is this supposed to mean? We don't need Sonic Booms, they are not relevant to the discussion. What truly matters is that that scene proves that Mjolnir's flight speed is faster than its recalling speed.
Except that you didn't have proof of anything. It was portrayed at its fastest when the distance between them is large. We don't have much else to go about with.

It debunks the whole fallacy of not only splitting Combat and Flight speed, but also sub-dividing flight speed into three.

There is no subdividing flight speed here. Thor can fly as fast if not faster than a quinjet, because he's shown to do so. How fast that quinjet is, we don't know but it can be assumed to be flying near if not at its top speed since they seem to be in quite the hurry.

The other supposed flight speeds you're talking about are recall speeds.

Reccall speed doesn't exist. Mjolnir is 100% as fast either flying, recalling or when throwing. Thor 2 The Dark World proves this.

I want to see this proof though. TDW showed us that large distance separation from Thor makes it speed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back